Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The moment in yesterday's game . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,487

The moment in yesterday's game . . .

Dec 1, 2019, 11:58 AM

when I knew positively, without any doubt, the coots would not post any threat for a rally . . .

They took the ball on their own 3 yd line and marched down the field, towards their "Student End Zone" . . . They were down 14-0 . . .

Around the 25 yard line the drive faultered a bit . . . It was 3rd and 9 yards to go for a first down

"Mustdump" called a timeout to get the play call correct . . . It was crucial!!! . . . A TD cuts the lead to 7 points and invigorates the crowd and gives hope to their players . . .

After a 3 minute TV Timeout . . . "Mustdump" had the call in hand . . . The call that would change the game!!!

With the ball in the left hash . . . Helinski hands off to Feaster, who centers the ball between the hashes for a straight on field goal attempt!!!

Seriously??? . . . You call a timeout to run the ball between the right guard and tackle, virtually downing the ball for a field goal try??? You needed 9 yards to sustain the drive and you run the ball into our defensive front???

They had given up and played to NOT GET SHUT OUT!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The moment in yesterday's game . . .

Dec 1, 2019, 12:02 PM

Which is more pathetic?:
getting shut out
or
bowing down in total submission and showing your butt by kicking a pointless field goal just so you and your loser fans can crow “at least we didn’t get shut out”?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I can vaguely understand that call

Dec 1, 2019, 12:04 PM

For a few reasons:
1) The run on 3rd and long worked earlier in that drive
2) At 3rd and 9 the play gives them the chance to pick up 4 or 5 and give them a potentially manageable 4th down.
3) A drop back with our pressure may likely lead to a sack and a much less likely FG opportunity

So yeah, I was with you that around that point I knew we were fine, but mine was more because we had shown we could move the ball against them fairly easily and had shown that they needed gadget plays to move the ball very well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

t_t - had they gained 5 yards "off tackle" . . .

Dec 1, 2019, 12:24 PM

Do you honestly think he would have gone for it on 4th and 4???

No dammm way . . .

You've got to try to win the game . . . or just give up . . . which they did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh, maybe

Dec 1, 2019, 1:51 PM

Not saying they definitely would have, but I can see that outcome coming into play during the calculation of what play to call.

I don't think they had given up at that point. But I do think they were feeling the weight of the momentum beginning to roll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Xactly what I said to the wife at the time...Avoiding the 0.***

Dec 1, 2019, 12:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, the play was the opening kickoff. ??***

Dec 1, 2019, 12:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For me, the play was the opening kickoff. ??***

Dec 1, 2019, 12:14 PM

... and colberttiger wins the square! ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Opening Kickoff . . .

Dec 1, 2019, 12:18 PM [ in reply to For me, the play was the opening kickoff. ??*** ]

Was nice seeing ETN in that roll!!! It's been a while since we've seen him return a kick!!!

When Muss ran that up the middle , I said to Mrs. Spud...

Dec 1, 2019, 3:37 PM

"Dang, he played for the field goal"....He probably knew he wasn't
going to cross the fifty again....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The moment in yesterday's game . . .

Dec 1, 2019, 7:14 PM

I think we saw everything they had with the fake hand off, throw to the TE.....

Musky was taken to pre-k once again...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,487
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic