Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The playoff should be flexible, and not limited to 4 teams.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 970

The playoff should be flexible, and not limited to 4 teams.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:47 AM

At the end of the season, coaches should be able to nominate their team for the playoffs. And who knows their team better than the head coach? Take it out of the hands of a committee who don’t see the practices, workouts, etc... If 6 teams nominate themselves, it’s a 6 team playoff that year. If only 3 nominate themselves, it’s a 3 team playoff. This season, you’d likely only see Clemson, Alabama, and ND nominate themselves. Teams like OU, OSU, Michigan, and UGA, who know they really don’t stand a chance, would likely not nominate themselves b/c they would be exposed as fraudulent homers. It would have to be done on the honor system to keep the playoff from ballooning, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Seeing as how the defending national champions are still

Nov 29, 2018, 8:50 AM

undefeated, I feel pretty confident UCF's coach would nominate his team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I forgot about them, just like the committee has...

Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 AM

Which is exactly why this change is needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yes, but is this flexible?

Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Seeing as how the defending national champions are still ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

bending without breaking

Nov 29, 2018, 8:55 AM

Textbook case of flexible

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, but is this flexible?

Nov 29, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Yes, but is this flexible? ]

Well, yes, that’s flexible, but nothing special. As a matter of fact, I did the same thing last week - when hanging Christmas tree ornaments, but couldn’t find a ladder - so I used two chairs...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It is a bit of a stretch.***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Yes, but is this flexible? ]

An honor system among coaches!! Great concept.***

Nov 29, 2018, 9:04 AM

I would add the coot clause

Nov 29, 2018, 9:18 AM

If you lose by more than ... let's say 20 ... to your rival

You have to give up football for one season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet that would shut up those Louisville fans who try and

Nov 29, 2018, 9:20 AM

call Clemson their rival.

Love it...

Nov 29, 2018, 9:25 AM

why not take it further, make it a national election, blue and red state or team color states, yammering delegates and pundits and coaches, ballot boxes, etc.

Isn't that what happened last year with Bama?***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:02 AM

Re: The playoff should be flexible, and not limited to 4 teams.

Nov 29, 2018, 10:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 970
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic