Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The first of many to point out the obvious. "Staggering."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

The first of many to point out the obvious. "Staggering."

May 24, 2018, 4:02 PM

Cue up the 'attack James Clapper chorus".

(James Clapper, Former Lt. General, served in Intelligence in South East Asia, received 2 bronze stars, 3 Legion of Merits and 2 Air Medals. Promoted to General under Reagan, served under 5 Presidents, former Director of Defense Intelligence Agency.)

“Of course, the Russian efforts affected the outcome. Surprising even themselves, they swung the election to a Trump win. To conclude otherwise stretches logic, common sense and credulity to the breaking point. Less than eighty thousand votes in three key states swung the election. I have no doubt that more votes than that were influenced by this massive effort by the Russians.”

http://www.newsweek.com/evidence-russia-tipped-election-trump-staggering-says-former-us-intel-chief-940086

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TLDR

May 24, 2018, 4:27 PM

Another one of Obama's Henchmen, Fake news.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TLDR

May 24, 2018, 4:35 PM

True...Hillary uranium something, something....that's the real story here!

May 24, 2018, 11:32 PM

The real story is Hilary never dreamed anyone would ever have to answer for Uranium One nor would she answer for the Clinton Foundation pay for play and money laundering scheme. Once she screwed the pooch Russia-Trump Collusion was created. First a Maltese professor was sent to Papodopoulos to start a conversation about Russia having dirt on Clinton, emails sent to Trump Jr by two Brit brothers promising dirt on Clinton and then a Russian lawyer showing up instead. Hilary and the DBC paying Christopher Steele to write a new research paper on Trump full of lies that he never mentioned to the Republicans in the research he did for them. Steele never even went to Russia to speak with his "contacts". And why would Russia let it be known they had dirt on Trump that they were blackmailing him with? Since the contents of the dossier were made public, any power the contents might have had were lost. Having a sitting US President in your pocket is the ultimate coup. To think Russian agents would let Christopher Steele in on it is beyons ridiculous. Now Mueller is no longer looking into Trump's campaign colluding with Russia because there was none. All he is doing is looking for ways to discredit Trump in hopes the Dems can win the house and start impeachment hearings and save Hilary, Comey,vetc. and ultimately Obama. It won't do them any good because it will never get through the Senate. James Clapper is a lying piece of feces.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 9:14 AM

You, sir, have watched way too much FoxFakeNews. (Satan) Hannity is leading you into the abyss of believing his insane utterances that have no (i.e., zero) basis in fact.
History will look back on Hannity (and his errand boy, Nunez) as lying slimeballs doing their dirty work for pay, as directed by TheRump's team of butt-shiners.
But, TheRump family have been laundering money for the Russian mafia (that's a felony) and they will all go to jail, including (the new Orange is the new Black star) Ivanka.
This will be fun!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're telling me that many people were on the fence about

May 24, 2018, 4:29 PM

who they wanted in office, but a facebook ad changed their mind?

C'mon man.

Maybe, just maybe, people wanted a change.

Are you making the argument that advertising doesn't

May 24, 2018, 4:30 PM

influence decision making? Just wanted to clarify.

I love that guy and everything

May 24, 2018, 4:32 PM

but IE would make the argument that rain didn't come from the cloud overhead since you didn't see it leave the cloud if it meant he could have an argument.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOT?***

May 24, 2018, 4:35 PM

Are you saying that Facebook ads changed the minds of enough

May 24, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Are you making the argument that advertising doesn't ]

people to change an election?

That so many people were easily swayed, to vote for someone over another, who were polar opposites?

I don't think anyone is that easily swayed. I'd say pretty early on a majority of people knew which "side" they wanted. A Facebook advertisement wasn't going to change that.

I don't even do Facebook; I don't remember seeing many, if any, Donald Trump ads.

We're talking about 80,000 votes or so that decided the

May 24, 2018, 4:39 PM

election.

Out of 130 million voters, that works out to around 0.06% of the electorate.

130 million people voted in mich,wisc,and penn***

May 24, 2018, 4:49 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Around 14 million in those states. 0.58% of voters***

May 24, 2018, 4:54 PM

Check your math on that one; 14 million is almost 11% of 130

May 24, 2018, 5:00 PM

million

Bruh...***

May 24, 2018, 5:03 PM

math bruh

May 24, 2018, 5:07 PM

Hey Siri, what percentage of 14 million is 80,000?***

May 24, 2018, 6:02 PM

Re: math bruh

May 24, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to math bruh ]

80,000 is .0571% of 14 million.

Re: math bruh

May 24, 2018, 8:19 PM

80,000 is 0.571% of 14 million.

80,000 / 14,000,000 = 0.0057142857142857

Now move that decimal over to the right 2 places. Two places only. ;)

math bruh.

Only 71,946 people off. Close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WhiteBruh (Robertn) and FeelLicks

May 28, 2018, 8:57 AM

Armadillos aside the highway...lol

-Dic

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Looks like if they were swayed, they are still generally

May 24, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to We're talking about 80,000 votes or so that decided the ]

happy about how they voted.

Makes me wonder how much they were really swayed.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/reluctant-trump-voters-swung-the-election-heres-how-they-think-hes-doing/

Now those goalposts have wheels!***

May 24, 2018, 5:05 PM

Nope, still the same.

May 24, 2018, 5:11 PM

Did you read the article at all?

Who are the reluctant Trump voters? Like most Trump supporters, they are overwhelmingly white — 85 percent — and middle age and older. Forty-three percent of reluctant Trumpers were 55 or older, as were 49 percent of other Trump voters.

The biggest difference between the two groups is education level: 37 percent of reluctant Trumpers had at least a college degree, while only 25 percent of other Trump supporters had a college or postgraduate degree.

So you're saying that presumably, the smartest of the Trump voters were swayed--and I stress--by facebook ads.

Not only do I doubt, I just don't believe it.

I also can't believe you're still gnashing your teeth about it 17 months later.

We’re not talking about large percentages here.***

May 24, 2018, 5:48 PM

So you disagree with Hillary why she lost?

May 24, 2018, 10:43 PM

You know better than she does. That’s rather presumptuous, no?

Re: Looks like if they were swayed, they are still generally

May 24, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Looks like if they were swayed, they are still generally ]

That article is over a year old. It was written a few months after Inauguration.

Ask them now...

Considering his approval rating has only gone up since then

May 24, 2018, 10:56 PM

I’d think it would even be a higher number..

I’m just waiting for the Hitler comparisons again.

Re: Are you saying that Facebook ads changed the minds of enough

May 25, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Are you saying that Facebook ads changed the minds of enough ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Man-cmon-23543522#23543522

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Makes very little difference to me.

May 24, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Are you making the argument that advertising doesn't ]

I've never clicked an internet ad, or purchased anything from an internet ad. I go to Amazon for a product, find it, look at several, read reviews and prices, then buy. NEVER clicked on a random ad. Ever.

Never replied to a spam email either. Never let the Microsoft Security guy on the phone take over my PC. Never let Rachael with Cardholder Services lower my interest rates on my credit card. Never purchased anything from a phone solicitation. Never purchased anything from junkmail in my mailbox either.

Word of mouth, or seeing a product. That's how I decide.

FWIW, I would think the Russians would have a much better shot swaying the 2000 election since the difference was just a few hundred votes. I also think Americans themselves provide far more political trollery on social media than the Rissians could ever hope for.

Nope. Americans rejected Hillary. Live with it. They also rejected the GOP as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Makes very little difference to me.

May 24, 2018, 6:34 PM

You are heavily influenced by advertising (online and otherwise) to the point that your decisions depend on them. If you had to actually click on an ad to be influenced by it, there would be no online advertising and thus, there would be basically nothing on the internet.

I've long said if everyone was like me

May 24, 2018, 7:15 PM

There would be no credit cards, no spam email, no telemarketers, and no internet as we know it.

I'm glad there are people who run balances on credit cards though, and people who click internet ads. People who fall for spam email and telemarketers should be shot though.

Re: You're telling me that many people were on the fence about

May 24, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to You're telling me that many people were on the fence about ]

The put out over a million tweets. Facebook and twitter have state that the fake ads, bots..etc reached over 126 million Americans.

Further, do you think the FBI's reopening the Clinton investigation 11 days prior to the election sway any voters? Comey, Trump's favorite enemy did him that solid.

More confusing to me is Trump and his followers hatred for Andrew McCabe. The thing that he did that the IG criticized was his giving information to the media. What information did McCabe release to the media that he shouldn't have you might ask? He informed the media that the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation right before the election. Still don't understand why Trump hates Comey and McCabe they were the 2 best men on his team. :)

Which part do you want to discuss?

May 24, 2018, 5:04 PM

Hillary said she lost the election because of Comey..not ads.

hillary lost because women were afraid of their husbands***

May 24, 2018, 5:17 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're telling me that many people were on the fence about

May 24, 2018, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: You're telling me that many people were on the fence about ]

Mark Zuckerberg himself said that the vast majority of those Facebook ads were not seen until after the election.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I don't think the article mentions Facebook.

May 24, 2018, 11:11 PM [ in reply to You're telling me that many people were on the fence about ]

But it does reference the concentrated effort to create and spread fake news to influence the election by Russian officials. Remember, "fake news" is actually something that was discovered shortly after the election, and the Trump team quickly adopted the term and accused real news media of being that to deflect attention away from the Russians.

False and misleading information can sway people, particularly the gullible ones, and that might have been enough.

Doesn't it concern you that this happened/is happening?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Well, I don't think the article mentions Facebook.

May 24, 2018, 11:47 PM

It concerns me that Russia has the balls to try and sew chaos into our election. It concerns me more that the Dems are using Russia's hubris as part of an elaborate lie to falsley accuse a duly elected President and his campaign of abetting the Russians. What worries me most is the millions of idiots who gave bought into the lie. This country is phucked if Trump doesn't prevail.

Re: Well, I don't think the article mentions Facebook.

May 25, 2018, 8:48 AM

"It concerns me more that the Dems are using Russia's hubris as part of an elaborate lie to falsley accuse a duly elected President and his campaign of abetting the Russians."

You have no proof that it's a lie nor does anyone else. You've only chosen to think it's a lie. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. We don't know yet.

I really think it was the bumper stickers & ball caps

May 24, 2018, 5:34 PM

that swayed the public to swing to Trump...but I don't know many Russians. Seen a lot of movies about them...saw a lot of them when in the US Navy too....but from what I hear they are, well, Russians.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Had to have been the Facebook ads.

May 24, 2018, 5:40 PM

Because stupid people would be swayed by Facebook. And anyone who wanted someone (anyone) other than Hillary is stupid.

You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating

May 24, 2018, 6:08 PM

from the OP a whole host of different conclusions.

It really isn’t hard to believe that the president was legitimately elected and that the Russians had an influence.

If folks weren’t swayed by advertising, why campaign at all?

Re: You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating

May 24, 2018, 6:35 PM

It's stunning that after there have been so many studies showing that we're slaves to advertising, so many people think they're immune.

Kind of funny really, that people think they're such independent thinkers.

May 24, 2018, 6:41 PM

CU17® said:

It's stunning that after there have been so many studies showing that we're slaves to advertising, so many people think they're immune.

Kind of funny really, that people think they're such independent thinkers.

For Trump supporters, advertising only works for things they like. It's useless when it comes to Trump or Clinton.

retardrobert is hurting***

May 24, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Yeah, I’m angry about it. I’m personally invested.

May 24, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating ]

So much so, I didn’t even vote,

I just think it’s dumb to place so much importance on social media advertising.

If advertising matters that much, I’d say it was a massive waste of money if you are looking at the actual results of all that advertising:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2016/03/07/the-2016-presidential-money-race

Man, c'mon.

May 25, 2018, 8:52 AM

Advertising is huge. Let's not even talk about Russia, okay? Let me just make this case.

Chick-fil-A used to be a little food court restaurant in the 80s and 90s, remember? When they brought on the cow campaign, their market soared. Today, about 20 years later, they are the favorite fast food restaurant in almost every single state (only like 5 don't list it as the favorite).

When Dos Equis ran the Most Interesting Man in the World commercials, foreign beer sales in the U.S. had dropped 4 percent. However, Dos Equis' sales spiked 22 percent after the campaign was introduced.

Our modern day image of Santa Claus came from Coca-Cola advertising.

Advertising works, and done effectively, it works very, very well. So it's not outrageous to think it could sway an election.

Hell, people have been swaying elections with advertising for years.

I think there's some expansive middle ground here between

May 25, 2018, 9:17 AM

"It absolutely works/worked" and "It doesn't work".

In that middle ground are stupid people who are easily swayed by anything that seems popular (making your argument), and also in that middle ground is the fact that for most reasonable people, deciding what you eat for lunch or what beer you drink =/= choosing the leader of your country (making IE's argument).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look at the amount of money Hillary spent vs what Trump

May 25, 2018, 12:36 PM

Spent. If it works as well as Catahoula says for everything...then what happened?

Trump got creative.

May 25, 2018, 12:40 PM

https://www.mediaquant.net/2016/11/a-media-post-mortem-on-the-2016-presidential-election/

Interesting read.

Great advertising ain't about the money. It's the message.***

May 25, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to look at the amount of money Hillary spent vs what Trump ]

Well, we know we had two garbage candidates

May 25, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to I think there's some expansive middle ground here between ]

And a lot of smart Americans were on the fence. Perhaps a lot of negative ads on Hillary frightened them enough to stay away from her.

Yeah, it was the ads.

May 25, 2018, 1:54 PM

Jennifer Lawrence ok.gif

Re: Well, we know we had two garbage candidates

May 26, 2018, 2:56 AM [ in reply to Well, we know we had two garbage candidates ]

Is it possible that ads swayed people from voting for Trump?

I don’t go to CFA every week because of their advertising

May 25, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Man, c'mon. ]

Nobody else does either. The food ain’t bad and the service is almost always invariably excellent, from store to store.

That’s a #### poor example.

Now you're just being silly. Nobody eats at Chick-fil-A

May 25, 2018, 12:55 PM

because of their advertising?

I’ve never ever in my life heard someone say they wanted

May 25, 2018, 1:56 PM

CFA because of the funny cows and their bad spelling. Have you?

5 year old don’t count.

I can’t tell if you’re just trolling at this point.

May 25, 2018, 2:07 PM

I’ll go ahead and phone the CFA corporate office and tell them how they can save millions.

Re: I’ve never ever in my life heard someone say they wanted

May 25, 2018, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I’ve never ever in my life heard someone say they wanted ]

Lmao @ this hot take

You better believe that 5 year old counts.

May 25, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to I’ve never ever in my life heard someone say they wanted ]

Because there are parents attached to that 5 year old who would rather go to the restaurant than listen to the melt down.

Re: I don’t go to CFA every week because of their advertising

May 25, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I don’t go to CFA every week because of their advertising ]

Do you think Coca Cola spends billions on advertising every year just to reach the 3 people who haven't heard of Coca Cola before that?

Do you know anyone who drinks Coke because of the ads?***

May 25, 2018, 1:57 PM

Re: Do you know anyone who drinks Coke because of the ads?***

May 25, 2018, 2:02 PM

Just about everyone who's ever drank a Coke.

Why exactly do you think companies advertise?

Re: Do you know anyone who drinks Coke because of the ads?***

May 25, 2018, 2:49 PM

Yea I drink Mountain Dew because Dale Jr. used to have it plastered all over his car....

Eye roll.gif

There are a lot of guys who have your mentality towards...

May 25, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Do you know anyone who drinks Coke because of the ads?*** ]

Advertising and marketing, and they didn't put any money or attention into it with their business, and now they're sitting around today wondering why their businesses failed.

You are so blatantly wrong here that it's painful to note.

May 25, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I don’t go to CFA every week because of their advertising ]

And using anecdotal, assumptive evidence as if it's fact.

Listen, man. Do you not remember how small Chick was back in the day? I could only get it as a kid if my mom drove across town to the mall.

Chick-fil-A's marketing campaign is one of the greatest success stories in American history. They were a small time food court joint that went head to head with the burger juggernauts--and won--due to their genius marketing.

Maybe you don't eat at Chick fil A because of that. Hell, I don't know how old you are, so maybe you loved Chick as a kid when it was just a little shop in the mall. But if you aren't very old, yeah, this campaign worked on you.

And it certainly worked on millions upon millions of Americans.

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/chicken-beef-untold-story-chick-fil-cow-campaign-171834/

so how are you equating this to trump ads?

May 26, 2018, 1:31 PM

Was trumps advertising, that he barely spent any money on, so much better than Hillary’s?

I can’t believe y’all are still so upset about the result so long after the election that you’re still making up reasons she lost.

Message was edited by: Ineligible user®

May 24, 2018, 11:51 PM [ in reply to You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating ]

Hillary Clinton spent $81 million on Facebook ads. Are you saying $100,000 spent by Russia of which only $46,000 was spent pre election swayed enough people to change the outcome of the election?

I doubt you’ll get a response***

May 25, 2018, 12:42 PM

May 25, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating ]

Your post would make sense if the only Russian influence was Facebook ads that were purchased. There were whole offices in Russia tasked with spreading disinformation in America.

May 26, 2018, 2:59 AM

That is true but their disinformation was not designed to favor any particular candidate. It was designed to create discord and this board is proof they were successful.

Maybe Hillary should have campaigned in those states....***

May 26, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to You seem to be taking this personally. Extrapolating ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had to have been the Facebook ads.

May 24, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Had to have been the Facebook ads. ]

Because stupid people would be swayed by Facebook. And anyone who wanted someone (anyone) other than Hillary is stupid.

Maybe I'm not typing loud enough. "The put out over a million tweets. Facebook and twitter have state that the fake ads, bots..etc reached over 126 million Americans."

Besides, there are a lot of stupid people in this country. Some of them voted for Hillary. Some of them voted for Trump.

May 24, 2018, 6:57 PM

And being stupid has nothing to do with the influence of advertising.

Also, it seems to have little to do with believing nonsense on today's world. My dentist believes Obama was sworn in on a Quran.

I have a buddy who graduated from UVA with pretty much...

May 24, 2018, 7:05 PM

all A's. He has killed it in Charleston with real estate. Anyway, he read something online and now he honestly believes that Michelle Obama is really a transvestite. I won't even talk to him about it. I am not sure how he thinks the Obama kids were born.

After a quick Google search it comes up right a way...

May 24, 2018, 8:28 PM

that Alex Jones is claiming that he has proof that Michelle Obama is really a man. That's probably where my buddy got the idea.

i've called this a trump experiment from day 1

May 24, 2018, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Had to have been the Facebook ads. ]

russians swaying the election
special counsel investigating everyone they can, and being questioned on the validity of the scope
fake news
but but but hilary emails investigation being questioned
pron star affairs
a spy in a campaign
politicized FBI being used to influence

no matter which side you are on, there seems to be a lot of corruption at the highest level being investigated/exposed.

if anything this should cause everyone to actually think a little bit about what they read and hear on the news and do some research of their own and not just believe every meme/tweet that their cousin posts online

hopefully this finally brings to light that DC is corrupt AF on both sides and it goes deeper than politicians and can get fixed without crushing the country.

someone already mentioned that this vote is a big middle finger to hilary and the establishment GOP. that says a lot about how people feel.

maybe my tinfoil hat is a little tight

May 26, 2018, 3:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Had to have been the Facebook ads. ]

Who reads every tweet that shows up on their page. Who has their perspective changed by everything they read?

Fagper cant get his stories straight...l0l!!***

May 24, 2018, 8:29 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Fagper cant get his stories straight...l0l!!******

May 24, 2018, 9:23 PM

Re: The first of many to point out the obvious. "Staggering."

May 24, 2018, 11:09 PM

What was their massive effort, $46,000 in Facebook ads that were actually seen before the election? The Podesta and DNC hacks were never proven to be done by Russia.
Clapper is just covering for his buddy Brennan.

And now we’re just making things up.***

May 24, 2018, 11:24 PM

Re: And now we’re just making things up.***

May 24, 2018, 11:27 PM

sources say "The Podesta and DNC hacks were never proven to be done by Russia.
Clapper is just covering for his buddy Brennan."

Wasn’t just the Facebook ad buys. US citizens were

May 24, 2018, 11:28 PM [ in reply to And now we’re just making things up.*** ]

paid to stage rallys and troll farms and bots were flooding social media sites.

Re: Wasn’t just the Facebook ad buys. US citizens were

May 26, 2018, 3:02 AM

Have you forgotten the Soros funded shatt stirrers at Trump rallies? Russian efforts did not favor any particular candidate. It was ained at sowing discord period and it worked.

Selling bream eggs as caviar...

May 28, 2018, 8:52 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic