Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The future of the Usuck and Clemson rivalry...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,522

The future of the Usuck and Clemson rivalry...

Jan 3, 2013, 5:28 PM

...as far back as I can remember we have always had better talent. It was even more so during Danny Fords reign but it lasted longer. The coots had a few teams sprinkled out that were almost as good talent wise but they were few and far between. That usually leads to lopsided winning streaks. When Spurrier took over we were still better but he slowly but surely built their team into a force to dealt with. The coots have for the first time I know of, have better talent than we do. We have never seen this before and that is a fact. The problem is...they lost their "a program that can't win' tag and now it's game on for us. This will be a hard fought rivalry from now on. The SEC money is not going anywhere but up and we will not slip even if we stay in the ACC or leave later. We had better get used to Usuck being good because it is what it is. They will have the money, facilities and conference that will pull a big named coach after Spurrier leaves. Now if we can just sit back and wait until we play them again to start 5 thousand threads with something about them. It seems like every other thread is Spurrier, Usuck, Clowney or thugs.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe change your username to #### High?***

Jan 3, 2013, 5:30 PM

Re: maybe change your username to #### High?***

Jan 3, 2013, 6:18 PM

...and yours 1/2cupoff ?....My opinion....you don't have to agree with it. I see reality and while I wear orange...I keep the orange glasses off.

no***

Jan 3, 2013, 5:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

don't think so***

Jan 3, 2013, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Don't recommend holding your breath...Trash talk is what

Jan 3, 2013, 5:37 PM

rival fan bases do. And I wouldn't suggest you stake your life, liberty and fortune, however great or small, on the long term prospects of the South Carolina football program. They may have turned a corner...and they may not have. I've been a witness to 50+ years of both programs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't recommend holding your breath...Trash talk is what

Jan 3, 2013, 6:05 PM

You are living in denial. We had better face up to it. The SEC is supreme and we want to be there for the same reasons. It is a benefit to your program. You are living on the past history and while it was great....it IS history. This streak by the coots will also be history and I don't see it ever being a dominant series for either team again. I see maybe a 2 year run here and there but for the most part it will be even. Reality is hard for some !!!!

I still see these last couple of seasons as the best ever

Jan 3, 2013, 5:45 PM

for the Coots but don't see many more. Don't know if 2013-14 will be the season for them get back to their old ways but it would sure be nice if we had some part in their downward spiral.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still see these last couple of seasons as the best ever

Jan 3, 2013, 8:21 PM

We have to be realistic; this ain't their fathers coot team. They only played one really bad game (vs. FL). When was the last time they had two really good seasons back to back? I still think our beating the LSU thugers got them thinking we won't be down for long.

Whatever, yard buzzard

Jan 3, 2013, 6:05 PM

see.dirt.peck.repeat.

So y'all are saying he's a coot...***

Jan 3, 2013, 7:54 PM

Re: The future of the Usuck and Clemson rivalry...

Jan 3, 2013, 8:01 PM

Rivalry will probably turn very cyclical in the near future. Its not going back to the days of one team dominating. Even our current streak is an abberation. Both schools have a ton invested now and neither has any advantage that is significant enough for that school to pull away. The only thing that could change this is if the administrative eggheads at clemson actually allow yall to stay in a very watered down conference. That would maybe push us ahead by a good margin. Cant see that happening though.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,522
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic