Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our Team: Having FUN to being SERIOUS.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 940

Our Team: Having FUN to being SERIOUS.

Oct 29, 2013, 11:31 AM

So basically....in retrospect, do you think our coaches and players just aren't SERIOUS enough?? If you compare a team such as Alabama, they seem to be all about business and if you show them up, they get pissed off and shut you down. Where as our team takes the "Go out, relax and HAVE FUN" approach. Having watch video of both Clemson and Alabama during practices and off season camp, I just notice a different demeanor in the teams. One is like a bootcamp almost and focused on getting everything perfect at all cost and the other is just loose and relaxed and out their having a good time. I'm all for having fun, but like Dabo said...fun is in the Winning! Maybe this team needs to get more of a mean streak and takes things alil more serious. Just my IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is different for different players. Some perform

Oct 29, 2013, 11:35 AM

better when they're relaxed. Some perform better when they're dead-set focused. Part of good coaching is knowing your players & what it takes to motivate each one to perform varies from one player to another.

Exactly

Oct 29, 2013, 11:40 AM

Some people posted they thought FSU looked like too laid back in their practices prior to our game. I personally would rather Tajh be loose than uptight.

The difference between us and Alabama is they sign 30

Oct 29, 2013, 11:47 AM

of the top rated players in the country every year and cut the bottom 10 before the season starts to get NCAA compliant.

We could be much much better if we did that. Not saying I want to, but just stating a fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The difference between us and Alabama is they sign 30

Oct 29, 2013, 11:51 AM

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!I am not saying I want to do that either but it hard to compete against that.. same thing with the c$$ts in baseball also. plus the `roids makes us behind all the time

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Difference: Saban demands accountability with

Oct 29, 2013, 12:51 PM

consequences for sloppy play and continual mental errors. On the other hand, Dabo does not. If you listen to Dabo since last Saturday's game, you would think the MD game was one of the finest in years. He will rarely, if ever, mention a negative word over anything that has taken place.

Re: The Difference: Saban demands accountability with

Oct 29, 2013, 1:07 PM

"Don't let anyone walk through your mind with dirty feet"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only unthinkable if you don't think it***

Oct 29, 2013, 1:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

The last thing Danny Ford wrote on the chalkboard ..........

Oct 29, 2013, 1:32 PM

right before they hit the field for THE orange bowl vs Nebraska was "LOOSY GOOSY". He also said "LOOSY GOOSY" as he wrote it. Also, in his last season coming off a couple of upset losses the mantra for became "Have Fun", which players were quoted as saying after the big win that followed.

Replies: 8
| visibility 940
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic