Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the exception of getting beat by Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,604

With the exception of getting beat by Pitt

Nov 28, 2018, 5:08 AM

I think Clemson plays ND. Here's why. If GA beats Bama, it's Clemson-#1, GA-#2, BAMA-#3 and ND drops to #4 without a conference championship game. I believe with a win against Pitt three teams are a lock! Clemson, Bama (win or lose) and ND.

Bama wins and it's Bama, Clemson, ND and .......

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No chance

Nov 28, 2018, 5:13 AM

You can't punish ND for not playing if you rewarded Alabama for not playing last year. If Oklahoma and Ohio State win by 50, they have a stronger argument for being included instead of Alabama. A top 4 team is not tied with The Citadel at halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ya Owensb01 but

Nov 28, 2018, 5:19 AM

there's no way in heck they're going to keep Bama and Tua out of it.

The precedent was set last year letting Bama in by not playing- ND still gets in they just drop a spot with a GA win.

Yeah, I know.

Nov 28, 2018, 5:21 AM

I just can't see them giving Bama and UGA a rematch in the semis. I hope they do, but highly doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Georgia had LSU's defense

Nov 28, 2018, 5:48 AM

They'd have a shot against Bama. They don't...so, they won't.

The real mess comes if OU and tOSU have resounding wins. It won't matter if the Dawgs lose close...it's still two 'Ls'. Naturally, the Sooners will be bashed for their defense; however, I'm not sure it's any worse than the Buckeyes. On the contrary, I think it's more how dynamic Big 12 offenses are versus the B1G. The Big 12 versus the B1G reminds me of Clemson vs Nebraska in '81...and we know how that went down. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you Owen, that won't happen. The committee

Nov 28, 2018, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Yeah, I know. ]

is certainly not above juggling the matchups. What should happen is...if Bama loses, they are out unless OK and OhSt both lose. They should not get in over a one loss conference champ!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No chance

Nov 28, 2018, 7:32 AM [ in reply to No chance ]

Remember the Citadel field goal that had to be kicked over due to time out called. If it had counted Bama would have been behind at the half.

The loser of the UGA - BAMA game should be out!

Nov 28, 2018, 6:43 AM

Otherwise, the committee is saying "that game doesn't count." Give me a break! How many times do they need to play before the loser is eliminated? Yeah, I know... the SEC-- it just means more... Argh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The loser of the UGA - BAMA game - Not so fast friend

Nov 28, 2018, 7:45 AM

If the Daawgs lose, they're out - unless OK loses to TEX for the 2nd time (doubt it, but maybe); and OHST loses to NW'ern?? Not likely, but if anyone can blow a game it's Urban & the boys.

Win or lose - even a 49-7 loss by Bama, I'll bet Bama stays in @ #4. But who thinks Bama's going to lose - or lose BAD to UhGah? Really, a close loss by Bama sets them up perfectly for a rematch in semis...Saban would obviously crush GA in a rematch.

And - we're assuming CU beats Pitt - and we should. A CU loss would be the most shocking of any loss in college football this year!

Of Pitt's 5 losses in '18, 4 are pretty terrible: 6-51 (PennST); 14-45 (UCF); 35-38 (UNC!!); & last week - 3-24 (Miami).

Tigers are likely to MORE than cover the huge spread.

The loser of the UGA - BAMA game WILL be out!***

Nov 28, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to The loser of the UGA - BAMA game should be out! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We'll play whomever TV wants us to play.***

Nov 28, 2018, 7:28 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic