Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The mandate was clear: NCAA Tournament or Bust
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,213

The mandate was clear: NCAA Tournament or Bust

Mar 5, 2020, 8:36 AM

IDC if Brad beats the 96 Bulls, if we dont make the NCAA Tournament this year, he DESERVES to be fired.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The mandate was clear: NCAA Tournament or Bust

Mar 5, 2020, 9:23 AM

I'm not a Brownell pumper but your statement is just simply not true.

At no point in the lead up to this season did anybody expect this team to make the NCAA tournament.

Clemson was picked in the bottom 5 of the conference preseason.

Clemson started the season with 1 returning dependable player in the lineup.

I will listen if you say NEXT year is NCAA tournament or bust, but that was certainly not the case entering this season.

If I had a quarter for every time I've heard "wait till next year"....***

Mar 5, 2020, 9:25 AM

Re: If I had a quarter for every time I've heard "wait till next year"....***

Mar 5, 2020, 9:50 AM

I'm not saying wait until next year, but pretending that entering this season was an NCAA or bust season for Brownell is revisionist history.

I could even understand if you had sad, "this is what happens when a coach misses the NCAAT in a tourney or bust season and then you let him come back with a worse roster".

That is much more accurate than saying this season was "do or die" for Brownell.

Putting Year One aside, since that was with Purnell's

Mar 5, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The mandate was clear: NCAA Tournament or Bust ]

players, let's analyze what you just said. If the BB team makes the NCAA tournament next year, are you really saying that all will be well, with us making the tourney 2 out of 10 years? That is patently unacceptable at a Power 5 school with the available resources we have. Especially now, with the dilution of overall talent in the ACC, we should be able to compete for the league title and get to the Big Dance on a regular basis. And by that, I mean at least every other year. Just like Dabo said in football, the only reason it hasn't happened is because you haven't dared to dream it yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many more "next years" do you get?***

Mar 5, 2020, 9:35 AM

Unfortunately, it appears at least one more. And then, since

Mar 5, 2020, 9:52 AM

the new players will be imprinted with his coaching, it will take several years for whoever ultimately replaces BB to make a positive impact. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Putting Year One aside, since that was with Purnell's

Mar 5, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Putting Year One aside, since that was with Purnell's ]

Well to answer your question: if we make the tournament next season then it would be making 2 out of the last 4 tournaments, which meets your request of every other year.

I had a big issue with not making the tournament last season with a veteran roster coming off of a Sweet 16.

I'm not saying wait until next year, but if Brownell didn't get let go after missing the tournament in '19, then he shouldn't be fired after this season because his team outperformed preseason expectations and then faltered down the stretch while trying to work their way into the tournament.

Mar 5, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: The mandate was clear: NCAA Tournament or Bust ]

Exceeding low expectations isn’t an accomplishment

I expected them to.***

Mar 5, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: The mandate was clear: NCAA Tournament or Bust ]

Re: I expected them to.***

Mar 5, 2020, 10:02 AM

If you thought this team was headed for the NCAA tournament prior to game 1, then you received some bad information on this team.

If you were hopeful and are now disappointed, then you are a typical fan.

Expecting and hoping are very different things.

Mar 5, 2020, 10:12 AM

I have feel like I have been possessed by Judge Keller, but we were never supposed to make the tournament this year. Where did you get that mandate? This was supposed to be an even worse year than the average years we normally have.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic