Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney talks Boyd and short-yardage, discusses injuries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,988

Front Page Story: Swinney talks Boyd and short-yardage, discusses injuries

Oct 2, 2013, 8:48 PM

Swinney talks Boyd and short-yardage, discusses injuries

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Wednesday that the Clemson offense will continue to use quarterback Tajh Boyd in short-yardage situations. Also, will Rod McDowell play Saturday? What other three players won't make the trip? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What happened to all the talk earlier about using FB more?

Oct 2, 2013, 9:49 PM

Darrell Smith is the only FB listed on roster & I don't remember him even being on the field yet.

Then you haven't been watching closely enough.

Oct 2, 2013, 9:58 PM

He's been used mostly at TE since we don't really use a pure FB- few teams do anymore. He only played 12 snaps against Wake, but he has been in for 97 plays this season, second only to Seckinger (127) among TEs. Since Cooper came back from injury, he's played 73 snaps, so Smith's PT has really diminished in the last two weeks. See link:
http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2013/oct/02/last-time-out-who-got-snaps-against-wake-forest/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: Then you haven't been watching closely enough.

Oct 3, 2013, 8:01 AM

I recall seeing him in the backfield in the pistol formation a fair amount. He's used mostly as a blocker though, whether at TE or in the backfield.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been waiting for this and now's the time

Oct 3, 2013, 8:15 AM

B/c I thought the same thing. Boyd is used a lot like Tebow, and I can see the point of this from all angles. But there is one glaring omission, and I would do a back flip if I saw them run this Tebow play: One time on goal-to-go I saw Tebow fake the run with a little Plunge Fake, then lifted up and dumped a pass over the unsuspecting defense to a wide-open tight-end. This will work perfectly at the right moment in a tough game against a tough defense. It probably won't even be needed against the weak defenses, though.

Agreed, the jump pass at the right moment

Oct 3, 2013, 8:35 AM

would be awesome and unprecedented by TB#10. I know there will be situations where this opportunity will present itself (at USuC). Hopefully coach Morris has this in the play book.

You only saw this once?

Oct 3, 2013, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I've been waiting for this and now's the time ]

Did you not have cable when Tebow played?

Or Boyd could just run for 1 yard and a TD

Oct 3, 2013, 12:14 PM [ in reply to I've been waiting for this and now's the time ]

Which is what he always does. Why make things complicated?

The ole' jump pass.***

Oct 3, 2013, 8:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic