Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's comments on SiriusXM
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Dabo's comments on SiriusXM

Jun 12, 2019, 12:19 PM

I have conducted dozens of interviews with Dabo on our SiriusXM platform.

Reading the quote attributed to Coach Swinney from a recent SiriusXM broadcast, I was a bit confused because I didn't recall hearing him make the statement on our show(s).

As we all later found out, the interview and quote in question took place on Coach K's "Basketball and Beyond Show" from this past February.

It's pretty obvious that Dabo was attempting to make light of losing his "famous son status" in his home state of Alabama. After beating the Tide in two national title games, I think it's pretty apparent why the locals would be upset.

As for the "Osama Bin Dabo" line, it was intended as levity. Some jokes go over better than others. Personally, I wouldn't have used the analogy, but coach is entitled to tell his own story.

There are a couple of items that should be mentioned:

1) The comments occurred 4 months ago on a national radio interview. To my knowledge I'm not aware of a single "outrage or complaint" of Dabo's appearance when the show aired in February. For the record, it aired numerous times.

2) The host of the show is a proud graduate of Westpoint. If Coach K didn't seem offended, I'm not exactly sure why some media talking heads would get upset four months after the fact.

3) In our business, it is normally a slow news cycle in June. The CWS will dominate the headlines along with another round of transfer portal news. Digging up a 4 month old quote that was intended to be a joke is hardly newsworthy. Hidden agendas become painfully obvious.

In closing, I speak for everyone on this issue....football season can't get here fast enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Pack ! Love Your Show!

Jun 12, 2019, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Pack ! Love Your Show!

Jun 12, 2019, 12:28 PM

Thanks for posting that!

Jun 12, 2019, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Thanks Pack ! Love Your Show! ]

“Hidden agendas become painfully obvious.”

^^^^^ I struggle with ANY news organization that HAS an agenda. I still remember clearly a time when reporters just reported and they left it to the audience to decide what it meant. We used to mock ANY and ALL reporting that came with an AGENDA. I hate that the majority of all US Media, whether it is news, business, political or even sports, has devolved into propaganda. National Anchors used to be among the most respected people in this country, now they’re clowns who will say whatever they’re told to say, for a buck.

Sadly now they all have agendas

Jun 12, 2019, 1:23 PM

Every single one of them. I used to be a news junkie. Would watch cable news all the time. Enjoyed the debate. But now there's no debate, there's only lectures, opinions, and very strong, arrogant condemnations. I have an ex-wife - I don't need that from TV. So when the news flopped, I started getting more into sports media and keeping up with that. But then the same mentality creeps in - "I'm right, you're wrong, and because I'm obviously smarter, that means you're an idiot." I understand we as fans all have fun with that, with our rivals and such, but general "sports media" shouldn't be going there. Yet they do. Often.

At least I still have YouTube replays of old games and highlights. For now....

Jun 12, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks Pack ! Love Your Show! ]

It is sad we now live in a country where approximately 90% of the media (tv, radio, etc) have an agenda (political, sports, etc) and spit out mostly fake news......facts and reality do not matter anymore......they will say or do anything to accomplish this agenda......and it only takes one of these idiots to start it up......Dabo is now a target because Clemson is now the best and the rest don’t like it......they better get used to it because Dabo or Clemson is now taking names and kicking rear ends.......and Bama is not the Big Boy anymore.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Well said, Mark!

Jun 12, 2019, 12:26 PM

BTW your show beats the pants off Finebaum's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Figuratively speaking or do you watch Finebaum, wishfully?***

Jun 12, 2019, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This statement backs uP my premise that Finebomb was out for DabO's head but..

Jun 12, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Well said, Mark! ]

cowardly used a public ethics speech expert yesterday on his show to tamper down his sordid part in it.

What a dooeshbag!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This statement backs uP my premise that Finebomb was out for DabO's head but..

Jun 12, 2019, 5:55 PM

A what ? Public ethics speech expert, sounds made up to me. Shirley you can't make money as one.

I see the ACC Network in Pack's future***

Jun 12, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Well said, Mark! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

It was announced several weeks ago, that Pack & Wes Durham

Jun 12, 2019, 6:12 PM

will be co-hosting a daily morning show on ACCN. In fact, a similar show has been on SiriusXM radio for well over a year now, and it is very good. You can find it on XM channel 371. So much better than that Finebum crap!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On what television channel is that available?***

Jun 12, 2019, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Well said, Mark! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Dabo's comments on SiriusXM

Jun 12, 2019, 12:38 PM

The analogy to Osama appears to be lost on you and many others. It has nothing to do with 9/11 or any other aspect of any event connected with Osama except his having to be hiding in caves and other places to avoid detection. Personally, I though, in a comical way, it was a perfect description of his trips back to Alabama. All too often, it appears many of us are waiting like a vulture to manufacture an excuse to be offended, and, in doing so, reveal our true bias and agenda.

Other than your comment re his choice of words, your comments are head on.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 12:42 PM

You nailed it!

Jun 12, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's comments on SiriusXM ]

Spot on!

Jun 12, 2019, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's comments on SiriusXM ]

Yep......in this era of political correctness somebody might get their little feelings hurt if you say anything ........even when it is meant to be just humor......Go Tigers!!!!!

There is not a better guy on the radio than Mark Packer.***

Jun 12, 2019, 12:48 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo's comments on SiriusXM- clearly spells out

Jun 12, 2019, 12:52 PM

PF's agenda which everyone knows but still lets him skate by as if it isnt there. hw he is allowed to parlay clear bias into an increased profile amazes me. If he worked for Bama it would be one thing but he is an "SEC beat guy"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Imagine many are offended

Jun 12, 2019, 12:59 PM

By PF's existence. He should at least be relagated to strictly AM radio.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Imagine many are offended- If I were king

Jun 12, 2019, 1:03 PM

he would be locked in the WCCP studios and on air forever. they deserve each other

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2019, 1:02 PM

Though I assumed it was happening, I hadn’t seen any outcry from this quote.

If people are upset, I’d love to ask why. Dabo referenced a known terrorist that our country assassinated in a black ops mission and then publicly released NSFW pictures of his dead body.

But Dabo mentioning it is taboo?

Too many people are just begging for a reason to be upset. Ridiculous.

Either way Pack, thanks for clearing up the source and timeframe. That makes it even more stupid that people are upset, as it sounds like you had nothing to do with it and it happened months ago.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

Thanks for Posting and thanks for a great show on XM!

Jun 12, 2019, 1:07 PM

I personally won't listen or watch anything with PF. I'll actually stand up and walk to the TV to change a channel if he is on.

Personally I'm ready for some ACC bias and constant SEC team bashing once the network is up and running come August.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If taking liberties with a dead mass murderer is wrong,

Jun 12, 2019, 1:10 PM

I hope Dabo is never right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone coerced into being offended by this is an idiot who

Jun 12, 2019, 1:56 PM

doesn't know how English works. They need to drop out of Berkley and go finish the 4th grade. No exceptions for military personnel or someone who lost a loved one in NYC. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS SAID Or and even more likely, you are dishonest. Go be offended if you want, but don't dare claim rational legitimacy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

The only person that tried to turn it into something

Jun 12, 2019, 4:15 PM

harmful was Paul Finebaum and some Bama fans that are regulars for him. Most of the people that call in to Finebaum really had no problem with it and saw it for what it was. He has just tried to stir it into something more than it was. . The only thing this has done is perhaps rule out Dabo ever going to Alabama to coach, not that it was an odds on possibility anyway, but thanks for that confirmation Finebaum.

Pack, I love listening to your show. I really like you and Wes n the morning on my way to work and your show in the afternoon on my way home from work. Although I have Sirius Radio, the only time I listen to Finebaum is when I get home and he's on tv.

Pack, we lived on the same hall in 1981, our freshman year at Clemson, Johnstone F-5. I was good friends with a couple of your golf teammates that year, but only met you a couple of times. Thanks for all of the good coverage on your show.

Packman! Miss you on Charlotte radio!

Jun 12, 2019, 5:59 PM

Well said.

null

It's only a story because some $%^&#@es want it to be.***

Jun 12, 2019, 6:02 PM

Pawl, along with his entourage, realize that Bama won't be

Jun 12, 2019, 6:10 PM

winning on the field against Clemson anytime soon. They're looking for some way to deride him and affect Clemson's sudden rise to the top in recruiting... It's their last gasp chance at turning the Tide that is suddenly ebbing lower. It ain't gonna work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Pack***

Jun 12, 2019, 7:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m with you, Packman

Jun 12, 2019, 7:15 PM

I listen to your show every day...haven’t called in yet, but that day is coming!

Dekle Griffith

Jun 12, 2019, 7:21 PM

Big fan of your show.

Pack, I was a faithful listener on your show and ESPNU but it disappeared

Jun 12, 2019, 7:35 PM

What happened?

Jun 12, 2019, 9:46 PM

I appreciate your comments Mark. I love your show on SiriusXM and hope you become a mainstay on the ACC network. Either way, your honest and informative approach makes you one of the best at what you do and a breath of fresh air.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Packman !!!!!! War Southern Fried Football !

Jun 12, 2019, 10:39 PM

You cleared up a lot and I agree with you 100%. I have listened to the Fbaum for the last time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2019, 7:08 AM

I spent 20 years in the military, I have over 12 total deployments with 5 to Afghanistan. I have no problem with what he said, kinda funny actually because that’s exactly how it was while searching for UBL!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2019, 10:19 AM

W E L L, just put that tid-bit of information back out on your SiriusXM radio show so to clear the AIR from the same spot where Osama Bin Dabo line originated from and how long ago it was Aired, and hopefully justice will be done as in showing how desperate Paul Finebaum is, and how he will stir the ESPN chit pot of gossip to see how much stink he can generate on good people, as in a Dabo Swinney!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2019, 11:14 AM

And where did you go to school Pack? Your opinion is not surprising at all. P.S. I do like your show.

Is this real?***

Jun 13, 2019, 9:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic