Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump's dog just turned on him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1,173

Trump's dog just turned on him

Nov 20, 2019, 9:00 AM

Game, set and match. Goodbye Trump. Goodbye Pence.

"yes, there was a quid pro quo" - Gordon Sondland, roughly

“Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit” for Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Sondland says in an opening statement provided by his lawyer to CNBC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/trump-ordered-ukraine-quid-pro-quo-through-giuliani-key-witness-sondland-testifies.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.PostToTwitter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't believe what he says. He's a never trumper***

Nov 20, 2019, 9:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

wait..........so now there's quid pro quo,

Nov 20, 2019, 9:10 AM

but it had nothing to do with javelin missiles, just if the guy could make an official visit to the US?

I'm getting dizzy these goal posts are moving so fast. This is the biggest "throw it against the wall and hope it sticks" shidshow I've ever seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cause you aren't focused. It's time for you to lock in.***

Sep 18, 2021, 8:41 PM

That's what Sondland's saying, not what the Dems are saying.***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to wait..........so now there's quid pro quo, ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're trying to pin him down on this right now.***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:58 AM

To me, just the fact there may have been "quid pro quo"

Nov 20, 2019, 9:26 AM

Doesn't mean the President should be impeached. This is the gist of that Mnuchin presser a while back, where I thought he made reasonable points, but many people took it as some "admission of a crime". It seems like "quid pro quo" would be a relatively common thing...that's a large part of what diplomacy is.

Sorry, Mulvaney, not Mnuchin.***

Nov 20, 2019, 9:28 AM

To me it isn't the QPQ or bribery or extortion or whatever

Nov 20, 2019, 9:29 AM [ in reply to To me, just the fact there may have been "quid pro quo" ]

synonym you want to use.

It's that he used his leverage to push a foreign government to investigate his political rival.

If he would have went through the FBI/DOJ or anything like that we wouldn't be here.

But because he used our country's leverage to personally help his political campaign, I have a problem with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

The key is the motive.

Nov 20, 2019, 9:31 AM

If he did it for personal gain, then that's the potentially impeachable part, to me.

It's not about the existence of "quid pro quo," to me. It's whether the President knowingly and intentionally put his personal interests ahead of that of the nation.

If he was trying to do something good for the United States of America, then he should do all the quid pro quo he needs to do that.

If he was trying to do something good for himself at the expense of the nation, then he shouldn't quid pro quo a single nickel.

agreed on the motive and intent

Nov 20, 2019, 9:41 AM

the interesting thing to me is that Biden isn't even the democratic nominee for President.

It can be assumed that it is campaign related, but how do you prove that?

Exactly. Prove it.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:10 AM

Really, I suppose they don't need to "prove" anything to impeach, but you better have a strong case. But it would certainly be need to prove it for removal from office, via Senate. Of course, in that portion, we would hopefully see the President questioned directly by Senators.

It's almost impossible for me to believe...

Nov 20, 2019, 1:09 PM

that Trump did this for non-campaign/non-domestic politics related reasons. However, I don't know if they'll even find somebody to say that this is the only reason why Trump wanted to do this, both because of loyalty and because Trump confuses his personal good with the good of the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed on the motive and intent

Nov 20, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to agreed on the motive and intent ]

If someone is standing over a murder victim with the murder weapon, it can be assumed that the person holding the thin is there murderer even if you didn't witness it. The idea that it wasn't for Trump's personal gain is laughable.

Re: The key is the motive.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to The key is the motive. ]

I haven’t seen any evidence of personal interest motivation. Going after a Democrat candidate running for the democratic nomination who’s 1) running 3rd place among the field, 2) can’t fill a phone booth with interested voters doesn’t cut it. Hunter Biden was under investigation way before any of this started, until Joe has the prosecutor fired in a brazen display of bribery.

Problem is, Trump confuses those two goods

Nov 20, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to The key is the motive. ]

Not sure he even thinks about whether there could be a difference between what's personally good for him and what's good for the country. If Ukraine wasn't doing what he wanted, then that must be because Ukraine is corrupt and in conspiracy against his agenda- which is making American great again. Therefore, whoever crosses Trump must hate America. You see this calculus with his fans all the time, and even your clear headed way of seeing this won't do anything about those people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can't go through the FBI or the DOJ

Nov 20, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to To me it isn't the QPQ or bribery or extortion or whatever ]

Because the corruption he wanted investigated happened on foreign soil, in a foreign country. WE CAN NOT INVESTIGATE THAT. The FBI and DOJ have absolutely zero jurisdiction or authority to do #### in Ukraine. The State Department, through diplomatic channels (USING OUR AID AS LEVERAGE) can. So can the President. Only two ways Biden's son could ever be investigated. MUST be done by Ukraine.

What subject is in decline in the US more than History? You guessed it, civics. Followed by financial literacy education, which is non-existent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fact, they could've coordinated with Ukraine

Nov 20, 2019, 1:38 PM

This happens all the time. There's no reason why the president personally needed to talk to Zelensky about this, on their first phone call, while withholding aid against the advice of the military and the diplomats.

Ukraine has to investigate. Period.

Nov 20, 2019, 2:15 PM

They can coordinate all they want. They (FBI) can't go knocking on doors, or interviewing witnesses, or anything. But if Ukraine doesn't want to, then you get a Presidential call and a quid pro quo. Just like Ukraine didn't want to fire the prosecutor, so Biden did a quid pro quo. Same thing. Either way Ukraine has to do the investigation. We can only extort with our money. We do it all around the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remember the First Principles

Nov 20, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to To me, just the fact there may have been "quid pro quo" ]

America First, not Trump First.

Hush with your thoughtfulness and logic.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to To me, just the fact there may have been "quid pro quo" ]

We spread $50,000,000,000 taxpayer dollars among 200 different countries EVERY YEAR. At no time, ever, has a President or our government EVER demanded a quid pro quo. We toss our money around and then tell each country "Here you go. Do with this what you please. We're just so happy to be able to give you money."

Re: Trump's dog just turned on him

Nov 20, 2019, 9:42 AM

Don’t confuse common requests for favors when money is being handed out, for improper behavior. This has been normal political practice for decades and doesn’t rise to the level of an impeachable offense. Besides, the new catch word being applied is “bribery”, so you have to look for more severe violations rather than simple quid pro quo ;)

Talk about moving goalposts.***

Nov 20, 2019, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we did not think at the time that what we were doing was

Nov 20, 2019, 9:42 AM

improper

"We thought we were just putting jews on the train to Paris"***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

Sweet, a Holocaust comparison

Nov 20, 2019, 12:57 PM

Withholding aid to get Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden is just like killing millions of Jews.

It always goes there***

Nov 20, 2019, 1:25 PM

Sometimes it takes an anvil***

Nov 20, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Sweet, a Holocaust comparison ]

Re: Trump's dog just turned on him

Nov 20, 2019, 9:58 AM

Sondland just confirmed:

-Ukraine is corrupt
-Pause the aid, let’s first see if the new guy is the real deal
-Zelinski seems to be a good guy
-Aid gets released

What did Trump offer for quid pro quo?

Nov 20, 2019, 10:23 AM

A visit to the Whitehouse is replacing the accusation that he held up gov funding for Ukraine? I'd call that a downgrade comparable to downgrading a hit and run to jaywalking.

You're going to impeach the POTUS over asking for something to grant a Whitehouse visit? I heard he spit on the sidewalk and didn't rise when a lady entered the room one time. Oh, the ketchup on steak should be on the list of his lawless behavior too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, ketchup on steak should be an impeachable offense.***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:27 AM

I'm forced to agree.***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ketchup on a well done steak...***

Nov 20, 2019, 3:41 PM [ in reply to To be fair, ketchup on steak should be an impeachable offense.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money for 2016 & Biden investigation and the chicks for free

Nov 20, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to What did Trump offer for quid pro quo? ]

Heard it in a song but you have to listen closely.

Re: What did Trump offer for quid pro quo?

Nov 20, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to What did Trump offer for quid pro quo? ]

This is all more drama to feed to the media. Quid pro quo isn’t even an impeachable offense, yet his carefully delivered testimony is somehow making a case for impeachment. And they’re scared to death of Giuliani. He’s running around with signed affidavits from Ukrainian officials that proves this whole thing is a lie.

Re: What did Trump offer for quid pro quo?

Nov 20, 2019, 10:38 AM

And what the hell is this from yesterday? Was a note passed to Vidman?

https://youtu.be/kBGd2ue2dIY

I think he should be impeached if he offered

Nov 20, 2019, 10:44 AM [ in reply to What did Trump offer for quid pro quo? ]

Ukraine a pencil in exchange for a personal favor.

I think he should not be impeached if he threatened to withhold every single dollar of aid, in exchange for a legitimate national interest.

I'd have to look at the transcript but it seems he...

Nov 20, 2019, 10:50 AM

asked for a favor. If I'm remembering he said 'do us a favor.' I'm not sure it was a personal favor or not and I doubt it could be considered as such.

I know that Bill Barr promised to look into the origin of the Russian collusion charges and I also know that Ukraine played a part in this by being in collusion with the DNC to out Maniford who was a Trump campaign guy at the time.

Imo, Trump pushed for an investigation but according to the transcript he was trying to get Barr's foot in the door which insist that any investigation would include a coordinated activity between Ukraine's justice department and the US justice department.

This is all much ado about nothing but that's the way of the world now.

No, he asked Ukraine to investigate two things...

Nov 20, 2019, 1:04 PM

1. The origin of the Russia investigation
2. Hunter Biden's involvement with Burisma, which he brought up as being related to Joe Biden, who he believed got the Ukrainian prosecutor fired for investigating Burisma.

The Justice Department could've done its own coordination with Ukraine, if it wanted to.

Do you truly believe in your heart that Donald Trump cared to much about corruption in Ukraine that he withheld crucial aid in order to get them to deal with corruption? Was the appearance of a conflict of interest important enough for the president to bring up during his first phone call with Zelensky? Was it important enough to withhold aid?

Lost in all of these legalistic defenses of Trump involving what's plausible is what we all know about Trump's narcissistic character, and his ignorance of norms. Yes, he was in part elected because he doesn't care about norms. But we should've all expected this kind of thing from him.

Maybe the fact that this is normal behavior for Trump is why some people think it's no big deal.

Do you realize how foolish you look?

Nov 20, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to What did Trump offer for quid pro quo? ]

Sondland, who was involved in this, is flat out saying quid pro quo for military aid. He is testifying--under oath--that Trump ordered all of this top happen. And you continue to just say, "But... but... where's the quid pro quo?!"

How many people involved in this mess have to tell you that's what happened before you believe it?

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You can see the goalposts actually moving in this thread.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:29 AM

Predictably for some. For others, a BIT of a surprise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing of value thus far

Nov 20, 2019, 11:00 AM

Everything else is noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037O9S9Qyv0

Sonderland said he didn't believe Trump.

Nov 20, 2019, 11:04 AM

He hung up the phone still believing that it was definitely a "quid pro quo" and still believes it today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, I thought you were talking about a real dog***

Nov 20, 2019, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

"roughly"

Nov 20, 2019, 3:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1,173
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic