Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PED's and the what if's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

PED's and the what if's?

Feb 15, 2019, 5:48 PM

I was asked by a bama fan today, what is gonna happen to your Tigers now that they are guilty of juicing? My question to the board is what's next with this? Are there any chances of sanctions on the program? Do we have someone inside that gets fired? I've been reading some stories and I'm curious of the expert opinions on t-net.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PED's and the what if's?

Feb 15, 2019, 5:50 PM

nothing is going to happen.
Dexter and the other two didn't play.
No one else tested positive for the contaminant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 15, 2019, 5:52 PM

Ask him about the Deer Antler spray from when they won in 2012 and if anything happened.

The only difference is our players sat out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 5:54 PM

and HGH and the roid acne their RBs always have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Saban has sent players home from the playoff but...

Feb 15, 2019, 5:59 PM

did not expose the 'Team rule,' they broke. Does anyone think it wasn't doping?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Saban later clarify ...

Feb 15, 2019, 8:10 PM

....that the 3 players actually broke NCAA rules? Guess HGH helps them get bigger, stronger and faster but subtracts from the stamina?? -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Scott Cochran (the Bama S&C guy) loves HGH

Feb 15, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: PED's and the what if's? ]

Because the NCAA doesn't require testing for this.

Pretty much the entire Bama team from punters on up is using HGH.

That's why Bama has the size of an NFL team. Problem for them is, we out-smarted and out-skilled them.

Jeffro should tell his Bama bud to simply accept the fact they got beat by better athletes and better coaching. Their HGH didn't help. Those BAMA people need to accept that theres a new sheriff in town, and Scott Cochran can't save them.

Buh bye Bama. Your reign is over. Clemson did not cheat ti win. We outcoached, and outskilled you.

Jeffro, can you relay to your Bama buddy?

Re: Scott Cochran (the Bama S&C guy) loves HGH

Feb 16, 2019, 8:53 AM

Sorry but they were physically dominated as well. They were better than us in zero phases of the game except number of times they lined up to receive the kickoff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!***

Feb 15, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: PED's and the what if's? ]

The exact same thing which happened to Bama the year...

Feb 15, 2019, 5:58 PM

we sent Deon Cain home for smoking pot in the hotel room at the ACCCCG. NOTHING.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The exact same thing which happened to Bama the year...

Feb 15, 2019, 6:00 PM

Should have asked about Alabama's 3 players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if we're testing the McDonalds fries that are now said to cure baldness? There's got to be something besides potatoes and salt in those!

3 players tested positive for a trace of a substance that

the NCAA said would make them have to sit the games and they did just that. So there were no ineligible players in the game. That is probably all that would have been of it, but Clemson is appealing based on the fact that nothing was intentionally given to them. That caused Sapakkof to speculate that if 3 of 20 tested positive then that's 15 percent. Could it be that 15 percent of Clemson's players would have tested positive, meaning 12 of 80 or 13 of 85. From that story some desperate fans, not many have said well, if it was unintentional then maybe all of the players that weren't tested would have been positive. That is absurd and it is just a desparate attempt to latch on to anything that could diminish the fact that Bama was soundly beaten by a better team, while the better teams first round draft choice sat out the game.

To the Bama fans credit, even the one thread on Bama online has many Bama fans telling other Bama fans how much of a non story this is. The only thing we have to deal with at this point is prejudiced few who will insist that the whole team was juiced. The story has not had any traction other than local radio hosts and Sapakkof. No major outlet, ESPN etc has even suggested that it is anything more than what has already happened.

Re: 3 players tested positive for a trace of a substance that

Feb 15, 2019, 6:03 PM

and ostarine isn't the juice. it's weak cheese.

Feb 15, 2019, 6:21 PM

As I have posted previously. I would have tested the entire team after the game. If Dabo is certain none of his players have done anything wrong then he would have the proof! It is always a possibility that it something the entire team has been exposed to and he would know the answer to that as well.

I don’t think that this will go away quietly. It’s a very bad thing to happen to a championship team and to prove innocence is likely not going to happen.

Wow, that's like a worst case scenario.***

Feb 15, 2019, 6:38 PM

But they were tested as the rules required before the

Feb 15, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 players tested positive for a trace of a substance that ]

playoffs and as the rules required sat the players that tested positive. This was all said and done before the playoffs. Anything more is simply speculation and fictional extrapolation.

Re: But they were tested as the rules required before the

Feb 15, 2019, 6:54 PM

Simply speculation is not a good thing! Those who criticize want answers not speculation. Not sure they will get the answer however. This was NOT good for the Clemson Tigers.

Agree that it was not and I

Feb 15, 2019, 7:43 PM

wish we were not having this conversation. But I firmly believe that the major media will not get carried away with any barbs that the average hater from some fan bases will want to cling to. BUt you are indeed correct that it would be better if this was not even a thing, but are you saying that it has just ruined the whole championship for you? Because if so, I feel confident that you will feel differently when all is said and done. I do get your concern and I have had the same concern, but I will not let this momentous season and championship be questioned in my mind because certain fans of other schools dream and fantasize about this story being bigger than it is.

Re: Agree that it was not and I

Feb 15, 2019, 8:02 PM

In no way does this happening take away the joy I personally get from this national championship. Especially against “them”, in such a convincing fashion. I am really enjoying all the lame excuses I am hearing even nowsix weeks after the massacre. In fact, I just finished watching a Bama show on U Tube and listening to them cry was very joyous! I agree that all the complaining is coming from those who can’t handle our amazing success. I do believe that we will never have the answer to what happened so there will always be a cloud for some to use. You know as well as I that Coach Swinney will handle this in the right way. Some may never accept his findings but I certainly will and I know that you join me. Go Tigers

Agree!***

Feb 15, 2019, 8:26 PM

Feb 15, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: 3 players tested positive for a trace of a substance that ]

Bad idea. If more had tested positive, we would have to report it to the NCAA and then we would have more than two players losing a year of eligibility over something they may have had no control over.

Let sleeping dogs lie. Don’t go looking for trouble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to 3 players tested positive for a trace of a substance that ]

I'm no expert, but from what I understand ostarine is a substance that frequently is included in over-the-counter nutritional supplements. The amounts are small, but it's much cheaper for the sellers to just let it go. I have for years taken a lot of nutritional supplements that I have typically purchased online. Although I don't use drugs, I'm sure that I probably would have tested positive for trace amounts of ostarine, and perhaps other illegal substances----without any knowledge on my part. I did in the past, and to some extent still do, take huge doses of vitamins and minerals. There was a philosophy at that time promoting "mega-vitamins." In those days, I was a dedicated weight-lifter and distance runner. With all the supplements I was taking, I would probably have tested positive for any number of things. For what it's worth.

There have been times in my life that I would have tested

Feb 15, 2019, 6:30 PM

positive as well. I'm sure of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There have been times in my life that I would have tested

Feb 15, 2019, 7:02 PM

I would never have tested positive! Well that was that one time...err maybe a couple or more that......oh nevermind.

Stop Talking to Bama Idiots That is What is Next***

Feb 15, 2019, 6:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 7:16 PM

Ask him what happened to his team when they got caught. 20+ players and a salesman even confirmed he injected the players with it to help them perform better on the field. Compare that to 3 players being found with traces and then ask him what he thinks.

Feb 15, 2019, 8:15 PM

I would answer it by asking-What were those 3 Bama players suspended for?

What will happen is..

Feb 16, 2019, 8:16 AM

Our TE and OL that tested positive will be held out a year.. other then that since Dexter is gone.. absolutely nothing. This is not a story. nothing to report on other than coot media and anti clemson trying to keep it going.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic