Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As an old white man I fear for my life when I...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 515

As an old white man I fear for my life when I...

Aug 31, 2020, 2:10 PM

resist arrest with a deadly weapon in my hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As an old white man I fear for my life when I...

Aug 31, 2020, 4:51 PM

You made me do it again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference being...

Aug 31, 2020, 9:06 PM

the police aren't into profiling and stopping/hassling old white guys for no reason and coming up with BS reasons to search you or your vehicle. After putting up with that for the 10th or 12th time, I bet you would be sorta grumpy (as old white men are known to be from time to time) and might raise your cane in a threatening manner...all she wrote.

Re: The difference being...

Aug 31, 2020, 9:53 PM

TigerBTM said:

the police aren't into profiling and stopping/hassling old white guys for no reason and coming up with BS reasons to search you or your vehicle. After putting up with that for the 10th or 12th time, I bet you would be sorta grumpy (as old white men are known to be from time to time) and might raise your cane in a threatening manner...all she wrote.

So if I looked up your public record I’d find 10-12 criminal acts right? Here is a thought......

Quit commuting F ing crimes! After the first couple you would think you’d learn!

Aug 31, 2020, 10:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcTvKycgKk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 10:41 PM

good stuff

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said anything about a record?

Aug 31, 2020, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: The difference being... ]

Since when does a cop need a reason to pull someone over and harass them? Cops in my hometown used to pull young girls over late at night if they appeared to be by themselves. There are great cops out there...but more really ###### ones than anyone wants to admit.

The idea of Police harassing some large portion of the Black

Sep 1, 2020, 5:39 AM

community, or even just a reasonably large portion of Black men, with 12 or 10 or 8 or 6 or 4 or even 2 "harassing stops" per person is ridiculous in the extreme. There's simply no way that Math works.

Imagine if you will, one your Production leads spending 30 minutes a day on a non-productive endeavors. That's not going to show up?

Imagine a Doctor not seeing patients 30 minutes a day, or a Lawyer not reading material or talking to clients 30 minutes a day. Imagine a service tech not working on Customer's cable for 30 minutes a day. It simply doesn't work. At absolute conservative best, they'd be able to do this once every 3 to 5 days. Otherwise the anomaly will show.

People like Deandre Hopkins, who are already inured of certain extremist ideas, love to latch on to Anecdotal ideas that prove nothing in the General view. They're notable as one-offs; they mean little to nothing as a general trend.

My suggestion to Deandre Hopkins is wipe the dour look off your face, stop trying to be a recalcitrant Black James Dean, and learn to engage the fact that you have an audience that is more than just your home-boys. You just might actually enjoy it.

Here's the Math: there are roughly 44 Black Males over 13 for every Policeman (that's every one, not just simply those that Patrol). That means if every Policeman spent 30 minutes every 3 days harassing someone, he'd be able to harass his "quota" of Black males about 3 times a year. 3 times a year for each black male.

So the point being: if Black males are getting stopped more often than that (and this is completely conservative), then they're likely in high crime areas on a general basis and involved in questionable activity (ex. 3-6am). This would be the general Math - the math is different for inner cities, which is really the issue.

This whole theme has taken on a Life that outstrips the possibility of reality - it's much like the BigFoot stories. The ones who believe are the ones who want to believe. And to be truthful, there's probably more video evidence of Bigfoot.

You can be as sure as you want.

Sep 1, 2020, 12:04 AM [ in reply to The difference being... ]

I would never resist arrest. Justifying violence against authority is uncivilized and immoral and I've seen no circumstance in my life where resisting arrest ever helped anyone.

The concept surely was exemplified in the garden when God asked Adam what had he done. Adam confessed eating of the forbidden tree by saying 'the woman gave it to me,' and 'you gave me the woman.'

Blaming someone else for bad behavior was mocked when I was young. Flip Wilson had a female character he often wore a dress and portrayed, Jeroldine. Her catchphrase was 'Da debil made me do it.' Americans though it was hilarious. Now the transfer of blame to others is SOP. The cops made them riot. The police made them loot stores and burn what was left.

The police are why they throw rocks, bottles and shine permanently blinding lasers at the police. Anyone thinking Americans are buying this rhetoric is going to be rudely awakened come Nov.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 515
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic