Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The importance of a fast start Monday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The importance of a fast start Monday.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:51 AM

I believe Clemson offense needs to score on there first position. This is not a game we can start slow. We can go toe to toe and with and beat LSU but we cannot afford to be down 14-21 to nothing. We have to match LSU point by point. And Trust that Brent venables is able to get a stop or two. And force a interception. I do believe the Clemson Tigers will hold up the National championship trophy high on Monday night. But we can’t start slow we can’t get into a 14-21 to nothing hole. Go Tigers. The Clemson Tigers of course

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be surprised if we fall behind by a couple of scores

Jan 11, 2020, 10:54 AM

before coming back to win in the second half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm unfortunately thinking the same thing...

Jan 11, 2020, 10:56 AM

we will be composed because we have been there before and LSU is going to be all hyped up.

They are good, but slow-and-steady will win the day when LSU is spent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly. With two weeks between games, I would

Jan 11, 2020, 11:01 AM

imagine they are doing a slow burn leading up to the game, something that we are much more accustomed to dealing with. With their fans lining the stadium and all of the hype, they will be sky high to start the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I sure hope LSU's coaches have spent countless hours

Jan 11, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Don't be surprised if we fall behind by a couple of scores ]

scripting their first two drives against our defense. I hope they come out looking like they were shot out of a cannon. Hang two quick TD's on us. Then we will adjust and play our game to win. Ohio State came out to perhaps the fastest start against us as anyone has. Didn't mean squat at the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The importance of a fast start Monday.

Jan 11, 2020, 10:57 AM

If we can just be even after the 1st quarter, I'll feel very good.

Hopefully the defense can force a punt on the opening possession.

you’re not wrong. But one thing that I’ve become accustomed to

Jan 11, 2020, 11:12 AM

Is feeling like being down 14 and we are still in it with Deshaun and Trevor. 21 and I think we are done. Obviously I would rather do just as you say. If we could score on the first two possessions it allows us to do things offensively that we can’t do when digging out of a hole. Once we have success in one area of our offense it allows the others to complement. So agree that I would like a fast start with a score but think we are still in it if we are down 14.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fast starts are overrated IMO

Jan 11, 2020, 11:28 AM

No one cares how you start. OSU got off to a fast start, and you could see they tried to do just that. How'd that work out for them?

If you want a fast start, do it on your first drive in the 3rd quarter. It means something then.

The way I see it, a fast start lulls you into complacency. Makes the players think winning will be easy, when they're really just taking advantage of the opposing defenses learning curve with a scripted drive that the coaches have drooled over for WAY too much time in the film room. Then late in the game, that overconfidence comes back to haunt them. I promise that's exactly what happened to Ohio State. I've seen it happen to us a lot too. Just not a fan. Anyone can scheme a fast start and a TD on an opening drive. Meaningless overall because there's 4 quarters. Play your game to their weakness and you dictate the game. Whoever adjusts the best wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2020, 11:41 AM

Earlier in his tenure, Dabo's teams would often ease up after fast starts. That is no longer the case and is no concern at all.

My concern is it seems like the defense needs 2-3 possessions to adjust to the opposing offense. That could be a huge problem against LSU.

Jan 11, 2020, 12:17 PM

We definitely need to start fast. This is going to be a shootout. If we can come out fast and take a decent lead, it might quiet down the Cajuns a bit.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic