Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FPI, ESPN's latest attempt at football poll manipulation....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,430

FPI, ESPN's latest attempt at football poll manipulation....

Sep 22, 2015, 7:21 AM

If you watch the ESPN talking heads, you will hear them all referencing the FPI (Football Power Index). This is an internally (to ESPN) made up poll that uses a formula that is not published to guage the "strength" of college teams. You will only find vague references to its formula online. All of the ESPN talking heads are quoting it, leading me to believe an ESPN directive is telling them to quote it. Mike Greenberg has quoted it the last two mornings on Mike &Mike. Is anybody really surprised to find that the top 4 teams in this "poll" are SEC schools (Including a 1 loss Alabama team)? Stay on your toes, KNOW THE AGENDA, and call them on this BS!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm warming up my fax machine right now!***

Sep 22, 2015, 7:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FPI, ESPN's latest attempt at football poll manipulation....

Sep 22, 2015, 7:39 AM

With about 70 teams in the Power 5 conferences, it's laughable that esucsecpn only talks about the sec. Since about 5 teams (at least) in the sec suck, how can you do nothing but run your mouth about 9 teams?

Re: FPI, ESPN's latest attempt at football poll manipulation....

Sep 22, 2015, 8:25 AM

I'm gonna flip that , I think 9 of them suck and maybe 5 deserve some praise . Those five this year , so far would be Ole Miss , LSU , UGA , Texas AM and possibly Bama ( ? ) .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is.....

Sep 22, 2015, 7:47 AM

Tigernet obsessing about it 24x7! Guess what? If you guys didn't remind me every second of every day i would have no idea because guess what? I don't watch ESPN! Yes, it's that simple! It's so easy even YOU can do it. I promise, or your money back.

Re: The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is.....

Sep 22, 2015, 7:50 AM

And the only thing worse than our obsession about esucsecpn is your obsession about our obsession about.... what was I just saying?

Re: The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is.....

Sep 22, 2015, 8:00 AM [ in reply to The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is..... ]

That's so wise. Just ignore the problem and it will go away. That always works.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, "just ignore that, ignore them...they won't hurt us!"...???? Wth?!

Sep 22, 2015, 8:13 AM

The administration has been & IS STILL trying this technique to dumb us down, pacify us, & weaken us so they can control & ruin us....look how bad it's gotten!
"You have to pass it to know what's in it"
"That's not Islamic extremists or a terrorist act, that's just some poor disturbed Muslim who needs our help & mercy", yet "those white people - all of them - are racists & homegrown terrorists, and we should take everyone's guns because the Americans are more dangerous with racism & domestic terror than ISIS is a threat to the world!"

Yep, ignore it, don't call it out, don't point out the true bias & inequality and it will all be okay ;)
Maybe we can take some power index from some of the best teams & share it with the other crappy teams & then everyone can share the national title trophy in little pieces.....you know, since the losers deserve as much as the winners....
- signed: Bernie Sanders ??

GO TIGERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shut them ALL up!

Ahhh.....I feel better now!

I don't watch ESPiN either but I try and keep up:

Sep 22, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is..... ]

I know you can read so read this https://secexposed.wordpress.com/

or just carry on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1.... Thanks for the link. Bookmarked for future weeks...***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like there's anything we can really do to stop it.

Sep 22, 2015, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is..... ]

Either the committee buys into it or they don't.

Re: Like there's anything we can really do to stop it.

Sep 22, 2015, 1:11 PM

If we keep pointing out to everyone that the bias exists it will be seen for what it is. Chris Fowler has been dismissed from College Gameday for his excessive defense of the SEC bias. We can make a difference and already have.

Many watch and believe ESPN, especially those who hold our

Sep 22, 2015, 8:51 AM [ in reply to The only thing worse than SEC coverage on ESPN is..... ]

playoff hopes in their hands. Win out and we're in may not be that simple. If we do get boned, it would be nice to know where it came from. As the season develops, ESPN will tip their hand as to how much they're trying to influence the outcome. Would like to see for myself rather than rely on some second hand analysis.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know what the committee watches and believes?

Sep 22, 2015, 8:57 AM

And we aren't getting left out if we go 13-0. There's NO WAY that would happen. There would have to be 5 undefeated power 5 teams for something like that to take place.

E$ecPN will continue to pimp the $EC.....

Sep 22, 2015, 8:15 AM

like a $10.00 ho on Friday night.

They're married to it and pregnant by it and too heavily invested to worry about being objective, fair, and impartial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I made the same point a couple of years ago-- they show it

Sep 22, 2015, 8:40 AM

on their ticker, in their articles, etc., trying to make it relevant, more relevant than human polls or computer models that have been around for decades(and even those are flawed/questionable). They are only worried about driving their agenda which means maximizing SEC teams in the playoffs and bringing artificial significance to SEC conf games that are otherwise irrelevant. It's pathetic. If you were listening to the end of the Bama- Ole Miss game, Fowler threw the FPI out there and discussed how it had accurately predicted what Vegas didn't(nevermind that Vegas isn't a prediction). It was even awkward in the way he said it like there were some anti-SECs fans in the booth that might jump his #### for suggesting it. Very odd. Extremely pathetic.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,430
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic