Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Opponent: FSU QB will transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Football Update: Opponent: FSU QB will transfer

Apr 17, 2013, 3:53 PM

Opponent: FSU QB will transfer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Opponent: FSU QB will transfer

Apr 17, 2013, 4:28 PM

I am surprised... I thought he was a better QB than Manuel.

Me too... But I don't think that bodes well for us...

Apr 17, 2013, 4:48 PM

If he's leaving it's probably because he knows he's not as good as the other guy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me too... But I don't think that bodes well for us...

Apr 17, 2013, 5:07 PM

IMHO he was better than Manuel when he played against us in the Valley in 2011!!I think he had 300 yds + that game..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Manuel had better passing & RUNNING stats than Trickett.

Apr 17, 2013, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Opponent: FSU QB will transfer ]

Manuel shredded us for 380 passing yds (68%) with a passer rating of 187.2, AND ran for 102 yards (9.3 YPC).
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/380849/ej-manuel

Trickett "only" shredded us for 336 passing yds (63%) with a passer rating of 158.2, BUT had minus 7 yards rushing.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501098/clint-trickett

Sr. vs. FR.***

Apr 18, 2013, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

home vs away.***

Apr 18, 2013, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tru dat homey nom mean***

Apr 18, 2013, 9:47 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

The links I posted showed EJ superior every year, all season***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:14 PM [ in reply to home vs away.*** ]

i commented on your comparison against clemson.

Apr 18, 2013, 3:27 PM

nothing more, nothing less. it was additive to anonymous08' comment.

so your issue is with us or what you wrote? i'm going with the latter.

Manuel shredded us for 380 passing yds (68%) with a passer rating of 187.2, AND ran for 102 yards (9.3 YPC).

Trickett "only" shredded us for 336 passing yds (63%) with a passer rating of 158.2, BUT had minus 7 yards rushing.

I linked career stats & tallied CU data for your convenience***

Apr 18, 2013, 8:20 PM

your commentary promotes the comparison as if you were

Apr 18, 2013, 8:29 PM

hoping it would somehow galvanize your point. the point/comparison is ridiculous for the reasons given and then some.

the only convenience is your attempt to work around the ridiculous comparison.

So you know what I intended better than I do? Classic.

Apr 19, 2013, 1:15 PM

I posted each player's overall stats FIRST, but YOU CHOSE to focus on the Clemson stats that I compiled SECOND for the convenience of any Clemson fans.

It's funny that you seem to know for certain, better than me, what I intended because it's black & white in YOUR MIND even though I posted the overall stat links FIRST. Classic!

Either way the stats that I posted and summarized show Manuel to be superior. Apparently the FSU coaches also thought Manuel was superior-- which is why he started over Trickett. Manuel is projected to be about the 3rd QB drafted whereas Trickett won't likely sniff the NFL and can't even win FSU's starting job from a freshman. But perhaps you know better than me, the FSU coaches, and the NFL scouts.

i know "only" in this context is comparative & it was silly

Apr 19, 2013, 1:42 PM

to do so. not just silly, but absurd, which is you all over.

you've always had a problem with reading comprehension, so i'll type it again, i don't care about the rest, i didn't comment on the rest and specifically pointed that out for you. i didn't even respond to you.

i only added to anonymous08' comment on YOUR clemson, 1-game comparison, which was completely moronic for the reasons given & then some.

you want to highlight a senior at home vs a freshman in his first start on the road in DV?

you probably heard me lol from where ever you are.

which were first again? seems your comments are on top and probably why anonymous08 jumped all over your comparison and YES, it is comparative no matter how much back peddling you do. typical razz crappola.

Manuel had better passing & RUNNING stats than Trickett.
Posted: Apr 17, 2013 5:39 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/380849/ej-manuel

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501098/clint-trickett

How can you say that?

Apr 18, 2013, 3:30 PM [ in reply to The links I posted showed EJ superior every year, all season*** ]

you compared game stats from Clemson vs FSU in '11 and '12 to "show" that EJ had a "better" game...I disagree. I think would trickett did as a Freshman playing at Clemson is more impressive than what EJ did as a Senior at home. Trickett also accounted for more TD's than EJ comparing those two games....

What not would....***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:31 PM

I linked career stats & tallied CU data for your convenience

Apr 18, 2013, 8:41 PM [ in reply to How can you say that? ]

You chose to focus on the Clemson stats. Either way you look at it, Manuel was better. That's why Manuel beat out Trickett (even though Trickett was an FSU coach's son). And that's why Manuel is projected to be about the 3rd QB drafted, whereas Trickett is unlikely to ever see the NFL except on TV.

I think Trickett is the better coverage-reader and pure-pocket passer, but dual-threat QBs like Manuel hurt defenses not merely with their own passing & running stats, but also by making the defenses account for the QB running threat, thereby making the other offensive players more effective.

You tried to make your point based on Clemson Game stats

Apr 19, 2013, 1:54 PM

and it backfired so now you fall back on "oh I posted career links blah blah blah" when in reality you can't compare their careers. Trickett still has two years and even though he is transferring and may not make the NFL it doesn't take away from his game vs Clemson which IMHO is more impressive based on him being a Freshman in hostile territory vs a Senior in friendly confines....

a very talented freshman though....hence the transfer***

Apr 18, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Sr. vs. FR.*** ]

I was talking about Trickett vs Manuel stats Vs. Clemson.***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:01 PM

I'm with uproar

Apr 17, 2013, 5:01 PM

Think that means he knows he can't beat out Winston

Re: Manuel had better passing & RUNNING stats than Trickett.

Apr 17, 2013, 5:53 PM

Manuel was a senior and played us at home. Trickett was inexperienced and played us in the Valley

The links I posted showed EJ superior every year, all season***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:16 PM

Even tho he is a redshirt - he is still a freshman - I like

Apr 17, 2013, 8:55 PM

our chances in Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst case scenario

Apr 17, 2013, 9:14 PM

he goes to NC State, who needs a quarterback, and we have to play against both him and Winston.

No way FSU allows transfer to NCSU***

Apr 18, 2013, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he graduates in May as reported

Apr 18, 2013, 12:03 PM

he can go anywhere he wants that has a Masters program not at FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense to Trickett

Apr 18, 2013, 9:01 AM

But Winston is one heck of an athlete and quarterback. I went down to their spring game and Winston looked much better than Trickett. Not that I care either way who their qb is.

And Cole Stoudt set the Spring Game "record" for passing

Apr 18, 2013, 12:49 PM

yards.

I don't put too much stock in a Spring Game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Cole Stoudt set the Spring Game "record" for passing

Apr 18, 2013, 1:38 PM

You're right a spring game is just a spring game, but Jameis Winston is the real deal I believe. Trickett was never going to start over him.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic