Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does it seem we are going backwards in the polls?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why does it seem we are going backwards in the polls?

Sep 30, 2018, 12:59 PM

Not that it matters right now but serious question. Why didn’t we actually go up a spot. Ettiene rushes for over 200yds and Chase Brice who was 3rd string a week ago leads us to victory against a good undefeated Syracuse team. How can anyone say this is not a great Clemson teams. In a bad situation Clemson found away to win. Trevor Lawrence will be healthy soon and light up defenses 300 yds passing a game. I just don’t understand the doubt for Clemson. I hope that there’s only 2-3 undefeated teams at years end because if there’s 5 these dummy’s will try hard to leave Clemson out. My only thing is let’s win out and if we are undefeated reather that be 15-0 or 14-0. We celebrate our national championship that we would have rightfully earned. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you put us higher? I wouldn't.. I'd put us lower

Sep 30, 2018, 1:02 PM

compared to ND who beat ranked Stanford, LSU who beat ranked Miami and Aub, behind OhSt who beat ranked TCU and at Penn St. Not sure UGA has done anything yet either..

We just don't have the wins to justofy being higher yet. And unlike Bama, we aren't easily blowing everyone out of the water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

And for that matter, why is 5-0 Kentucky 15th?***

Sep 30, 2018, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They aren't that good.***

Sep 30, 2018, 1:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always ask a 5outh Carolina fan about ranking.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:02 PM

The 5outh Carolina thumb tour.

Re: Always ask a 5outh Carolina fan about ranking.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:27 PM

The 5outh Carolina thumb tour.

Now that is FUNNY^^^^

Stop losing to Kentucky

Sep 30, 2018, 1:03 PM

That would be a good start for your team...

Re: Stop losing to Kentucky

Sep 30, 2018, 1:04 PM

Omg I was very excited seeing Kentucky win last night. Stop being so delusional. Yesterday was the perfect day for me. Clemson win and a coot loss

Tell 'em coot

Sep 30, 2018, 1:12 PM

fno

Re: Tell 'em coot

Sep 30, 2018, 1:15 PM

I’m very excited that coots will not see a bowl game this year. Go Tigers

The lines are certainly busy on FGF, but

Sep 30, 2018, 1:19 PM

keep trying and you'll eventually get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does it seem we are going backwards in the polls?

Sep 30, 2018, 1:27 PM

We don't have a business relationship with Disney$PN.

After This Week, be Happy We are in the race!

Sep 30, 2018, 1:28 PM

We could have easily been knocked out...Considering the week we had this is fine....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: After This Week, be Happy We are in the race!

Sep 30, 2018, 1:31 PM

Doesn't matter, except in the pride department.

If I count correctly, there are only 12 teams that remain undefeated, this is the only poll you need to stay in! There certainly will not be that many undefeateds come Dec!

Because we are.***

Sep 30, 2018, 1:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 1:42 PM

Well if you look at the Atlantic it’s really still a tough division.
I believe every team will win at least 7 games with FSU, BC , NCST and the Cuse possibly winning 8-9 games .
FSU will get better as the year goes on and a win like yesterday could get them rolling.
As the season gets older these teams will all be ranked and if we win out , there is no way to keep us out.
I might get worried if UCF and ND finish with no losses.
Add that with Bama and UGA undefeated in the SECCG.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:54 PM

LOL - the ONLY reason that FSU managed to win yesterday is because Petrino had the game won and made a horrendous passing play call which was intercepted. The game was basically over, and only because Petrino is an idiot, did UL manage to ###### defeat from the jaws of victory. It was something else.

Bottom line - FSU is still not any good. Not well coached at all.

Sep 30, 2018, 2:01 PM

We are going backwards! It's a direct reflection of a couple things. 1. The ACC being down this year so far! 2. We haven't hammered anyone we should beat.
The folks who make the poll whether they admit it or not give a ton of credit to "dominance"! We haven't been dominant except the GT game.
If we dominate a few opponents we will likely jump some people.

All the experts know this! We are one of only 3 or 4 other schools that aren't scared of Bama! And they know we are loaded with talent. Win some in impressive fashion and we get back to at least where we started.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We? You got a mouse in your pocket coot?***

Sep 30, 2018, 2:12 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because we’re struggling to beat unranked teams

Sep 30, 2018, 2:24 PM

Like TAMU and Syracuse. They’re both good teams, but not great. We’ll have to win more convincingly against a down ACC or we will drop out of the top 5 and be on the outside looking in.
As poor as the ACC is this year we may get left out even if we are undefeated and ACC champs again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because these polls don't matter at all

Sep 30, 2018, 2:34 PM

and the people who vote put in an effort that reflects that fact. They don't watch the game, they don't know we were down two QBs, two of our top two CBs, and our RT and still came from behind to beat a good but underrated Syracuse team. They only know we barely beat "lowly" Syracuse.

If we take care of business the committee will not follow in their footsteps. They actually pay attention.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 2:46 PM

You are right. It doesn't matter now. The reason I love college football is because anything can happen and it does every week. Polls before the end of November mean nothing. Every week someone that was considered good is suddenly a goat. Then three weeks later they a great again. I hate prognosticators. The games are going to be played so talk about it after the fact not before. Even the omnipotent Alabama gets beat. They could lose the next two games. They have not gone 15-0 in any season. I cannot believe that all these so called experts get paid to talk about what they think is going to happen, or estimate how good some teams are or are not when guess what, the games are gonna be played and you are going to find out what happened. I would love a world where people just analyze what happened and would shut up about how they can predict what teams are going to do. Most of the time they are wrong. The unpredictability of college football is what is interesting. I do not care who is in someone's top 4 now, it only matters at the end of the season.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic