Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calm down, the name of our university isn’t going to be changed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Calm down, the name of our university isn’t going to be changed

Jun 12, 2020, 10:35 PM

“There have been lots of discussions that have taken place and I'm thankful for all of the incredible input and care that our Clemson family shows. First, the Board did make it very clear that this is the one and only exception that they are seeking from the Heritage Act. I know on the campus there is Calhoun Courts residence hall but that's named after a different Calhoun (athlete Pat Calhoun). There is the Calhoun Mansion, which is the Fort Hill Mansion that is on the historic registry. The Board made it very clear with the decision on Tillman Hall that it is the one exception.”

Also, Nuk and Deshaun (like many) see it more as a brand rather than anything to do with Thomas Greene Clemson.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/Clements-thankful-that-Deshaun-Watson-and-Nuk-Hopkins-weighed-in-on-name-change-18846#ixzz6PD0Bx4JJ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calm down, the name of our university isn’t going to be changed

Jun 12, 2020, 10:38 PM

Glad you are so confident..I say it's 50/50 at this point with Clements and the current BOT

Jun 12, 2020, 10:39 PM

Perhaps they prefer to use the brand and not want to change the name today. What about tomorrow? Seems their opinion has some weight. Maybe change to W&H or H&W academy? Who knows what this regime will produce?

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a hypocrite and so is every other name changer

Jun 12, 2020, 10:41 PM

advocate. Clemson and Calhoun were both slave owners. One was no better or worse than the other. This whole thing is so disingenuous and complete bullshat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% accurate...

Jun 13, 2020, 12:25 AM

People need to atleast stay consistent with their convictions. Idk how Clemson has evolved past a name and into a brand (therefore above all this stuff), whenever Im told the Confederate flag still represents slavery versus evolving into a symbol of heritage for so may of us... oh wait, thats right. Victims are more virtuous than we are, so their perspective is all that matters.

Way to celebrate that 5 year blip in time

Jun 13, 2020, 12:37 AM

“Heritage”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think all that was 5yrs, you dont know your history.***

Jun 13, 2020, 12:49 AM

You're right. The hate has lasted much longer.

Jun 13, 2020, 11:00 AM

That’s the “heritage”.

Educate me how the Confederacy lasted more than 5 years? I’ll attempt to listen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The flag represents the South now...

Jun 13, 2020, 12:15 PM

not just the Confederacy. Thats what it means to me and a lot of others. The fight between the North and South started when the country was formed. The issue of slavery was tabled for the sake of bringing the colonies together into an actual nation.

SC threatened secession in the early 1830s. Its a culture, an idea of being separate from big gov't. Southern culture is full of people who want to do their thing and be left alone. Was a lot of that wanting to be left alone to keep slaves, yes. But for us, we've obviously evolved past wanting slaves. The Confederate flag, the statues represent a culture that believe in small gov't, State's rights, and frankly a willingness to fight against a big, over reaching gov't... and quite frankly, the events that have happened lately, thats not looking like its the worst thing ever.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:41 PM

All it is is a brand now. I feel 99% sure it will never change in my remaining years of life. I should have 30 to 50 years left in life. I think it's funny that people even worry about it. It is a valuable brand.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:53 PM

And that’s the only reason they did what they did today. To protect the brand. This was not about what you think was the right thing to do. This was about protecting the brand, the football team and the millions of dollars they bring in. Don’t kid yourself with this social justice nonsense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, again, the "Brand" is more important. You really...

Jun 12, 2020, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Calm down, the name of our university isn’t going to be changed ]

...need to decide where you want to dig in your heels. Cause Thomas G. Clemson ain't becoming a non-slave owner anytime soon. But, it's a "valuable brand". Not #AllINWoke.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

No different than Nuk...

Jun 13, 2020, 12:52 AM

Didnt mind the scholarship money and convenient drive home. But once he left he had real issue with Clemson. These convictions only run as deep as their convenience.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:42 PM

I’m sure everyone saw Tillman hall as the focal point of the university vs the man. Until they were told that they should be offended.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 10:50 PM

It absolutely should be changed.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:48 PM

There is a proposal by the General Assembly to here by rename Clemson The University of South Carolina at Clemson.This way Clemson is no longer the Official name and the coots can claim all 3 of our National Championships.
This article was supposed to be the front page story of The State on April 1st,but somehow got moved to the Want Ad section.

Jun 13, 2020, 11:07 AM

I am 100% certain that if hundreds of BLM mercenaries came to campus, started protesting, called for a nationwide boycott of all things Clemson, and wouldn't leave until we conceeded to change anything they wanted, we would cave. Gutless is gutless.

Jun 13, 2020, 12:20 PM

You are correct.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic