Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While the US total COVID deaths are in nursing homes (41%), in Canada it’s..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 364

While the US total COVID deaths are in nursing homes (41%), in Canada it’s..

Jun 25, 2020, 10:09 AM

a staggering 82% of all deaths..ranked worse in World!

Ireland is 2nd worse @ 62% of all deaths being in nursing homes and France being 51%.

England & Germany it’s High 30’s.

From WSJ today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While the US total COVID deaths are in nursing homes (41%), in Canada it’s..

Jun 25, 2020, 10:11 AM

Finally, been desperately needing something to start clearing out some of the early Boomers.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Social Security is becoming more stable by the day***

Jun 25, 2020, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

The fact that you have any hope for social security makes me

Jun 25, 2020, 10:30 AM

chuckle. After Civil War II officially wraps up, the 52 different nations of the North American continent will still be fighting with each other and you'll retire eating squirrel stew and drinking polluted water.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...so not much will change for him.***

Jun 25, 2020, 10:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a boomer and I'm with you 100%. If I'm the last one

Jun 25, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: While the US total COVID deaths are in nursing homes (41%), in Canada it’s.. ]

standing I'm golden, and I'm willing to take my chances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always wondered how bad it would suck if this happened back

Jun 25, 2020, 10:14 AM

when I was in high school. Well, this gives a fairly targeted indication. Been exactly there, and done exactly that. I'd wager we did it better back in the day, but who knows. I hope they cracked a beach house support and made it sway.

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article243768012.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd be half over it by the time you got home.***

Jun 25, 2020, 11:45 AM

Yeah, and my grandparents would not have been around.

Jun 25, 2020, 11:52 AM

And that was before parents diabetes, heart conditions, etc.

So I'd probably do the same thing.

Still, staying home 14 days as punishment would suck I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. The approach to this has been backward, imo.

Jun 25, 2020, 3:29 PM

- If the drinking age were lowered to 15
- if fatal accidents then increased
- if we then responded by limiting driving ability for everyone...

That would be the same response as we have made to covid. This is an illness with highly targeted fatality, but the narrative is about NEW CASES!, with restrictions placed on everyone equally. I think I told you about my dad and stepmom going to the beach - still trying to talk them out of it. He is a highly informed person, very current, and when I told him that most covid deaths were folks over age 75, almost all being over 65, he was surprised. He was aware of a curve, but not one that steep. The national narrative just talks right past that and wants to talk about masks. Masks are fine, but I think we could have been much further down stream than we are.

Just talking here...interested in what you would think of this....

You are aware of the Myrtle Beach thing, of course. Apocalyptic language everywhere. Governors limiting travel to SC. Sky is falling all over the place. Here is what they don't tell us:

- Cases are up, but how many more people are here?
- Is it possible that the incidence of new cases is actually lower than had people stayed home?
- If the half-the-kids-in-a-high-school-trip-got-it examples are accounted for might the transmission rate be low?
- If older people were acting like they should be, does it really matter that a bunch of <60 people got it?

1000 people are in an area. You have 50 cases one day. Then you put 10,000 people in that same area. You have 150 cases in a day. That is a very good outcome. But the news is, "300% increase in cases!" Liars, ###### liars, and statisticians. But CNN or any media doesn't touch that, doesn't ask the questions. Its weird, actually. The stats show us the way out of this, but we not only ignore them, we don't even ask what they are. We're being shown Fauci talking about masks 24/7.

sucks to be in a nursing home

Jun 25, 2020, 10:18 AM

sucks even more now since alot of times it is a death sentence

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Wife of worked in a nursing home for awhile

Jun 25, 2020, 10:21 AM

the stories she would bring home makes me want to never go there in my life.

I rather die from anything early than go to a nursing home.

I like your funny words magic man

I'm with you

Jun 25, 2020, 10:25 AM

I have seen both of my parents die in the same one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Just put Dad in one last week

Jun 25, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to sucks to be in a nursing home ]

but that was a last resort. He is there for therapy now, but after 20 days he will most likely stay there or in another home. It sucks.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes there is no other option.

Jun 25, 2020, 6:06 PM

my aunt and mom both spent their last 2 years in one, it was a "good" one - I knew the owner, and we spent a lot of time there visiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're killing them faster by isolating them

Jun 25, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to sucks to be in a nursing home ]

My aunt is in one, and we stay baffled at the fact that they won't let the residents interact. I mean, they've only all been there 5+ years and aren't going anywhere any time soon other than heaven, what's the problem? We can only meet with her one at a time in a little outdoor gazebo for 20 minutes a visit.

Meanwhile, the CNA's who most likely can't/won't even bathe themselves come and go as they please. Katrinka was probably gang banged by 8 dudes Friday night, and spent the rest of the weekend sleeping off her Molly hangover at a roach infested motel, but she's good to go. Your family better stay the #### away though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 364
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic