Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Willy Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Willy Brice

Dec 8, 2013, 12:51 AM

Just got home from willy Brice stadium. Got to watch Daniel play for the state title, but that was my first trip to a college stadium outside of Death Valley. Needless to say, i was very disappointed that I have family and friends that worship that dump! Outside of their scoreboard and other endzone, It was awful! Made me realize how blessed us clemson fans really are! Proud to be a tiger, and I can't wait till we put the coots back where they belong! Go tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That scoreboard is pretty bad ### I have to admit

Dec 8, 2013, 12:55 AM

I went to the UF game there and that scoreboard is crazy. They were playing the AU / UGA game in full screen on there and it was pretty awesome. I don't think that size of one would work for our stadium though. Would take away too much from the look and feel we've got going on.

It's pretty cool

Dec 8, 2013, 12:58 AM

but the big tv in the basement I'm living in makes my pad look really cool too.

Re: That scoreboard is pretty bad ### I have to admit

Dec 8, 2013, 12:58 AM [ in reply to That scoreboard is pretty bad ### I have to admit ]

Sad that all they have is a score board..... But I wouldn't change a thing about DV! Maybe add some seats up behind the student and band sections. I don't know how that would work though. But leave our scoreboard like it is, and everything else like it is! If it ain't broke, why fix it!? Can't fix perfect!

Delapidated warehouses and filth doesn't impress you?***

Dec 8, 2013, 12:57 AM

As nasty as it looks on sunny day, it had to look awful 2day***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:04 AM

Re: Delapidated warehouses and filth doesn't impress you?***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Delapidated warehouses and filth doesn't impress you?*** ]

you really haven't been there in some time have you?

Last Saturday.***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 AM

What were you disappointed with?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:00 AM

Curious as to what about DV is better?

Re: What were you disappointed with?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:03 AM

Well first off, in DV, when we go to the bathroom, we don't have to pee in a horse trough...... Our stalls are big enough for a full person to walk in... Concessions and all that is horrendous looking. Y'all got drainage issues, so with little rain, it feels like you walking through lake hartwell... It's in the middle of the hood... Want me to go any further?

Get stage fright?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:05 AM

I can see how that would ruin it for you though.

Re: Get stage fright?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 AM

Nope not at all. Just wonder why USCjr don't use that big sec money to buy some post 1890s toilets and urinals to put in their bathrooms.. I give y'all credit though, at least y'all using the horse trough rather than peeing on public streets still! But there is no comparison in Williams Brice and Death Valley. Not even close!

Troughs are much quicker

Dec 8, 2013, 1:13 AM

I hope we never change those.

I get it you're just going to be incredibly biased about your home stadium. Fair enough. I can't expect you to be objective.

Re: Troughs are much quicker

Dec 8, 2013, 1:16 AM

I honestly tried to give y'all a non biased opinion so to speak. And I saw things in y'all's that were nicer than ours in some ways, and vice versa. So I I'did try not to be biased..... It's all in what color glasses your wearing i guess.

They're both large concrete structures

Dec 8, 2013, 1:18 AM

trying to pretend one is significantly better than the other is foolish.

Re: They're both large concrete structures

Dec 8, 2013, 1:33 AM

I think this basically speaks for itself...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What am I supposed to be noticing in those pictures?***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:35 AM

Re: What am I supposed to be noticing in those pictures?***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:37 AM

teenage wasteland

Re: What am I supposed to be noticing in those pictures?***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:37 AM [ in reply to What am I supposed to be noticing in those pictures?*** ]

Green acres vs. ###### asphalt jungles
Hope that helps mf

I am admittedly not an architect

Dec 8, 2013, 1:38 AM

but I don't believe the grass around the stadium is actually part of the structure.

It's like saying, "My trailer looks awesome because there is a BMW parked in front."

Anybody get shot in 5 points tonight?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:41 AM

Answer: probably

Re: I am admittedly not an architect

Dec 8, 2013, 1:46 AM [ in reply to I am admittedly not an architect ]

It may not be a part of the structure, but it's like what I've always been told. How you keep your outward appearance is a sign of how you are on the inside.. My grandmother always said something along those lines. But if the outside ain't appealing, then why would people want to see the inside?! I will say that willy b is the nicest part of Columbia.... That ain't sayin much, but I'll give the coots that!

You can park your trailer in Clemson or next to Olympia high

Dec 8, 2013, 1:46 AM [ in reply to I am admittedly not an architect ]

School: Location, location, location

Ever heard of curb appeal? You don't build a palace

Dec 8, 2013, 1:50 AM [ in reply to I am admittedly not an architect ]

overlooking the city dump.

HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you see,

Dec 8, 2013, 1:45 AM [ in reply to What am I supposed to be noticing in those pictures?*** ]

The large, green objects surrounding Memorial Stadium are called "trees", or, "foliage." These "trees" are rather pleasant, as they provide shade, color, and and a feeling of natural pleasantness to areas they occupy.

The gray material surrounding Williams Brice is called "concrete." Concrete is defined as "composite material composed of coarse granular material embedded in a hard matrix of material (the cement or binder) that fills the space among the aggregate particles and glues them together." Concrete is typically cold and rather unpleasant, and mass amounts of concrete structures are typically referred to as "eyesores."

While both stadiums are made of this concrete material, it can hardly be denied that Clemson's Memorial Stadium has the more pleasant looking surroundings.

If appearance isn't enough, then see this...http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14765626

out of curiosity, would you please get current pictures?

Dec 8, 2013, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: They're both large concrete structures ]

The industrial knock on USC used to fit, but I doubt it still does.

He gave you several valid reasons***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Troughs are much quicker ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The troughs are more efficient.

Dec 8, 2013, 2:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Get stage fright? ]

Love when a bar has troughs, makes everyone move through much faster. Can have more people going at once. Individual urinals slow things down.

Re: Get stage fright?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Get stage fright? ]

I am a Gamecock thru and thru but I must agree about the restrooms....pure out of date and needs to be redone....concession area is not great either. The rest of WB is as good as any in the country.

Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: What were you disappointed with? ]

What "hood" is it in the middle of? The $1200/month condos surrounding the stadium now?

Um, hello...

Dec 8, 2013, 1:36 AM

http://news.midlandscrimestoppers.com/2011/11/stabbing-at-pre-game-tailgate-outside.html

http://www.dailygamecock.com/article/2013/11/crime-blotter-for-oct-28-to-nov-8

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g54184-d3195156-r135155288-Five_Points-Columbia_South_Carolina.html

Take yer pick...."you can deny a lie, but you can't deny the truth!"

Re: My biggest concern......Hepatitis B

Dec 8, 2013, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: What were you disappointed with? ]

and the other communicable diseases you guys carry.

Dec 8, 2013, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: What were you disappointed with? ]

We just got spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart for the 5th consecutive year and all you got is that our urinals our better than theirs...

Dec 8, 2013, 1:27 AM

If you read one of my previous comments, you would have seen a list of stuff I got from there. I could keep going, but their urinals basically sums up their stadium....

Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 AM [ in reply to What were you disappointed with? ]

Pretty much everything.

No comparison....sorry

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I use this logic

Dec 8, 2013, 1:11 AM

Saluda > New York City?

Well we all know what Coot logic gets us don't we?

Death Valley > Willy B

You know it, we know it, and anyone who knows or appreciates college football knows it.

I've been to New York City and I was at that dump Williams Brice

Dec 8, 2013, 1:55 AM [ in reply to If I use this logic ]

last Saturday.

I know New York, I've been to New York, I have friends in New York. sir, Olympia is no New York.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think it's unimpressive now, you should've seen it

Dec 8, 2013, 1:03 AM

before Spurrier forced them to use that SEC money to make some improvements. SCar was long considered to have some of the worst facilities in the SEC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you think it's unimpressive now, you should've seen it

Dec 8, 2013, 1:08 AM

I guess we said the same type things when we use to lose to ya'll. Glad we don't have to do that anymore!

Doubtful. You couldn't talk academics, campus life, etc

Dec 8, 2013, 1:16 AM

because at least 50% of your student body couldn't get into Clemson. Also, we don't have gangbangers terrorizing our students

Re: If you think it's unimpressive now, you should've seen it

Dec 8, 2013, 1:36 AM [ in reply to Re: If you think it's unimpressive now, you should've seen it ]

espn: scar 12th out of 14 sec teams for facilities
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/62093/ranking-the-secs-football-facilities

saturday down south: scar 9th out of 14 sec stadiums
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/sec-football-stadiums/

If these were written 10 years ago, SCar would fare even worse. Your indoor facility is still a joke, and the above articles don't even mention what a dump Columbia is at its best (and WillyB is hardly in the best part of Cola).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 8, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: If you think it's unimpressive now, you should've seen it ]

I actually probably kno that stadium better than 99% on this board

Dec 8, 2013, 1:12 AM

And it's alright. Not bad not great. West upper is an eye sore. New big screen is really nice. South endzone VIP is nice but don't know how the west zone really compares. The press boxes are a little old but that probably true of most stadiums that aren't brand new. I would say acess overall is ok. But the concessions overall is pretty bad from a cleanliness standpoint. Anyway nothin to really fight over. Death Valley is a way better gameday experience.

It's in the hood

Dec 8, 2013, 1:12 AM

I live here, drive by it everyday. It's a dump. But Clemson is really beautiful. You can see lakes and mountains from atop the stadium

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May not have to go back for that purpose ever. About

midseason, Coot fans informed me that WB wanted money to hold high school FB playoffs there. They finally dropped it but the story's not over. Clemson doesn't charge and hasn't even threatened to do so. Next season I think we host the playoffs. 2015 may be a new location.

Re: Willy Brice

Dec 8, 2013, 1:17 AM

To be fair, it is surrounded by $hit-so that makes it seem better than it really is.

Surrounding area around Death Valley

Dec 8, 2013, 1:20 AM

is 100% nicer. Stadiums themselves are stadiums that hold a lot of people

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The fairest assessment is

Dec 8, 2013, 1:22 AM

that Carolina's is nicer with the video board and upper decks that connect to the lower decks.

Clemson's is nicer in the surrounding area.

Why would connecting upper and lower decks matter?

Dec 8, 2013, 1:53 AM

Serious question.....Just wondering how that makes it better

Re: The fairest assessment is

Dec 8, 2013, 2:33 AM [ in reply to The fairest assessment is ]

Fair enough. I don't want your video board or stadium but you don't want to be out in our "cow pastures" or whatever you think Clemson is. That's a rivalry, I don't want what you have, you don't want what we have.

Video board is nice

Dec 8, 2013, 1:26 AM

But the west lowers look like they have been there since the 30s. Hedges are also a nice touch even if you stole them. Got to give then credit for being a previously concrete dump they are trying and making improvements. Now if only their fans would try to make it a welcoming and fun college gameday environment.

Re: I was there pulling for our Lions tonight too.

Dec 8, 2013, 2:31 AM

At the risk of being pulled into the pi$$#ng contest going on here.....I thought William-Brice Stadium itself was kind of cool. The neighborhood left something to be desired but I didn't find it to be as bad as I've been led to believe. The scoreboard was nice! (And) I thought the Stadium looked good lit up at night. It's different than DV but that doesn't make it awful. The hatred between the fans on the message boards gets to be a little old sometimes. Life's to short to waste so much energy tearing someone else down.
For now my biggest concern is my broken hearted son and his teammates who played like men out there tonight. I could not be more proud.

Dec 8, 2013, 9:59 AM

Our boys played a heck of a game. Didn't help that the refs didn't call a hold the whole game when it was needed most of the night, and missed several other calls... And then coach rob goin for it instead of kicking the field goal the first drive of the2nd half. But they played their hearts out! Couldn't be more proud of them! 14-1 is very impressive!

Dec 8, 2013, 3:49 PM

You're spot on Clemson2821! The officiating left a lot to be desired. It's impossible for a O-line to give a QB that much time without holding! They missed some pass interference calls too!

If the 4th down call works coach Rob is a hero! Coaching at any level is a rough profession!
How about our Defense tonight? Those boys were on the field all night and never quit fighting! (Tough kids!)

The one play I wish we could do again was the under thrown ball (interception) to Chuck #40. He was 5 yards ahead of the defender and had to comeback to even have a chance. He still almost wrestled it away from the Myrtle Beach player.
14-1 and 26-3 last two years is outstanding! Now it's time to find the right college for my son to play for! :)

Dec 8, 2013, 9:09 PM

I agree! Horrible officiating by the refs all the way around! There were several plays that coulda changed the outcome, but either way I'm proud of them all! Who is your son? I played ball with a lot of the guys! Really hate to see this senior class go!

Great post

Dec 8, 2013, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I was there pulling for our Lions tonight too. ]

at night you can look out and see the city of Columbia. It's a cool sight.

Dec 8, 2013, 5:17 AM

Klempson Hillbillies really do believe football is played in a pasture. So nice Williams Brice is a dream compared to Death Pastures in Pickens County. 5 n a row by 10 points or more is called complete domination.

willy brice

Dec 8, 2013, 6:29 AM

Is in the ghetto. Coots are just mad that they beat us and we are still going to a bcs bowl. Lol

^^^Columbia^^^

Dec 8, 2013, 11:46 AM

Oh boy gimme summa that!!

Columbia, aka the armpit of the South***

Dec 8, 2013, 11:57 AM

Dec 8, 2013, 4:02 PM

Wow...those are $1200/month....I guess $1200 doesn't buy much these days!

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic