Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The good ole days as a broke CU student.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

The good ole days as a broke CU student.

May 4, 2018, 11:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I bet you're still buying a tape every month***

May 4, 2018, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: I bet you're still buying a tape every month***

May 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

All you needed to buy was 8 more in the next 3 years! That's super easy. Just don't forget to return the card declining the "Selection of the Month" every month though. That's where they really get you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or move every semester & get a roomate to sign up again

May 4, 2018, 12:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I'm still getting 33.5s.

May 6, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to I bet you're still buying a tape every month*** ]

I signed up in the sixties when I was 15 yrs old...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

loved

May 4, 2018, 12:54 PM

columbia house - mom didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: loved

May 4, 2018, 9:03 PM

burned them a few times.they never seemed to figure it out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: The good ole days as a broke CU student.

May 4, 2018, 1:06 PM

I was in it before cassettes were the thing. Started my vinyl collection with Columbia. Had to make sure to send the card back to avoid the usually crappy selection of the month, though. Did buy the occasional album from their catalog

May 4, 2018, 1:13 PM

I still have around 300 cassettes. Hate to get rid of them, but with Spotify and Google Play and such where you can stream entire albums, there's probably no point. Same with my old CDs.

I lived in FL when I was a student and had to drive about 12 hours to get back to campus from breaks. I took a LOT of cassettes in the car to keep me occupied during the drive! But now I can play whatever I want from my phone.

Our kids will never know the struggle!

May 4, 2018, 1:42 PM

I didn't read the fine print when I started my album collection. one month later I got the Andy Gibb album, cancelled right away. But what a great day when all those albums came, like Christmas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 9:17 PM

You must be a youngster. WE had 8 tracks tapes.

Image result for 8 track tape player in a car

May 5, 2018, 8:11 AM

81 grad. Nicks! Spent countless hours there. My favorite bar ever, and Nick and Milt my favorite bartenders.

May 5, 2018, 8:26 AM

This is why I had a trust fund and CD player with detachable speakers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had kept every $ I spent

May 5, 2018, 9:14 AM

on 45’s, LPs, 8 Tracks, cassettes, CDs, and downloads, I might be living in a big house driving a Mercedes.

Columbia House made $$ off me at least 4 or 5 different memberships...

...sigh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic