Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney ranked as a Top 3 CFB head coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney ranked as a Top 3 CFB head coach

Jul 7, 2017, 10:34 AM

Swinney ranked as a Top 3 CFB head coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty solid list

Jul 7, 2017, 10:46 AM

Hard to argue with where they put anyone. I would think that Fedora, McElwain, Malzahn, Herman, Helton and a few others could all make a case for the back of the list. The top 5 of the list is pretty locked though.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: FB Update: Swinney ranked as a Top 3 CFB head coach

Jul 7, 2017, 10:54 AM

I believe he has beaten Nick and Urban... in the same year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 10:59 AM

The thing they have going for them is a longer period of success. Still, I don't think Dabo has to take a back seat to anybody, and he has done it the right way. I can't speak about that for the others, bu I can say it about Dabo. He is as good as it gets, and I'm proud he's ours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 4:36 PM

Nothing could be less important that a FB game that was won last year or the year before....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 11:47 PM

Oh, sure there are much less important things. Anything dressed in garnet and black, anything with a chicken on it, any diploma with the name of the trade school in cola, etc. I can go on, but the point is made.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 11:15 AM

He'll be # 1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 11:18 AM

He'll be # 1

Jul 7, 2017, 11:30 AM

Hard to argue with Saban at 1. Meyer has always been overrated imo. He has had a longer career but Dabo is clearly better (31-0) right now. Give Dabo one more 10+ win season and they will all put him above Meyer. Another butt kicking of Ohio State in this year's playoffs would be icing on the cake.

Urban had a stretch where he won 3 titles in 8 years of

Jul 7, 2017, 12:10 PM

coaching, and the most recent of those was only 3 years ago. He's also 57-3 in 60 regular season games at Ohio State which is pretty ridiculous. I'd love to be that overrated.

Re: Urban had a stretch where he won 3 titles in 8 years of

Jul 7, 2017, 5:03 PM

Urban has also had the luxury of walking into talent loaded programs plus the big 10 isn't exactly a killers row. Remember Tressel retired because of that scandal. The cupboards were hardly bare. Florida was close to the same. Same argument can be made about Saban. He inherited talented Bama and lsu squads.

Dabo took over a program with a few really good players but had to build it into the dynasty it is becoming. He also didn't have near the experience of the other 2. He created a culture and keeps evolving with it. I'll give lil Nicky number 1 for now but have to put Dabo at 2 due to the head to head match ups. I believe when it's said and done, Dabo will go down as one of the greatest ever.

Go check the history of LSU. They actually weren't in much

Jul 8, 2017, 11:20 AM

better shape than Clemson. They had 7 losing seasons during the decade of the 90s and went 3-8 the year before Saban took over. The one advantage they had was the fertile recruiting ground and lack of in-state competition for that talent. They were probably a bit of a sleeping giant at the time, but Saban fully unlocked all of that potential and did it frighteningly fast. 8 wins and a bowl victory in year 1, a conference title upset (which kept Tenn out of the BCS title game) and a BCS bowl win in year 2, and a national title in year 4.

And Alabama had basically been wallowing around in mediocrity for 15 years before Saban took over. Between their title in 1992 and Saban taking over in 2007, Bama won 1 conference title. Saban won a national title in his 3rd season and has now won 5 SEC titles and 4 national titles in 10 seasons at Bama to go along with his national title at LSU.

What is Dabo's (#3) head-to-head record vs. Meyer (#2)?

Jul 7, 2017, 11:57 AM

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 7, 2017, 12:40 PM

Can't really argue with that.....yet. I will say that what Dabo has done has taken a small school and built the program himself.(don't give me the Bowden did this or that line) The name "Clemson" did not carry as much weight as Bama, Ohio St, or Florida when he arrived. Now it does. He also had to squash the reputation of underachievement we gained under Bowden. All that to say he may #2 right now and #1 in a few years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I'm going to #2 right now***

Jul 7, 2017, 2:36 PM

Jul 7, 2017, 12:59 PM

Remind me again what Harbaugh has won.

The "it's all about me" trophy.***

Jul 7, 2017, 3:57 PM

The "it's all about me" trophy.***

Jul 7, 2017, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney ranked as a Top 3 CFB head coach ]

Jul 7, 2017, 1:04 PM

Don't know what Harbaugh has done to be on the list other than have a sleep over at a recruits house. Give me a break.

Jul 7, 2017, 3:53 PM

He took a long time trash team in Stanford and made them a power won a rose bowl with him. David Shaw wouldn't even be on the list if it wasn't for the foundation he laid at Stanford for him. Plus I give him a little respect by taking a team to super bowl and turning Michigan around pretty fast. I don't think he's up there with Dabo nick urban or fisher bc he hasn't won a natty but he's a good coach can't take that away from him.

5ACC coaches plus ND in the top 23 and 3

Jul 7, 2017, 1:13 PM

In the top 10. Sounds pretty solid.

5ACC coaches plus ND in the top 23 and 3

Jul 7, 2017, 1:13 PM

In the top 10. Sounds pretty solid.

Great ranking according to overall career but

Jul 7, 2017, 2:31 PM

Didn't see SC's HC Musk ranked..at ALL! Ha..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 3:35 PM

Top 3. Definitely. Top 2. Definitely. Better than CITY MEYER. Look at head to head. Isn't this post about current rank? And honestly, none of the top 3 have taken a FBS program to a better headcoach led win and championship record except Saban. Sorry Meyer, you've lost a spot to a better coach. Your Utah and Bowling Green records just don't count here.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 3:57 PM

Yes Dabo has the head to head on Urban Meyer but he has won 2 more national titles and more Bcs bowl wins he has won a major bcs or playoff/natty with every team he has coached except bowling green. He won a sugar bowl with Utah and hasn't lost more than what 2 games while at O310 st. I don't mind Dabo behind him right now but Dabo will pass him sooner rather than later.

How many more seasons has Meyer coached? What is

Jul 7, 2017, 4:00 PM

record head to head?

Jul 7, 2017, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney ranked as a Top 3 CFB head coach ]

Yes Dabo has the head to head on Urban Meyer but he has won 2 more national titles and more Bcs bowl wins he has won a major bcs or playoff/natty with every team he has coached except bowling green. He won a sugar bowl with Utah and hasn't lost more than what 2 games while at O310 st. I don't mind Dabo behind him right now but Dabo will pass him sooner rather than later.

Herman @ 18 w/ Chump @ 50

Jul 7, 2017, 3:59 PM

probably hurt the Coots just as much as Dabo being #3.

50 actually seems a little generous for Muschamp

Jul 8, 2017, 12:00 PM

I think there's enough of a book out of Muschamp to know what you are getting. He's just a below average HC. He's good on the defensive side of the ball, but his offenses have consistently been some of the worst in the country.

I'd rather roll the dice with guys ranked below him like Dino Babers (63rd), Jeff Brohm (66th), or Neal Brown (79th). There's also Butch Davis sitting at 80. He's getting old, but he's hands down better than Muschamp.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic