»
Topic: My main concern for the Fiesta Bowl:
Replies: 8   Last Post: Dec 7, 2016 7:56 PM by: tlever
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

My main concern for the Fiesta Bowl:

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:12 PM

Our strength is offense. Ohio State's strength is defense. When we have a long layoff like this, I always worry about the offense being able to pick up where they left off. Our offense was clicking and in a groove when season ended, and has been since the end of the NC State game. Frankly, they moved pretty well for the State game, but just turned it over in the red zone. Anyway, I worry about the qb-receiver timing and if that is for both teams, it will be most hurtful to us as that is what our main weapon will be.

We didn't miss a beat last year vs Oklahoma,, or the year before vs Oklahoma, or the year before that vs Ohio State, but it is always a concern.

Re: My main concern for the Fiesta Bowl:

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:15 PM

This staff seems to put together great gameplans with longer layovers

...and they do a good job with schedule management

Offense will be solid

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 7:42 PM

They look very good after layoffs. Oklahoma wanted the clock to run out they were beaten so bad.

The offense did show rust against OU in the beginning and

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:43 PM

will probably be somewhat rusty starting off with OSU, but they'll get it going soon enough to take the Buckeyes.

The past is the best predictor of the future

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:46 PM

I think you answered your own question:

We didn't miss a beat last year vs Oklahoma,, or the year before vs Oklahoma, or the year before that vs Ohio State, but it is always a concern.

[1]
Posted: Dec 7, 2016 7:15 PM

Our OCs are great qt gameplaning. I worry about how we will do when Ohio St adjust. We are going to need some good play calling in the second and fourth quarters. I know our boys will execute. DW will lead us fo victory I just hope our D can get some big sacks and tfls. Put them in 3rd and long and we are set. I think our D is going to be dominant. It will not be easy but we can win by double digits. Ohio St is very good but I believe we are the best team in the nation.

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 7:25 PM

Our OCs have a golden opportunity to put some new looks into the game plan.
You can can count on Meyer and his staff will have the team coached up on our bread and butter.
We have been pretty simple this season with a few new looks being shown the last few games.
Like the little fake run by DW then throwing the screen, we scored our last TD with that play Sat.
I certainly hope they flip the s cript a little and not be so predictable.
Not complaining because for the most part it's worked but this is for the NC.
I believe we will come out on fire with some stuff we haven't seen much of this season.

Message was edited by: badb®

X Factor

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 7:56 PM

DW4, glad we have him.

Still think this game is a 50/50 toss up. Just hope our offense has the ball the last drive.

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 7:43 PM

No concerns for the fiesta but I see my fellow tnetters are worried about Wyoming in 2021. Geez

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: I have 4 tickets in Section 502 purchased through Iptay for sale for the South Carolina game. Paid ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2407 people have read this post