Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The national narrative drives me crazy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,629

The national narrative drives me crazy

Dec 1, 2015, 8:03 AM

For the last two days I have heard how we "got by", "snuck by" and survived against USUC WIT A 5 point win.

Then we here how BAMA ROLLED.

Bama scored a TD with 26 seconds left to win by 16. USC scored 7 to cut a 12 point lead to 5 in the last second of the game.

Meaningless tds are setting the stage for the rankings and opinions.

Total BS!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The national narrative drives me crazy

Dec 1, 2015, 8:05 AM

I love it. If our guys will play p issed in the next 3 games we bring home the hardware. If we go through the motions we lose one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: The national narrative drives me crazy

Dec 1, 2015, 8:06 AM

It's not a "national" narrative, it is an ESPN narrative. Protecting their investment. Plant the channels with SEC shills like Finebaum.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was impressed by someone on Championship Drive yesterday

Dec 1, 2015, 8:10 AM

Said what we've all been saying. "Alabama and Clemson played very similar games against their rivals. Alabama scored a touchdown in garbage time that didn't matter and Clemson gave up a touchdown in garbage time that didn't matter."

Thus far the Committee has established....

Dec 1, 2015, 8:11 AM

that they are too smart to be influenced by the rhetoric from the ESecPN propaganda machine.

Hopefully that continues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

FWIW we'd still be #1 in the BCS. Interested to see if the

Dec 1, 2015, 8:14 AM

rankings tonight stay the same at the top.

I'm OK if the Committee moves Alabama to No. 1....

Dec 1, 2015, 8:19 AM

The winner of the Michigan State/Iowa game is likely going to move up to the No. 3 spot dropping Oklahoma to No. 4. I'd rather Alabama face Oklahoma in the first round than us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree 100% Oklahoma is kind of a wildcard in the playoffs

Dec 1, 2015, 8:31 AM

with a running QB who throws well and runs a lot better than the QB's we've struggled against lately. Give me Iowa or MSU in the semi finals because I think our defense will contain them both and our offense will make enough plays. Then we will wait and see which team we would get in the finals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

well, somewhat...they do have Bama ranked 2nd

Dec 1, 2015, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Thus far the Committee has established.... ]

in spite beating no one that will be in the top 20 this week, and losing at home to a middling team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No they aren't.

Dec 1, 2015, 8:18 AM

Check the polls. None of the voters pay any attention to ESPiN anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't worry. We're at a point now where margins of

Dec 1, 2015, 8:57 AM

victory don't matter. We beat every team the next 3 games by 1 point and we have a NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately ESPN has more Heisman voters than any other

Dec 1, 2015, 12:55 PM

single organization.

But Yes, the playoff committee definitely does not.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,629
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic