Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Difference between Sammy and Clowney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Difference between Sammy and Clowney

Jul 18, 2013, 9:01 AM

I keep hearing these comparisons of what Sammy said and what Clowney said and it is just absolutely ridiculous. They are in no way comparable.

There's a difference between being confident, being cocky and being arrogant.

Had Clowney responded by saying "It doesn't matter what Tajh Boyd's gameplan is, I think I'm the best DE in the nation and I don't think any QB can escape me. I strive to be the best in every game no matter the QB."

I would have no problem with this and, in fact, I would expect it from him. He's a great player.

Most college football atheletes have a confidence about them. Most star college football atheletes have a cockiness about them and, in most cases, have to to be successful.

Then there's some who are downright arrogant.

Examples

Tajh Boyd (Confidence):
"It might not be that big of a deal to the blind eye but for people who study the game and understand what goes into a completion and things of that nature. Me, personally, I want to be the most well-put-together quarterback this fall. Mechanically, decision-making and just being able to lead the team," Boyd said. "We open with a banger against Georgia, and we’re excited about that. Aaron Murray is a guy who is rated highly. I want to be able to outperform him. I don’t want question marks about my game after the season."

Sammy Watkins (Cockiness):
"I don't think there's a better receiver than me, not in the ACC, not in the nation," he said. "My goal is to break all of (DeAndre Hopkins'), records and help get this team where we want to go. I have heard the critics doubt me," Watkins said, "I've heard them say I can't play a whole season or the defenses figured me out or whatever, but that's not the case. I will catch 80 or more balls, I'll get at least 13-16 touchdowns and 1400 yards, that's what's coming."

Jadeveon Clowney (Arrogance):
"I can tell Tajh Boyd is scared back there," Clowney said. "He ain't no sitting duck, but you can see in his eyes that he's scared of our D-linemen. You can look at a guy and tell that he's scared," Clowney said. "If he's staring at me before the ball is snapped and he's staring at me every play before the ball is snapped, oh we got him. I tell the players that he's shook."

One has a goal of being the best, one thinks he's already the best and the other talks chit about other players specifically and thinks his doo doo ice don't stink.

That's the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"..scared of our D-Line..." never says afraid of him.

Jul 18, 2013, 9:07 AM

nm.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "..scared of our D-Line..." never says afraid of him.

Jul 18, 2013, 9:11 AM

Try and read chicken little:

"If he's staring at me before the ball is snapped and he's staring at me every play before the ball is snapped, oh we got him. I tell the players that he's shook."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2013, 9:14 AM

"staring at me" and "afraid of me" are very different quotes.

Jul 18, 2013, 9:18 AM

Are you that bird brain dead to even try to argue that he isn't referring to him self with the entire interview? really?

do you get paid handsomely for tutoring?

Jul 18, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: "..scared of our D-Line..." never says afraid of him. ]

if not, you're wasting your time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: do you get paid handsomely for tutoring?

Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 AM

I enjoy, at times, attempting to converse with the inferior feathered friends to the south. Trying to figure out coot logic, while impossible, is challenging and rewarding.

Rewarding...like when you go in the bathroom and take a big

Jul 18, 2013, 10:21 AM

Spurrier?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Rewarding...like when you go in the bathroom and take a big

Jul 18, 2013, 10:26 AM

Or a mangus, yes.

not saying i agree &/or disagree with anyone, but i believe

Jul 18, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to "..scared of our D-Line..." never says afraid of him. ]

most point to calling out opposing players by name, which has always been a no-no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not saying i agree &/or disagree, but you, GWP, and Hartins

Jul 18, 2013, 9:37 AM

routinely call out opposing T-net posters by name (ME!), which has always been a no-no.

Re: not saying i agree &/or disagree, but you, GWP, and Hartins

Jul 18, 2013, 9:41 AM

DSP has always been an arrogant sum bish....

i prefer effin elitist jerk...

Jul 18, 2013, 9:43 AM

it's got cred.

i'm sorry bob, i thought we were on a first name basis.

Jul 18, 2013, 9:41 AM [ in reply to not saying i agree &/or disagree, but you, GWP, and Hartins ]

what's your gypsy name?

My gypsy name is "Danior", which means "born with teeth"

Jul 18, 2013, 10:20 AM

http://www.babynameworld.com/gypsy-boy.asp

that's awesome, if i take a gypsy name does it have to be

Jul 18, 2013, 10:21 AM

ghey too?

Yes, I believe most gypsies have at least a small touch of

Jul 18, 2013, 10:22 AM

the ghey.

well, if i want to get in touch with that side, some call me

Jul 18, 2013, 10:23 AM

Tem.

"Tem" huh...so you're an old country boy? Nice.***

Jul 18, 2013, 10:28 AM

if anyone asks, tell i've gone country...

Jul 18, 2013, 10:33 AM

photo girls_in_daisy_dukes_zpsb06db56b.jpg

don't wait up.

Posting pics of a modern day "Daisy Duke" won't convince

Jul 18, 2013, 10:40 AM

anyone that you don't have a touch of the ghey.

i did her, she did my nails...

Jul 18, 2013, 10:52 AM

we called it even.

Hope she does a better job of painting nails than

Jul 18, 2013, 10:59 AM

GWP. Man that was a mess the last time he worked on you.

don't be so hard on gwp...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:05 AM

she gets a little nervous sometimes.

Re: don't be so hard on gwp...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:32 AM

What do you expect when you yell at her with a whip wearing her panties?

it's a good point...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:41 AM

maybe a smaller whip?

Somebody gets a little too excited about these jokes

Jul 18, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: don't be so hard on gwp... ]

something you want to tell us CUATFL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

it would be something...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:54 AM

if at least once he played hard to get.

Re: it would be something...

Jul 18, 2013, 12:43 PM

I'm not just a point ho...

Jul 18, 2013, 9:18 AM [ in reply to "..scared of our D-Line..." never says afraid of him. ]

I beg to differ. The way he looks at me before ball is snapped.

Jadeveon Clowney (Arrogance):
"I can tell Tajh Boyd is scared back there," Clowney said. "He ain't no sitting duck, but you can see in his eyes that he's scared of our D-linemen. ((((You can look at a guy and tell that he's scared," Clowney said.)))) (((("If he's staring at me before the ball is snapped and he's staring at me every play before the ball is snapped)))), ((((oh we got him. I tell the players that he's shook.))))"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2013, 9:19 AM [ in reply to "..scared of our D-Line..." never says afraid of him. ]

Funny how SCar fans were all about Clowney's comments until he gets called on how arrogant they are. All of a sudden you guys are Clowney apologists.

Re: Difference between Sammy and Clowney

Jul 18, 2013, 9:11 AM

And that is a + 1 for well said!!!

I would say..

Jul 18, 2013, 9:17 AM

Clowney achieved exactly what he set out to do. People are typing out long psychoanalytical essays about what he said and worrying about a college kid being "classy".
Meanwhile, he's at the ESPY's collecting hardware and rubbing shoulders with the best the sports world has to offer.
So...yeah.

Re: I would say..

Jul 18, 2013, 9:19 AM

I honestly don't care what he said. Doesn't bother me. I just think it's ridiculous that what Sammy said is being compared to it.

The only reason anyone is okay with Watkins predicting

Jul 18, 2013, 10:13 AM

"beating the mess out of UGA" is because he is a Tiger.

If it was Malcolm Mitchell or Gurley, Tigernet and WCCP would have been in meltdown mode just as they are about Clowney's current comment.

The biggest difference between the two is that nothing which Watkins or Clemson has done in the past 3 or 4 years would give anyone reason to believe that Clemson should "beat the mess out of UGA". At least Clowney's comment has a basis in explaining actual happenings on the field....like why Boyd averages 11 completions and 120 yds a game vs. SC.

It is not much fun being on the receiving end of getting the business.

Re: The only reason anyone is okay with Watkins predicting

Jul 18, 2013, 10:29 AM

1. He didn't predict anything, he said if we beat them like we should. That's not predicting anything at all. Again, this is an example of coot illiteracy.

2. Even if he did predict a win, it's still not comparable.

3. Go back to FGF.

Re: Congrats...you sort of proved the original point...

Jul 18, 2013, 10:46 AM

He didn't "predict" it and even if he did predict it, it isn't comparable..why because he is a Tiger.

It is not as much fun being on the receiving end.

Speaking from experience? You don't like being "receiver"?***

Jul 18, 2013, 10:52 AM

Re: Congrats...you sort of proved the original point...

Jul 18, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats...you sort of proved the original point... ]

"He didn't "predict" it and even if he did predict it, it isn't comparable..why because he is a Tiger."

No

Read it slowly:

Because it is not comparable. what do you not understand about the differences between a player refering to a game and a player talking chit about other players?

Just win baby!***

Jul 18, 2013, 10:22 AM

HUGE difference...

Jul 18, 2013, 10:57 AM

Boyd and Watkins are Clemson players, while Clowney is a Gamecock player. ;)

Re: Difference between Sammy and Clowney

Jul 18, 2013, 11:57 AM

Nobody is talking about Sammy right now. Clowney is trending on twitter, and being talked about for the Heisman. And like the poster above clearly pointed out, Clowney is a Gamecock, and Sammy is NOT!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic