Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The latest from Nathan Phillips
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 706

The latest from Nathan Phillips

Jan 23, 2019, 6:19 PM

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/nathan-phillips-rally-attempted-to-disrupt-mass-at-dcs-national-shrine-91038

This also wasn't reported widely, even though it happened the day after he confronted the kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too funny. WaPo and NYT: “These white male conservatives are

Jan 23, 2019, 7:54 PM

Villains who tried to instigate a confrontation and showed no respect for a Native American’s sacred practices.”

Reality: The Native American tried to instigate a confrontation and showed no respect for the Catholics’ sacred practices.

Close, though.

I notice the article attempted to contact the appropriate parties for contact. Pretty good journalism. I wonder where the CNA falls on the fringiness scale.

I do like how this guy is doubling down on trying to get these teenagers in trouble. Pretty shameless, but anything for the cause, am I right? They’re just European Americans, anyway. Barely human. Thank goodness for responsible journalism from the WaPo and NYT to get that story out there before...you know...research. Really helped to get this narrative out there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Is that an exact quote from NY Times and WaPo?

Jan 24, 2019, 8:13 AM

If so, please post.

And the link Cam posted is extremely poorly written and filled with anonymous sources. So no, not really good journalism. I'm not questioning the event happened; the article just sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Lol. You picked this hill to die on. Sad.***

Jan 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

null

Dude...

Jan 24, 2019, 10:44 PM

Don't start getting into that obsessive Nikola Tesla/HuntClub/xtiger realm after getting shut down by me in one topic. You're above that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Did you believe he was claiming that was an exact quote....

Jan 25, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Is that an exact quote from NY Times and WaPo? ]

or, maybe...and I'm just going out on a limb here....he was paraphrasing??

But you knew that....what's curious is asking him if that's an exact quote, knowing full well it wasn't and wasn't intended to be.

Then below you claimed you "shut him down"? LOL

Anyway, his paraphrase is exactly what a lot of news outlets were conveying and certainly commentators were saying (no not an exact quote).

As I said before, anyone walking around with a multiple cameramen and a lawyer is probably a trouble-maker looking for publicity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you believe he was claiming that was an exact quote....

Jan 25, 2019, 8:21 AM

or, maybe...and I'm just going out on a limb here....he was paraphrasing??

Given how poorly he is understanding a lot of what has been written on all this, I think he actually thinks they said that.

Then below you claimed you "shut him down"? LOL

That was a reference to a previous debate, which really all of this is extending from.

Anyway, his paraphrase is exactly what a lot of news outlets were conveying and certainly commentators were saying (no not an exact quote).
All that has changed as more information came out. No one has stuck to their guns on that story. It's pretty sad those who still harp on it. The media have admitted they jumped the gun on the initial video and have corrected it.

As I said before, anyone walking around with a multiple cameramen and a lawyer is probably a trouble-maker looking for publicity.

Well, I don't disagree there. However, the link posted by Cam is extremely poorly written and exercises poor journalistic technique. I can go through it line-by-line to show, but I doubt any of y'all want to spend time with that. I'm not disputing that it happened; it's just a ###### article. But Swarley thinks it's awesome, so okay.

Excuse my poor HTML execution.***

Jan 25, 2019, 8:22 AM

God bless, Flow. I thought I was taking crazy pills.

Jan 25, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Did you believe he was claiming that was an exact quote.... ]

Never seen Cata resort to such fifth grade tactics so he can get a win, but he definitely wore me down, so...good job, I guess. I appreciate that some people on here aren’t reading posts with the same silly mindset.

null

Let me know when I can come pick up my trophy.***

Jan 25, 2019, 9:53 AM

that guy is a piece of dog manure***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:10 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Big Chief Drums and Lies***

Jan 24, 2019, 12:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chief Spitting Bull***

Jan 24, 2019, 6:20 AM

OK now that's funny.***

Jan 25, 2019, 11:45 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The latest from Nathan Phillips

Jan 24, 2019, 9:01 AM

Unnamed sources! HAHAHAHA!

Conservatives get weak at the knees over unnamed sources until it benefits them.

One source is the Shrine itself***

Jan 24, 2019, 3:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The latest from Nathan Phillips

Jan 25, 2019, 4:30 AM

"New reporting reveals that Native American activist Nathan Phillips has a criminal record, including assault and escape from prison."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-native-american-activist-nathan-151009381.html

Replies: 16
| visibility 706
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic