Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The long awaited 2014 RH Tig Recruiting Wrap Up is HERE.
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

The long awaited 2014 RH Tig Recruiting Wrap Up is HERE.

Feb 6, 2014, 11:51 AM

RH Tig’s Amazingly Accurate And Deeply Insightful 2014 Clemson Football Recruiting Round-Up

Another year has quickly passed us by, and once again, we find ourselves standing by our computers and other digital information-rendering devices in hopes of catching a glimpse of the future of Clemson football. And, once again, I appreciate that each of you has decided to trust the luminous acumen and infinite savvy contained within the 2014 edition of The RH Tig Recruiting Roundup, brought to you by RH Tig, Tigernet’s premier anonymous internet college football recruiting expert, and sponsored by The RH Tig College Football Recruiting Newsletter, one of the few true bargains left in America today for the low, low price of just $49.99 per week. Remember…If you haven’t yet subscribed to the RH Tig College Football Recruiting Newsletter at its low, low bargain subscription rate, then you’re just wandering through the darkness of the college football recruiting landscape without a flashlight.

Deshaun Watson
There is little doubt that the crown jewel of the 2014 class is Watson, considered by any recruiting service worth its’ license to practice college football recruiting analysis to be the number one dual threat quarterback in the nation, and probably the world. And, he probably has even more threats, but those of us in the recruiting industry really only track two threats for some reason, so there you have it. Watson is the shifty, elusively mobile, and untackleable runner that offensive coordinator Chad Morris looks for in his QBs, coupled with an arm so powerful and so accurate, that he could throw a raisin into fluted stadium cup from at least 100 yards away. Watson is such an amazing a prospect, and is so coveted by the majority of the elite major college programs, that he has actually earned the rare RH Tig Six Star Prospect designation, which, as we all know, is one better than five. Watson is an early enrollee and will participate in spring football, which automatically elevates Clemson into the top 5 of the national spring football rankings. Watson reminds me of A HYBRID OF Brett Farve, Tom Brady, John Elway, Dan Marino, and Joe Montana.

Artavis Scott
Clemson recruiters earned a great feather in the cap for hauling in the Tarpon Springs, Florida prospect. Scott is considered to be of the top 10 high school prospects in the state of Florida, which could reasonably be translated into ‘being immediately ready to play in the SEC, and could probably make an NFL team’. Because ESPN tells us that high school football in Florida is just that good. If you watch film on Scott, you’ll see that he is explosive off the line, shifty, and very hard to bring down with one defender once he has the ball in his hands. If you don’t watch film on Scott, you can glean most of these things from doing a Google search of his name, thus proving that all of these things are absolutely true, because they have then been verified by the internet. Scott is ranked as an RH Tig Five Star Prospect, and is also one of the early enrollees that will go through spring practice as well as having an entire semester to find Clemson’s mysteriously located Chic-Fil-A. Because he has such great hands, Scott reminds me of former Clemson legend placekicking holder Jeff Scott.

Demarre Kitt
Kitt is without a doubt THE one player that the Clemson coaches were hanging the entire success of the 2014 recruiting season on. Ranked as a RH Tig Five Star Prospect, he is a gifted receiver that rarely makes a miscalculation on the field, and is considered to be nearly indestructible. Many fans are not aware of the fact that Kitt’s artificial intelligence runs off of a cybernetic processor designed by the late Wilton Knight, a brilliant but eccentric billionaire and founder of the Foundation for Law And Government (FLAG) and its parent Knight Industries. The downside for Clemson is that the University is now forced to add David Hasselhoff to the coaching staff to control Kitt. One of the early enrollees in the 2014 class, Kitt was participate in spring practice, as well as aiding the Clemson Police Department in fighting crime. Kitt reminds me of a cross between an and a 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.

Chris Register
Chris ‘Cash’ Register is like money in the bank. Register is another early enrollee, and an RH Tig Five Star Prospect that the coaching staff is certain will pay big dividends, and Coach Venables should be happy with this prize since tough inside linebackers are the currency on which major college football defenses are based. I feel certain we’ll see his contributions amortized over the next 4 or 5 seasons. Another upside is that Register being a Greensboro, NC native gives Clemson a recruit with close enough proximity to the ACC corporate offices that it won’t take much time out of his schedule to run over and throat punch John Swofford when he’s back home visiting. Register reminds me of Phil Rizutto, in those commercials for The Money Store. Because where else would you keep money but in a cash register?

Kyrin Priester
Clemson coaches love this kid’s potential so much, they signed him two years in a row. Priester is such an intriguing prospect that the coaching staff was willing to steal him away from NC State last year and then again from Fork Union Military College this year. This was a really impressive ‘get’ for 2014 recruiting cycle, as the competition had really stepped up for his services due to the fact that Fork Union is a much more heralded football program and academic institution than NC State. Having had no Priester on the football team since Raymond left in 1997 made this kid even more of an absolute must-have prospect for Clemson in order to fill a nearly decade old weakness in the program. Priester is another RH Tig Five Star Prospect, and the fifth member of Clemson’s impressive haul of early enrollees. Luckily, Dabo reminded me that Priester reminds me of Jaron Brown, which I had forgotten to remember.

Trevion Thompson
Thompson hails from Durham, NC and was early on a favorite to land at NC State. It never fails to amaze this expert recruiting analyst at how effective the Clemson coaches have been at stealing players away from the a major offensive powerhouse like the Wolfpack. Thompson is another RH Tig Five Star Prospect at the receiver position, and is noted for his size and freakish athleticism. This signing is obviously foreshadowing the fact that the majority of Clemson’s games over the next few years will be night games, since we all know that the freaks come out at night. Thompson reminds me of Lindsay Lohan, a noted freak who also starred in the smash hit motion picture ‘Freaky Friday’.

Korie Rogers
Rogers is an RH Tig Five Star Prospect, and is widely considered by most recruiting services to be the number one player from Flowery Branch, Georgia, which is a huge pickup for Clemson considering the fact that Flowery Branch is the home of the Atlanta Falcons training camp. For Dabo and his staff to pluck this gem right out of the Falcons’ back yard speaks volumes for this staff’s ability to recruit, way more than it does about the dilapidated state of the Atlanta Falcon’s program. Rogers is an elite linebacker prospect, and could have stepped in as an immediate starter for the Falcons, but chose instead to enroll with Clemson, shocking many of the Flowery Branch-based recruiting services. Rogers reminds me of all time great Falcon linebacker Jessie Tuggle, mostly because it’s such an incredibly fun name to say out loud. Jessie Tuggle. Jessie Tuggle. Jessie Tuggle. Yep.

Milan Richard
Richard is one of the top tight end prospects in the nation, an RH Tig Five Star Prospect, the nephew of former Georgia great Herschel Walker, and most impressively, a first team ‘Named After A City In Italy All American’. After missing out on so many elite prospects from that coveted list like Naples, Venice, Bologna, Turin, and Rome…it’s nice to see Clemson finally reel one in. Richard reminds me of legend Stan Rome, Clemson’s original first team ‘Named After A City In Italy All American’.

Jae’lon Oglesby
The elite college football programs in America all have players with apostrophized names. Clemson has been able to make do in hiding this glaring weakness over the last few seasons, but Coach Dabo Swinney made getting apostrophized players on the roster a priority for the 2014 recruiting cycle. As luck would have it, the RH Tig Five Star Prospect from Daniel High School was right there in the Tiger’s backyard, and Swinney hopes that this signing opens the floodgates for future apostrophized prospects. Oglesby reminds me of former Clemson great and fellow Norwegian-American Terrance Oglesby, who was actually on the basketball team, but played with David Potter, so I think we can all agree that it all magically works out, like calculus.

Justin Falcinelli
I absolutely love when the coaching staff reels in a stud offensive line prospect, and even more when they get a big’un of Italian lineage. Because, after all, who’s-a gonna make-a the spaghetti? Falcinelli fills that gap in the 2014 recruiting class. Falcinelli is an RH Tig Five Star Prospect, and the number one ranked player in Maryland that agreed to sign with Clemson. Falcinelli reminds me of a cross between Chef Boyardee and Olive Garden, only better.

Alex Spence
I know that OTHER recruiting analysts like to shy away from evaluating kickers, but what kind of an expert would I be if I didn’t throw my highly valued and more often than not correct opinions out there to my adoring public? Spence comes to Clemson on the heels of a stellar high school career, handling both kickoffs and placekicking chores. Spence was the number one ranked kicker in the 2014 RH Tig List Of Really Good Kickers, and was the only kicker that earned the vaunted RH Tig Five Star Prospect designation this year. Spence has a powerful enough leg to kick over a Volkswagen bug, but also has the amazing touch that allows him to play hacky sack amongst a group of filthy hippies for hours on end without dropping the sack. Spence reminds me of a cross between Brazilian soccer legend Pele, British soccer legend David Beckham, and American Hippie legend Wavy Gravy.

Richard Yeargin III
Yeargin III was one of those good signing day surprises, de-committing from Notre Dame a week before signing day and then signing with the Tigers on NSD. Yeargin III is an RH Tig Five Star Prospect, one of the nation’s elite prep defensive prospects at the linebacker position, and probably the best sequel you’ve seen since Terminator III: Rise of The Machines. I don’t feel as though he quite has Back to the Future III greatness at this point in his young career, but I would certainly not be surprised to see Yeargin III performing at Spiderman III levels very early in his career. I would stake my reputation as Tigernet’s premier anonymous internet recruiting expert on the fact that he will be a much better prospect than Lake Placid III, which was a total disappointment, given the incredible promise of Lake Placid I. Yeargin III reminds me of Orville Redenbacher, for some odd reason.

Cannon Smith
Cannon Smith is truly a special pickup for the Tigers. Smith is a legacy, as his father Bill Smith played on the 1981 championship team, and more importantly, he is an RH Tig Five Star Prospect. Smith is without a doubt one of the elite tight ends available in this recruiting cycle, and he also fills a hole for the team in players named for military hardware. The military tradition is strong at Clemson, but having former soldiers tweeting about the team on a regular basis is only half of the formula for success. The hope is that Cannon’s signing will open the door to future players with highly tactical names like Assaultrifle, Machinegun, and Apacheattackcopter. That is the type of player that elite programs with military traditions are signing every year, and Clemson needs to build on this success.

Adam Choice
Choice is the cousin of Indianapolis Colts and ex-Georgia Tech running back Tashard Choice. Had Choice not chosen to choose Clemson, we would have questioned Choice’s choice, but in the end, unlike Tashard Choice, Adam Choice made the right choice, signing with the Tigers. As Tigernet’s premier anonymous internet recruiting expert, I made the choice to choose Choice as an RH Tig Five Star Prospect. Choice is straight ahead runner that chooses to run over defenders instead of around them. Choice reminds me that I am thirsty for a Sam’s Choice Cola.

C.J. Fuller
C.J. Fuller is an elite prospect that the coaches are hoping can blossom into a productive big back. Watching Fuller on film, one can quickly see that he runs harder than a math test is to Jedeveon Clowney. As a native of nearby Easley, SC, Fuller should be familiar enough with the Clemson campus by now to easily suss out the secret location of the school's Chic-Fil-A. Fuller is a RH Tig Five Star Prospect at the running back position, and possibly the recruit most destined to be the next Clemson football Hall Of Famer, because he reminds me of a cross between C.J. Spiller and Steve Fuller.

Kendall Joseph
Joseph is an elite inside linebacker prospect, and another RH Tig Five Star Prospect. One of the things that you'll notice about Joseph is that he seemingly plays angry. And I mean angry like you get when you're buying or selling a house in Anderson, but the people on the internet that you're depending on for vital information aren't taking you seriously. That kind of angry could eventually lead to savagely injured opponents left writhing in episodes of horrific pain on the football field. THAT is the kind of angry that Coach Venables is looking for in his middle linebackers. Joseph reminds me of Mike Singletary, who always played like he couldn't locate a suitable home in Anderson.

Jalen Williams
Williams flew under the radar for many programs primarily because of his stature. That seems very odd, considering he was ranked as an RH Tig Five Star Prospect. Williams was also chosen as a consensus first team member of the vaunted RH Tig All-Dreadlock team, something every major division I school covets, as players with flowing dreadlocks always have great television presence. Any coach worth his salt will tell you that you just can't teach dreadlocks. Williams reminds me of former Clemson dreadlock legend Andre Ellington.

Jabril Robinson
Robinson, another RH Tig Five Star Prospect, is a player that the coaching staff feels can grow into a real force on the defensive front. I’m sure that many of you don’t know that ‘Jabril’ is actually the Arabic spelling of ‘Peter Gabriel’, which is the name of the angel in the Bible that served as the messenger of God. Hopefully this is a good sign for Clemson, considering that I have personally witnessed 80,000+ people pleading for a sign from God in the Death Valley on numerous occasions over the years. Robinson reminds me of the band Genesis. The old classic Genesis, not the crappy Phil Collins-fronted version.

Jefferie Gibson
Gibson is the prototype big framed safety that Coach Venables covets for his defense. He also brings good ball handling skills to the table having also played the receiver and quarterback positions, as well as basketball in high school. In other words, this kid is an amazing athlete of the caliber that Clemson has become accustomed to enrolling. Gibson reminds me of former Clemson legend David Potter, for his uncanny ability to do everything, and do everything incredibly well.

Taylor Hearn
Hearn is a big body and great feet, thus his designation as a Dr. Scholl’s First Team All American. The big offensive lineman earned a trip to the Shrine Bowl based on his stellar play and more importantly, the fact that he was ranked as an RH Tig Five Star Prospect. Hearn was the winner of numerous other accolades, including being named as a Kiss Army First Team All American. This is just the type of tall and wide body that our coaching staff goes after hard to provide that much needed shade on the practice field for Clemson’s plethora of skill players. Hearn really reminds me of that kid in the Blind Side, but whiter.

Hunter Renfrow
Renfrow comes to Clemson somewhat under the radar as a PWO, or ‘preferred walk on’ for those that don’t understand the complexities and delicate intricacies of the recruiting game. Of course, this highly respected recruiting expert had him ranked all year as one of the nation’s elite PWOs, and he comes to Clemson as an RH Tig Five Star PWO Prospect. PWOs have to pay their own way to school, which means their parents have some money, which usually translates into them being one of the more popular members of the team. These are the kids that teammates know they can lean on when they come up a buck or two short on a pizza delivery, always have extra quarters when the dryer stops and the clothes aren’t quite dry, and always seems to have fresh-baked cookies that they just got in the mail from Mom. Renfrow is an excellent athlete, and reminds me of another stellar Clemson PWO, Daniel Rodriguez. Hopefully, Renfrow has a similar skill set…good hands, decent speed, toughness, and an active Twitter account.

J.D./Judah Davis
The Davis twins are legacy sons of Clemson football legend and current assistant athletic director Jeff Davis. They are both ranked as RH Tig Five Star Grayshirt Prospects, and will both enroll in January 2015, after spending next season on the Tri-County Technical College football team. I firmly believe that we’ll see similar production on the field comparable to the last time that Clemson had a set of high profile twins in Peter and Andy Ford. The Davis twins remind me of Zan and Jayna, also known as the Wonder Twins. WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE…FORM OF AN FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICAN LINEBACKER!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next