Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 129
| visibility 151

Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events

May 29, 2020, 4:18 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/trevorlawrencee/status/1266456313493626883

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great perspective & wisdom from a young leader.***

May 29, 2020, 4:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great perspective & wisdom from a young leader.***

May 29, 2020, 4:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events

May 29, 2020, 4:43 PM

Wow. Well said. Well said.

May 29, 2020, 4:48 PM

Well said but nobody is trying to explain this away. There's been universal condemnation from every corner of the political spectrum, as well as other police departments across the country. Now there has been a differing of opinion on the necessity of burning down a bunch of people's businesses that had nothing to do with any of this but that's a different topic, unless you lack the mental capacity to differentiate between the two issues, which I am sure he does not.

May 29, 2020, 4:59 PM

thank you for explaining that.

Seems like Trevor is talking big picture.

May 29, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

You're talking about something that distracts from the big picture. You're talking about an outcome of the PROBLEM that Trevor is talking about. Which, I think misses the point.

Kaepernick kneels peacefully - people go up in arms. Actual rioting starts - people go up in arms. There's no winning sometimes.

The property destruction and fires were started by anarchist

May 29, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

arsonists, who are mostly white, and want to start a civil war. A lot of them marched at Charlottesville.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Source?***

May 29, 2020, 7:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The ones leaving Target with shopping carts of loot weren’t

May 29, 2020, 10:01 PM [ in reply to The property destruction and fires were started by anarchist ]

weren’t white, nor were the from out of town ... unless they plan to push those carts down the highway out of Minneapolis.

They were definitely African-American locals who saw an opportunity and took advantage of the situation to stock up on high-dollar electronics, etc.

The guy who died in olive custody is the furthest thing from their minds.

Antifa is definitely involved. Both that and what you said

May 29, 2020, 11:20 PM

can be true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ones leaving Target with shopping carts of loot weren’t

May 30, 2020, 5:50 AM [ in reply to The ones leaving Target with shopping carts of loot weren’t ]

U can clearly see more whites than blacks. How do you know for sure ppl arent from out of town, are you there? Blacks make up 12% of the us population btw...racism still high

Re: The property destruction and fires were started by anarchist

May 30, 2020, 12:49 AM [ in reply to The property destruction and fires were started by anarchist ]

Give me a $100 for every one that was white and I will give you a $100 for everyone that was not.

May 30, 2020, 12:50 AM

Wait that was backwards. lol

May 30, 2020, 12:50 AM [ in reply to Re: The property destruction and fires were started by anarchist ]

Wait that was backwards. lol

Check your heart***

May 29, 2020, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Well some folks are trying to explain it always

May 29, 2020, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

https://apple.news/Amb2q3GEgSPeV06MPjfAvzQ

May 29, 2020, 5:27 PM

Polar opposite of Trump and his supporters. I follow Trevor. He dislikes Trump. Hopefully his followers will still like him. They love Trump as their cult leader. Trevor is all heart and real, unlike Trump and his cult. It's an uphill battle for Trevor. He has a heart and soul. He will do great things.

May 29, 2020, 5:48 PM

Carlsbad® said:

Polar opposite of Trump and his supporters. I follow Trevor. He dislikes Trump. Hopefully his followers will still like him. They love Trump as their cult leader. Trevor is all heart and real, unlike Trump and his cult. It's an uphill battle for Trevor. He has a heart and soul. He will do great things.

I am a Trump supporter. I am no cult member, I can and do think for myself. I know that there are things about Pres. Trump many do not like, but there is so much more that his detractors support that flies against everything AMERICA was founded on. I also know that we have people in this country who are hateful, evil, and despise others just because they look different, believe different, or talk different. I can get along with anyone of any race as long as they treat me with the same respect as I treat them. I served with people of all religions, races and beliefs and called them brother and sister and would have died for almost all of them. There are bad people on every side, but the majority are good people.

I imagine you supported march at Charlottesville?***

May 29, 2020, 5:51 PM

May 29, 2020, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

You're a terrible human being. I am with Trevor.

You can't be with Trevor and Trump?***

May 29, 2020, 6:19 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't be with Trevor and Trump?***

May 29, 2020, 6:23 PM

Sure, but no good person would be. One has amazing morals as Trevor does and one is an atrocious human being as Trump is. One can be with both though. Sure. Definitely. I guess it depends on one's morals.

May 29, 2020, 9:33 PM

What makes you think/believe that Trevor has "amazing morals"? He might have, but he's still a child, and only time and experience will tell. And what does your concept of "morals" (a term which is debated endlessly in the history of philosophy) have to do with being a capable and effective president of the USA? Again, I'll refer to history - take JFK, for instance, and tell me about his "morals" and his family's thieving history... people are upset that Trump does not behave and speak like a "politician", and they don't know how to deal with that, especially the media. I don't particularly like the guy - I don't know him personally - but "liking a guy", or his "morals", has nothing to do with his ability to do his job.

Can't we all just get along? Haha...!!! God bless us all - and

Go Tigers!!!

Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at

May 29, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to You can't be with Trevor and Trump?*** ]

Charlottesville, "There are some fine people on both sides."

Re: Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at

May 29, 2020, 6:33 PM

I guess I understand that if you're a conservative then Trump is your guy and you support him. The thing I don't understand is how his evangelical base is willing to look past his obvious lack of a moral code. Dude even pretends to be a Christian and lies all the time. I personally think we could do better, not Hillary better either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would think that both parties could put forth better

May 29, 2020, 6:56 PM

candidates for sure.

May 29, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at ]

precisely - they are not christian. if they were truly a “christian” then they would know jesus would never abide by this. they will soon see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 30, 2020, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at ]

Yes, there is a point here. Do most real conservatives love Trump...no... has he been an effective leader, in spite of the obstacles place ahead of him...yes... does he say ridiculous things...yes... are we in a better position than we were prior to his term...yes...If you’re giving me a choice between Trump and a real conservative then we have an argument. Trump is a saint compared to these Biden, Hilary, Sanders, and Stalin characters.

May 30, 2020, 1:40 AM

Saint is a strong wrong. Maybe level of hell if you believe in such

I understand you have a different ideology than me

May 30, 2020, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at ]

which is fine.

But to call Trump a "saint" compared to just about anyone is lunacy.

I just imagine Jesus has a lot more in common with Bernie Sanders than Trump. I love to hear the argument where you think otherwise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well... you see. The difference is

May 30, 2020, 10:02 AM

Betwern the words give and take. Jesus said give to the poor. Bernie wants to take from ithers to give to the poor. Jesus was all about no political leader or government. Bernie is for huge government.

Crap, i dont know why i responded... you will think they way you do, i will think the way i do. Social media is a pointless place to have these discussions.

Re: Well... you see. The difference is

May 30, 2020, 10:25 AM

I agree with what you said, why debate it if we are not going to change each other's minds?

That being said, solid, respectful, mature debate is never a bad thing. I wish more people could pull it off.

Re: I understand you have a different ideology than me

Jun 1, 2020, 12:48 AM [ in reply to I understand you have a different ideology than me ]

As you can obviously see... I corrected myself...before your comment...and no he doesn’t. Jesus is a religious figure not a political figure... So maybe you are right, Sanders has been babbling for decades about some combo of ideas proven false combined with miraculous democracy= utopia just like everyone before him. Lenin the evil...elite...Stalin the evil elite(or Ukrainian farmer that wants his family to not starve)... Hitler and the evil Jews, Slavs, Chris, Poles, or who every the hell is next in shrinking markets racist ######## he was trying to sell next. Democracy until you say no, then..........there’s no need to repeat these mistakes...China, Cuba, Venezuela, literally all of Eastern Europe...

Jun 1, 2020, 1:33 AM

Not sure how CZECH auto corrected to Chris...

Jun 1, 2020, 1:51 AM

He or she or zee or whatever may be a good person, I’m not sure who he/she/X/Y/Z is but live long and prosper... or not...depending on your preference or whatever.

Jun 1, 2020, 1:56 AM

To be clear this is both a Gender-neutral Czech and a gender neutral Chris.

I really, really, really don’t care. Don’t get offended, just let me know.

May 30, 2020, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at ]

seek help

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

and he was right..some where there to protest

May 29, 2020, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Sorry, there is no moral equivalence! Just like at ]

the removal of statues and the neo nazis showed up and took it over..same with the counter protestors..good old antifa came there and too it over

Re: and he was right..some where there to protest

May 30, 2020, 8:08 AM

Trump was correct on that comment. There were people there only to peacefully protest the removal of the statue. Of course people will twist this comment to further their own agenda.

watch me***

May 29, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to You can't be with Trevor and Trump?*** ]

May 30, 2020, 9:12 AM [ in reply to You can't be with Trevor and Trump?*** ]

Hypocrites.

Jun 1, 2020, 5:08 PM

I would love for my grandsons to be like Trevor in every sense of the word. I would not ever like them to be like Trump. However, it is Trump's fiscal policies, policy on immigration,etc. that I support and right now the only thing that separates us from an even worse fate ........ the Democrats (of which I used to be).

May 29, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Trevor for President!!!!!

May 29, 2020, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

again, there is no cure for dumba$$

people are just dumb. that’s the problem.

Message was edited by: theclash®

May 29, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

I try to stay away from political discussions because everyone has an opinion and that is OK.

I preface this by saying I am a life long Republican. I have voted republican ever since I voted for Reagan in the first election in which I was eligible to vote for president. That being said,it is MHO that if anyone has stepped all over our constitution it is our current President. I still cannot understand that people who support someone who is a narcissist and who ultimately does not care what happens as long as he comes out on top. He seems to think he is a dictator and not a President. He constantly treads all over our system of checks and balances that are an integral part our Democratic system. A system that was put into place to prevent anyone from becoming a King or Dictator.

I cannot vote Democrat, just don't have it in me, but I will never cast a vote for the orange headed buffoon. Actually can't wait to see if his head explodes or he throws a temper tantrum like a spoiled brat if he is defeated.

Flame away, as I said everyone has an opinion and I needed to voice mine

you just described obama***

May 29, 2020, 9:17 PM

Way to deflect.***

May 29, 2020, 9:48 PM

Re: you just described obama***

May 29, 2020, 9:58 PM [ in reply to you just described obama*** ]

another juan

Re: you just described obama***

May 29, 2020, 10:27 PM [ in reply to you just described obama*** ]

You sir are an idiot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me know when he calls for an army of ~75,000...

May 29, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

as Lincoln did.

4 States left a wayward Union when Lincoln did so, Robert and many others carried with the Republics that did.

I respect opinions with reason, but reason is fleeting and recently, far too often, replaced by madness as is demonstrated by too many responses here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By “wayward” you mean opposed to slavery.***

May 29, 2020, 10:05 PM

No, not at all, maybe you should read for yourself...

May 29, 2020, 10:12 PM

Point taken

May 29, 2020, 10:28 PM

but those states seceded to preserve slavery.

No, they did not. They certainly used slavery in their

May 29, 2020, 10:38 PM

Articles of Divorce from the Constitution, because the Constitution guaranteed to protect those Rights and failed. Same way anyone would Divorce you legally, by providing a list against that contract.

They left because their sovereignty had been infringed, hindered and revoked in ways, period. Four of them, Virginia being one, which had voted to remain with the Union on April 4th, left because of Lincoln's illegal army and voted again on April 18th.

Buchanan was president for most of this and did nothing, because nothing those states did was against the Constitution.

That's truth, and after your initial response, you should question EVERYTHING you believe, because that was patently wrong. Don't be that guy.

Re: No, they did not. They certainly used slavery in their

May 29, 2020, 10:44 PM

The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution.[2]

Thanks for galvanizing my case, for identifying Lincoln's...

May 29, 2020, 10:48 PM

illegal army, and the FED's failure to enforce the Law of the Land.

That's so core to the reasons why States left the failed & wayward Union.

Southern states wanted the sovereignty to own slaves that is why they left.

May 29, 2020, 10:52 PM

You may think that is honorable, I do not. I’d continue this debate but I think it is a “Lost Cause”. Thanks for your time.

No, they wanted the sovereinty they were promised, first..

May 29, 2020, 10:59 PM

by the Articles of Confederation & Perpetual Union and then the Constitution. If you don't like what the Constitution promised take it up with the Constitution, not the States that left because the Constitution failed.

The war was about buildings. That worthless piece of human garbage, Lincoln, killed 800,000 over tariff offices and warehouses, you know, money and he clearly said so.

You deny his words all you want, it won't change the Nationalist piece of crap he was. He murdered people in the name of the Union, not slavery.

Re: No, they wanted the sovereinty they were promised, first..

May 29, 2020, 11:24 PM

Stick to bathroom humor and “comically” missssspelling words. Educating the world about historical significance is not your lane.

I'll hold deer the truth, you hold deer your emotional baggage.***

May 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

Re: I'll hold deer the truth, you hold deer your emotional baggage.***

May 30, 2020, 12:27 AM

You’re absolutely right I’m all up in my feeling about these extremely personal events of 160 years ago. My anachronistic mood swings are completely out of control. Just yesterday I spent half of the day weeping over how completely unappreciated and dissed Hannibal has been, and how his contributions in the 2nd Punic wars are so oft marginalized. Tomorrow I fear I may melt into a puddle of angst over the lack of credit Hammurabi is given in legal circles.

Thank you, of course I'm right, it's the truth.***

May 30, 2020, 12:31 AM

Re: No, they wanted the sovereinty they were promised, first..

May 29, 2020, 11:39 PM [ in reply to No, they wanted the sovereinty they were promised, first.. ]

Lol they wanted to keep slavery. You know how I know that? BECAUSE THEY SAID THAT WAS THE REASON THEMSELVES.

Of course they used the Constitution against itself...

May 29, 2020, 11:42 PM

which makes them much smarter than you and that Nationalist Lincoln who killed 800,000 over buildings.

Get over it, unless you're just too simple to do so? Which honestly, I know most of you are.

Re: Of course they used the Constitution against itself...

May 29, 2020, 11:51 PM

I’m sure Trump would be cool with it and do nothing at all if a few states decided to leave and start their own country. It’s pretty stupid to literally declare yourself as no longer part of a country and then argue that the country you left violated your constitutional rights with the way they respond.

Sorry, Trump didn't change the history of it, save with you.

May 29, 2020, 11:54 PM

That makes you emotionally encumbered and the garbage that accompanies it.

It's almost like you believe Lincoln stepped up to free the Negro, and he didn't...

It's OK to be wrong, you're used to it now, right?

Re: No, they did not. They certainly used slavery in their

May 29, 2020, 10:44 PM [ in reply to No, they did not. They certainly used slavery in their ]

The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution.[2]

Yes, they did.

May 30, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Point taken ]

There is no argument.

Just revisionist history for those who feel they are somehow responsible for the wrong actions of their ancestors.

No, they did not, and you're the revisionist...

May 30, 2020, 10:26 AM

and the biggest racist on this board. Maybe Obama will come back to Charleston and get all Havard, gospel again?

Haha, there was some hilarious truth.

Sorry to hurt your little feelings and make you lash out

May 30, 2020, 10:30 AM

with a personal attack like you've had too much coffee.

Again.

I see your true colors shining through. Again.

No princess, I have truth on my side & you've feels...***

May 30, 2020, 10:31 AM

precious as they are.

Calling me a woman is an insult in your book.

May 30, 2020, 10:32 AM

Keep the bigotry coming little fella.

No, calling your emotionally hindered stance out for its

May 30, 2020, 10:36 AM

lack of veracity is integrity of which you have none.

Now, if you want to continue crying for the people affected by your stupidity, have at it, nothing will get done save your tears.

You were set off like a rocket in your emotional reaction

May 30, 2020, 10:37 AM

to a statement of fact.

You are not your brother's keeper. You don't have to defend the evil.

No, I'm here to set the standard of truth, which I have...

May 30, 2020, 10:40 AM

you're here to hitch your emotional garbage to any wagon you can.

You're pathetic.

You have about 50 posts this morning rewriting history

May 30, 2020, 10:46 AM

to try to soothe yourself.

You may want to try some decaf until you can get your emotions under control and come to grips with what really happened.

No, & you should be charged strokes for all your unplayable

May 30, 2020, 10:59 AM

lies.

I do hope you have a beneficial cry, you need one.

Where'd you go, Bruh?

Jun 1, 2020, 12:30 PM

I see that your true colors were shining through for all the world to see. Evidently some didn't like what they saw.

LOL!

May 30, 2020, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

This is not an endorsement of any political party... just a call to love each other. Don’t be race-baited or class-baited by either side. Socialists and Racists are a ridiculous minority don’t let them control the narrative. Evaluate every situation based on its own merits.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Because of people like you America is a laughing stock these days .
If you are honest and want anybody but Trump as our President for the next 4 years.
You Sir are really stupid or just a low life that doesn’t care about working hard and being rewarded for it .

Trevor must have been born an "old soul" as he is wise

May 29, 2020, 5:45 PM

beyond his years. Thanks Trevor, proud of you.

THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK

May 29, 2020, 6:18 PM

Proud to say as a young man with so much public opinion around him and so many ready to talk about him he has decided to speak up for those that feel their voice is unheard. I hope more people with a platform can speak against hate and help bring unity among people who feel mistreated and unheard through moments of hardship and know they don't have to do anything irrational to be heard but know that as Americans or even just as people we all have a responsibility to be there for those that can't do it alone because you'd want the same if roles were reversed and something as simple as a tweet can really open the eyes and show someone who feels broken that there's those willing to help and take a stand against those guilty of wrongdoing.

I stand with Trevor and those who feel they can't do it alone. No need for violence no need for hatred and no need for a division among people especially with something that can be solved with just doing the right thing.

must be talking about bad hair***

May 29, 2020, 7:04 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 29, 2020, 7:30 PM

"Love must outweigh hate", says Lawrence. Appears to me I'm reading a lot of hate from both sides of the aisle and not one bit of love. Maybe every one of us should look in the mirror and re-read what Lawrence said.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2020, 12:42 AM

Well said, Joe!

May 30, 2020, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Well said, Joe!

May 30, 2020, 2:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Wise words, Joe.

And I hoped he was explaining the recent beat down by LSU.***

May 29, 2020, 9:05 PM

Re: And I hoped he was explaining the recent beat down by LSU.***

May 30, 2020, 6:57 AM

Seriously what kind of Tiger are you?

Maybe you're just trying to be funny but I personally think it's an a$$hole thing to say. Don't forget that Trevor could have gone anywhere in the country but came here and kicked ### for our team.

There is nothing in that Tweet that deserves your $hitty, unappreciative comment.

Now before you get your panties in a wad, I suggest you simply acknowledge your FU here and move on...I suspect, however, you will not.

This isn't football board material, and I've no doubt...

May 30, 2020, 9:54 AM

you'd be more comfortable where football isn't a thing; just another reason girls don't play the game.

Now, run along princess, worry about your thousand year plastics & not biodegradable orange goodness that is the balloon release.

If a sea turtle eats that, which they won't, then natural selection will better the breed and the world will be better for it.

So predicable

May 30, 2020, 9:58 AM

Take it 4chan or qanon would you?

If by "predicable", you mean I hate stupid, well then...

May 30, 2020, 10:09 AM

you're right.

Re: If by "predicable", you mean I hate stupid, well then...

May 30, 2020, 10:45 AM

Wow, so cutting. I guess I am stupid - arguing with someone who thinks so highly of himself.

Absolutely, Mr. 1000 Year Plastics and I don't need...

May 30, 2020, 11:01 AM

to think highly of myself to understand that you are.

It and you are simple, really. You do all the work.

May 29, 2020, 9:30 PM

I think we're way overdue for a Civil War. Kinda ready to either get rid of liberal or they get rid of conservatives. Kind of like that Top 5 matchup you've been wanting to see but they never play each other.

May 29, 2020, 10:22 PM

Another Civil War? Good heavens, I hope not, but unfortunately it's already occurring with politics instead of arms, across every segment of society. Advances in technology do that, i.e.: greater weapons, greater surveillance capabilities, better education, etc., and especially our current state of social media - which might, in future, actually end up being the end of us. And of course, the legal system is on top of it all, supporting whichever side gives them the most money. And we've become way too, too, tooo sentimental in our priorities. Just watch television these days. Dogs are way more important than children.... Sorry for another rant in the same thread, but what's the old saying lately - if it comes to a civil war, there's one side with a hundred million guns and a hundred billion rounds of ammunition, and another side who can't figure out which bathroom to use? I know which side I'm on. A country boy can survive....

Go Tigers!!!

May 29, 2020, 11:43 PM

Yep, 100% of conservatives own guns and 0% of liberals do.

May 29, 2020, 9:51 PM

I acturally think deep-rooted economic inequality in nowaday US society is contributing to today's event more than anything else.

So instead of debating who takes the moral high ground, why not try to balance the widening economic inequality and most the social issues will be consequently solved.

May 29, 2020, 9:54 PM

By the way, I'm a huge fan of TL and absolutely support his heartfelt massage.

May 29, 2020, 10:47 PM

I need a massage after reading this thread.

I wonder what would happen

May 29, 2020, 10:49 PM

if Trevor took a knee ?

To end a game would make sense...***

May 29, 2020, 11:20 PM

May 30, 2020, 12:10 AM

Hey, if I walked a mile in their shoes tonight I would have a pair of Jordan's that cost more than the child support not being paid and I could steal $30 dollars worth of free crap from the Dollar Store I just looted.

Ah, those peace loving liberals.

Too bad last year when the white child was thrown from the 3rd floor at a mall by a black man who hated whitey, it didn't instill this same kind of peace and love. Those stories go on and on, yet crickets from those whose narrative it interrupts

May 30, 2020, 12:21 AM

Rise above. Don’t try to pander to the racists on either side. 99% of Americans aren’t racists. The Socialists and fascists are a ridiculous minority and for some reason they are allowed to subtlety control the narrative. One side race bates then the other... then one side class bates...and the cycle continues.

May 30, 2020, 1:00 AM

Props to Trevor for condemning systemic racism in this country.

This young man has his head screwed on and sees things a lot clearer than some of us who are much older and would never admit what he says is true.

I have hope his generation will change things.

May 30, 2020, 2:34 AM

SYSTEMATIC RACISM? What a freaking joke

Trevor posted exactly what 99% of the other folks in a liberal college have probably posted . His just gets more attention.

We live in the greatest country on earth, you can walk into any hospital and get free medical care and essentially never pay a dime if u wish not too. If you make poor decisions and start a family before you should, we'll pay for you and your childs food. Oh your poor, here's government housing. Your a minority and need help with college, here's some scholarships available only to you, the minority. On and on and on.

Yet, you feel mistreated and the world is against you huh. Quite being a victim and feeling like everyone in the country owes you something and perhaps you'll realize most people really dont pay that much attention to your skin color and care more about what kind of person u are

May 30, 2020, 2:47 AM

Sir, you are totally clueless and exemplify a part of the problem.

I did not say or imply I've been mistreated. I am blessed far beyond what I deserve, give God all the glory and lack for nothing. I don't feel anybody owes me anything. Far from it. Nobody but the Lord and my parents have given me anything.

Yes indeed, this is the greatest country on earth. Every time I return from flying overseas, I want to kiss the ground after landing at IAH.

But, there are a lot of things wrong here whether you admit it or not. You need to get out and meet people who are not treated equally. It would be a good education for you.

May 30, 2020, 3:25 AM

The truth is there’s not systematic racism. That’s the sticking point. Nothing is perfect, you call out SPECIFIC cases of racism and demand actual justice based on laws that exist and have existed for decades be followed. Being reactionary in either direction is counter productive. A racist that says all black people are troublemakers is just as evil as a racist that says all white people want to keep black people down.

May 30, 2020, 6:26 AM

Not to be glib, but it honestly seems you don't have many black friends. They are absolutely treated differently by majority of police officers for example. If you don't believe this then seriously get to know a black friend or two and just ask.

I am sincerely not trying to wind you up. I know it may sound cliche but my best friend growing up was black. His father who was an engineering major was only allowed to go to a black college. He was absolute terrified of the police even though he is a solid guy from a good family.

Now, not conflate the looting issue with this but I don't like that either. Just don't sit here and pretend there isn't real racism in America and it's still a problem. That would be easy for you to say.

May 30, 2020, 8:18 AM

Thank you.

Legislation doesn't solve deep, long term, societal problems. Relationships, discussion, empathy and understanding do.

May 30, 2020, 10:27 AM

Yeah I agree. It saddens me to see what is happening in America these days. We are better than this...what a crazy year.

Jun 1, 2020, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Legislation is done. Laws have been done for decades. You are right, relationships matter and pretending that there is some kind of systematic racism(or systematic crime or whatever) happening is counter productive.

Officers are just people that want to do their job(uphold the law) and go home to their families...someone is hostile(wether or not they committed a crime)...they are on edge...they reciprocate a guarded/hostile act based on the severity of the suspect’s action...it seems most of these actions could be resolved, and are overwhelmingly resolved by people being responsible. These unreasonable interactions are extremely rare And should be treated as such and investigated. Those involved should be held accountable. Rioting is just the ignorant masses following their favorite Butt model, 300 lb tactical trainer, rapper, or socialist.

Jun 1, 2020, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

No, I’m in the military... so my “friend set” is literally turned upside down and reset every 2-4 years. I deal with people from all over the country at all stages of life. I’ve had to deal with 18 year olds who have never been in the woods over night and the first time they’ve been behind the wheel is a 113... which is crazy... get them on a soft skin first, bit I digress...telling one of my peers he is inferior, privileged, or disadvantaged based on the shade of his skin might actually be met with laughter...but there is that whole 1% thing...not the 1% with the cash... the 1% willing to serve.

I will acknowledge that you do actually have to pass a test and there is a % that can’t... don’t let those influence you in either direction. They’re the ones driving narratives on both sides.

Jun 1, 2020, 3:43 AM

Jun 1, 2020, 3:53 AM

Cliff notes on the first month I’m so glad it saved it when I logged back in. Stream of I continuousness, apologize for grammar and spelling. Some combo of pissed off and intoxicated

Jun 1, 2020, 4:05 AM

And... I guess I never actually told a story... just two dudes thrown into some #### in an 8x8 office. Dealing great American heroes and ####### idiots.

Jun 1, 2020, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

The sad thing is there will always be racism until Jesus Christ sets up His kingdom on earth. The fact is that slavery started in Africa by black men.

May 30, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Well, Outlaw, we can see what kind of person YOU are.

Well said, outlaw1081

May 30, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Well said

May 30, 2020, 2:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

SYSTEMATIC RACISM? What a freaking joke

Trevor posted exactly what 99% of the other folks in a liberal college have probably posted . His just gets more attention.

We live in the greatest country on earth, you can walk into any hospital and get free medical care and essentially never pay a dime if u wish not too. If you make poor decisions and start a family before you should, we'll pay for you and your childs food. Oh your poor, here's government housing. Your a minority and need help with college, here's some scholarships available only to you, the minority. On and on and on.

Yet, you feel mistreated and the world is against you huh. Quite being a victim and feeling like everyone in the country owes you something and perhaps you'll realize most people really dont pay that much attention to your skin color and care more about what kind of person u are

I don't think Trevor's tweet went the way

May 30, 2020, 7:05 AM

He had hoped. Then again, he was simply expressing a personal view.

But in typical 'new normal' Tiger-nation fashion, lines are drawn and 'good (self-perception)' tries to out-yell 'bad (same self-perception)'.

None of us are as good or bad as the other thinks, but...listening takes practice/development...like learning to hold one's breath so that listening can happen. And then, training to hold the heaviest weight of all...the tongue...well, that's training few show an inclination to develop.

Gonna be a long summer...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said outlaw1081

May 30, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events ]

Well said.

Brain dead wacko liberals are utterly clueless

LEGEND***

May 30, 2020, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

TWO huge issues here

May 30, 2020, 1:29 PM

Re: Trevor Lawrence tweet about current events [3]
Posted: May 29, 2020 8:49 PM
I try to stay away from political discussions because everyone has an opinion and that is OK.

I preface this by saying I am a life long Republican. I have voted republican ever since I voted for Reagan in the first election in which I was eligible to vote for president. That being said,it is MHO that if anyone has stepped all over our constitution it is our current President. I still cannot understand that people who support someone who is a narcissist and who ultimately does not care what happens as long as he comes out on top. He seems to think he is a dictator and not a President. He constantly treads all over our system of checks and balances that are an integral part our Democratic system. A system that was put into place to prevent anyone from becoming a King or Dictator.

I cannot vote Democrat, just don't have it in me, but I will never cast a vote for the orange headed buffoon. Actually can't wait to see if his head explodes or he throws a temper tantrum like a spoiled brat if he is defeated.

Flame away, as I said everyone has an opinion and I needed to voice mine

One is the racial injustice. Yes blacks get stronger sentences than whites for the same crimes. We need, IMHO, to work on this issue.

The other issue is 'PEACEFUL" demonstrations. Our elected officials have a responsibility to protect property, and to keep the lawful assemblies/demonstrations peaceful.

TL and JBurrow have spoken up for the rights of and injustices against black folks. Nothing wrong with that, is a good thing. Just hope they don't speak in favor of the destruction of property we are witnessing. At thatpoint they lose me.

Agree with the quoted above. Have never voted for a Dem for POTUS, and have been voting for over 60 yrs. Trump is the only thing between US and socialism but he is a sad #### I can't support.

Since W showed US how stupid does I have voted for a minor party for POTUS; refuse to fail to exercise my right to vote but refuse to vote for the terrible choices we get from the 2 major parties.

Re: TWO huge issues here

May 30, 2020, 3:09 PM

So it turns out I finally have something in common with you.

I've been an independent my entire life but voted like a Republican until W ran for re-election in 2004. I thoughtfully did not vote for either major candidate.

The Republican party went off the rails ~15 years ago. The last 4 years it has lived in the trash can by enabling, encouraging and mimicking a racist criminal in the White House. On the other hand, I clearly cannot and never will support the Dems for a mountain of reasons.

Voting for the "lesser of two evils" will always remain an option, but I can't see myself ever voting for one of the major parties at the presidential level ever again.

Wish I was more hopeful. Will continue praying for our country.

Jun 1, 2020, 5:53 AM

If Trump is a racist he really stinks at it.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: TWO huge issues here ]

Yes, I agree that the choice between Biden and Trump is a sad one. I support quite a few of Trump's policies such as attempting to restrict illegal immigration, having our allies pony up more for our military protecting them, leaning on China to engage in trade in a more equitable fashion, attempting to talk with North Korea, lifting regulatory burdens that had stifled business, and appointing judges who judge and don't legislate from the bench. Having said that, Trump acts like a petulant child. He is unbelievably thin skinned. Seemingly, everything is about him. Instead of trying to lower tensions, he appears to relish stirring things up further. He has not expanded his base or it would appear, even attempted to do so.He spouts off nonsense on Twitter about his medical theories concerning Covid-19.In fairness, the so called experts have been wrong on so many points that their credibility is lacking too.

Biden was in the Senate for many years. I am not aware of any major legislation that he personally spearheaded, but could be wrong there. He has misrepresented, ahem, lied about his law school performance, and a litany of other activities. He wants us to believe that his son Hunter's compensation from Ukraine and China was above board. Obviously, this was an effort to buy influence with VP Biden. Biden bragged about essentially bribing Ukraine to fire the prosecutor looking into Burisma. Biden has great difficulty in stringing together an even remotely coherent group of sentences. I have personally witnessed the decline in the mental acuity of elderly family members. Biden is a rerun of that sad memory. A vote for Biden is a vote for his VP choice for president as I suspect he will be hard pressed to function effectively for 4 years and certainly not 8. He is pandering with his VP choice by declaring that individual will be a woman and will be pressured to now choose a woman of color. It may be that the best VP candidate for Biden is both of those things, but why box oneself in?

I voted for the Conservative Party candidate in 2016. I will not vote for Biden. Trump is making it very hard for me to contemplate voting for him either. However, it appears Biden is going all in with the Progressive agenda from reading some of his policy considerations today. He is abandoning his more moderate positions to apparently appease the Bernie Bros and buy votes by offering more free stuff.

We are in a hell of a mess. Our politicians have to start listening to each other and restore some civility to Congress.

What Trevor said seems totally fine to me. George Floyd should be alive. What the cop did was inexcusable -period. Floyd was cuffed and surrounded by multiple other police. I suspect Derek Chauvin was pissed over something said or done by Floyd, but that's just a guess. However, absolutely nothing justified what transpired. Period.

Peaceful protest is fine. That is as American as apple pie. However, attacking police, arson, vandalism, and looting should in my opinion be dealt with very harshly. Police abandoning a precinct station and then having it burned down should never have happened. The governor of MN was correct in labeling the response of the Minneapolis local authority as 'an abject failure."

We need more dialog, not less. Trevor Lawrence's opinion on George Floyd's death to me is fine. I agree with him. I am a conservative, but I think I am fair minded. Trump was not a conservative and I'm still not sure what he now is. Again, his policies have been far better than what I have expected from him, but his messaging has been far worse than I expected. I mistakingly thought the job would evoke more thoughtfulness from him.

It is fine to support those angry over what has happened to George Floyd and to others, although each case is different. Michael Brown is not a hero. His actions directly placed him on his path to a police shooting. It is also fine to be angry over watching the destruction going on in our cities. The lawlessness must be confronted while keeping the rhetoric about that need toned down.

I agree. We need to pray for our country.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 12:49 PM

well said my friend.

disliking Trump is different from disagreeing with the policies i do believe in.

bad trade deals - pushing manufacturing jobs out of the USA - thus taking our manufacturing base away.
Bad trade deals causing USA to be dependent on China and others.
Illegal immigration. What is wrong with doing it legally? Look out for citizens first.

I support these - and know without a doubt that DEMS do not.

It has become - more giveaways, income redistribution, socialism, people not being held accountable - or do i listen to Trump act like an #### and do some real reform? Pelosi? Shumer? Schiff? Biden on his best day was poor and now has lost a few marbles. So - if you vote for Biden - you better look at the VP as Biden may be removed due to mental capability.

I would prefer Nikki and Crenshaw from Texas.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:23 PM [ in reply to TWO huge issues here ]

How hard did you try not to post this? ?????

Replies: 129
| visibility 151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic