Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only conveivable options for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,138

The only conveivable options for Clemson

May 15, 2012, 11:47 AM

That I see are staying in the ACC (which I think will be detrimental to Clemson athletics and assure coot dominance for a while) or joining with other ACC schools and bolting OR pretending to join with other ACC schools and bolting to force the SEC's hand. I just don't see Clemson or FSU going to the bigXII. I think those talks are a bunch of smoke and mirrors to try and pressure the SEC but with VT and NCState waiting in the wings I don't think the SEC will bite. I also don't think the SEC will take Clemson and FSU out of the goodness of their heart. I did at one time but I think the feathered tards down south and the gators would block it.

1. Clemson, FSU, Miami and GT should come to the table and figure out a "screw swofford and tobacco road" plan.

2. I think NCState would jump at the chance to join them in doing so.

3. If these teams were planning to bolt and create a new conference, VT wouldn't stay far behind.

4. Make a deal, however possible, to get Notre Dame football. With the announcement of the 4 team playoff, shouldn't take as much as once thought.

5. If ND is in, it's very possible Penn State would consider, especially to get into the southern recruiting market. And we all know Penn State needs all the help they can get in rebounding.

6. Pull back WVU (shouldn't be hard to do with the above lineup)

7. Pickup Rutgers, Lousiville and SFla. And now you've got a championship game and a conference full of football powers and a few fringe football schools all on the east coast.

If after those rumors go down, the SEC doesn't come calling for Clemson and FSU, you're still sitting in a better state than where the ACC is currently headed. The ACC and Big East would be forced to combine into a super basketball conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see conveiving is not your forte

May 15, 2012, 11:53 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I see conveiving is not your forte

May 15, 2012, 11:55 AM

No but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only conveivable options for Clemson

May 15, 2012, 11:55 AM

I dont think Clemson is going anywhere.

TDP and Barker are so scared to ruffle the feathers of the ACC because it is not the "political correct" thing to do.

Bear in mind, that the ACC doesnt give a rats ### about Clemson University.

they have us where they wants us.

The sad truth about everything is that the Clemson fans are always the last to know.

No updates by the administration.

Keep paying those IPTAY dollars. Thats all they want.

and by the way...how did the interview go with Swofford?

My point exactly!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC's ATH Dept Revenue was $22MM more than Clemson's in 2011

May 15, 2012, 12:48 PM

and after the SEC renegotiates it's contract the divide is only going to increase.

With SC and Florida blocking Clemson and FSU to the SEC the Big 12 is probably the only near term option.

Re: SC's ATH Dept Revenue was $22MM more than Clemson's in 2011

May 15, 2012, 1:16 PM

I think our best option is to make the ACC better in football or create another conference that is more football focused. (as it appears the ACC is becoming a basketball focused conference now)

If Clemson, FSU, Miami, GT, & VT were to leave the ACC; (in search of a better situation for their football programs) I would think they could attract schools like Penn State, Notre Dame, & West Virginia and the ACC/Big East could combine and make an elite basketball conference.

Creating an East Coast (football oriented) conference seems like Clemson's best option at the moment IMO. If Clemson stays in the ACC, the North Carolina schools will continue to make all the decisions. (even though the football programs generate the most money)

So what's to stop...

May 15, 2012, 1:59 PM

VT or NCSU from jumping ship and leaving this new conference high and dry when the SEC comes knocking on their doors???

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

LOL at this statement

May 15, 2012, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: SC's ATH Dept Revenue was $22MM more than Clemson's in 2011 ]

"it appears the ACC is becoming a basketball focused conference now"

ROLF !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

SC, UGA, & FLA were able to block because they comprised

May 15, 2012, 1:52 PM [ in reply to SC's ATH Dept Revenue was $22MM more than Clemson's in 2011 ]

25% of the conference, which is what is required to block. Now wit aTm and Mizzou, they do not make up 25% of the conf. fwiw

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or join the SEC

May 15, 2012, 12:59 PM

We should be part of that conference... I believe we will dominate.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Or join the SEC

May 15, 2012, 1:18 PM

Clemson, FSU, Miami and Ga. Tech should file a lawsuit against the SEC schools that are blocking the pursuit of joining the SEC immediately! The remaining schools as well as the NCAA should file a lawsuit against the SEC for allowing teams not in the southeast to become members! Texas A&M and Missouri are not and never have been noe will they EVER be in the southeast! If this is allowed to stay as it is then the SEC should be MADE to rename the conference! Which one of you lawyers wants to jump all over this and become rich and famous???

Re: Or join the SEC

May 15, 2012, 1:36 PM

And which law would said lawyer reference to make that happen? There's jurisdiction of courts in this issue nor has anyone or school been wronged. It's simply conference politics.

Tigersallin - that is funny.

May 15, 2012, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Or join the SEC ]

I know you are being sarcastic, but all the posters blaming FL, UGA and SC for not allowing FSU, GT or Clemson to join the SEC are not reading enough sports news. I have never seen it confirmed that these 3 schools have some sort of an agreement and if there is such an agreement then it is probably secondary to the fact people like LSU's president have said the SEC will not expand into states where they already have schools.

So, even if such an agreement actually exists I guess we would need to add LSU to the list of schools that need to have their vote changed as well as Kentucky because they surely don't want to see Louisville getting SEC money. That's 5 teams, or 1/3 of the SEC. So let's quit blaming SC, UF and UGA for blocking schools and instead focus on realistic solutions.

BTW, now that TAMU is a member then every school wishing to block an in state rival could threaten TAMU with adding Texas. So you would need to add TAMU to the growing list of schools who would vote against adding schools in their respective states.

I knew it was total BS as soon as I saw PSU in the mix...***

May 15, 2012, 4:55 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I knew it was total BS as soon as I saw PSU in the mix...***

May 15, 2012, 5:14 PM

If ND was in the mix, I don't see that as far fetched at all.

Of course you don't...I'm sure PSU will happily take the

May 15, 2012, 5:16 PM

paycut...

Re: Of course you don't...I'm sure PSU will happily take the

May 15, 2012, 5:32 PM

I'm not talking about PSU to ACC, I'm talking about PSU to PSU, ND, Clemson, FSU, Miami, GT, NCState, VT, Lousiville, WVU, South Florida and Rutgers.

That ESPN contract would be much greater than the ACC's.

Oh, my bad, I thought we were talking about reality...In

May 15, 2012, 5:39 PM

that case...Yes...I'm sure PSU would leave a conference making 19.7 million a year for the lucrative $ you will be able to secure for your made up conference...I'm sure the Presidents of several schools are already drooling about their entrance in the Make-Believe 12...

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,138
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic