Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The key to winning Part III
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

The key to winning Part III

Dec 29, 2017, 10:29 AM

NOTE: I'm trying to set aside my fandom(if possible) for a moment and look at this game purely from what we have seen on film from Clemson and Bama.

I believe that the outcome of the game will come down to whether Kelly Bryant can pass the ball consistently. No one has run on Alabama's D with authority since Ohio State did in the playoff as couple of years ago. Can it happen this game? It's possible but not probable. Kelly has been hot and cold this season passing the ball, and Saban will stack the box against the run, and force Kelly to throw it consistently in tight windows. Saban used the same concept against Deshaun, and he was unbelievable. I don't think that Kelly would have to be as heroic in the passing game this year, because Clemson is a better run team that last year, and Bama is not quite as dominant on D, but Bama is still plenty good enough to plug up the run lanes and make Kelly prove that he can beat them passing. I am hoping to see him rise to the occasion!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The key to winning Part III

Dec 29, 2017, 10:35 AM

I think the game will be determined in the trenches. I also believe that Clemson has the advantage in both lines. I see it as a low scoring game with Clemson winning 24-13

Dec 29, 2017, 10:41 AM

I think that the key to winning will be a good game plan, one that has a chance of success. And that is why we will do well - our coaches will come out with a better game plan than Saban and company.

Dec 29, 2017, 10:45 AM

Another reason is that lately, Clemson's company, for the most part, has been sticking around, creating continuity. Saban's company seems to get out a lot quicker.

Considering the pressure he's put on the players there...

Dec 29, 2017, 11:11 AM

I can't imagine working for the sumbich. It's a wonder he can keep a coordinator for an entire season. Money has a finite value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 10:46 AM

I think the game with come down to which QB throws it the best.

Both QBs have fantastic arms.

Dec 29, 2017, 11:13 AM

One of them can and will throw to any open receiver after being flushed out of the pocket while the other one only throws to Calvin Ridley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The key to winning Part III ]

Bryant is the better passer and has more weapons.

I think the main thing here is: Kelly has to process things quickly and be decisive with his decisions. Do not hold onto the ball too long and don't bail out constantly with happy feet, when the opportunities to throw on Bama are there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB is deadly on short passes.

Dec 29, 2017, 11:09 AM

He opened 15 for 15 against Miami. He doesn't have to hit the long passes to keep Bama's safeties honest he just has to throw a few deep every quarter. He will be back to early season form and hitting receivers in full stride going downhill.

Bama's d-line isn't what it's been over the past few years.

We should have to discuss our defense against their offense.

Re: KB is deadly on short passes.

Dec 29, 2017, 1:19 PM

Yeah, I believe the timeframe where Kelly struggled was due to the ankle injury and concussion. Imo, he turned the page at the end of the season and was locked in by the ACC Championship. Him and the coaching staff have had another month to biild on that and clean up technique, etc.

We just have to keep Kelly safe from dirty Bama tactics like we saw from them last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2017, 12:47 PM

I think the key is going to be whichever team scores the most points wins.

Dec 29, 2017, 1:14 PM

Jalen Hurts always rolls out to his right, we gotta watch that. Auburn was successful in sniffing that out. All in all KB is a much better qb and we will roll

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic