Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The dude who runs the blog "ShakintheSouthland" says it all....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,703

The dude who runs the blog "ShakintheSouthland" says it all....

May 31, 2014, 7:11 PM

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2014/5/31/5768212/jack-leggett-should-be-fired

Thoughts?!?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if Leggett "should" be fired, but I'm confident

May 31, 2014, 7:17 PM

of one thing: If he is fired, it won't be a terrible thing, and it might be a good thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The dude who runs the blog "ShakintheSouthland" says it all....

May 31, 2014, 7:21 PM

Told exactly as it is. Way past time,but this finish along with his attitude means DRad has no choice.

That is normally an over critical blog, but

May 31, 2014, 7:22 PM

it's hard to argue his points. I supported Leggett until last season. Now, I'd drive him to the airport .

Re: That is normally an over critical blog, but

May 31, 2014, 7:31 PM

I would also but, when I got half between Clemson and the airport, I would put his A$S out the car and drive off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wouldn't have to

May 31, 2014, 8:07 PM

He would probably call for a new driver halfway there and then let that driver drive in the wrong direction until they were lost.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2014, 7:26 PM

wonderful article! 100% true..Jack has RUINED our program and he is not going to bring it back..now, he has some issues that others(c$$ts, UNC, UVA,FSU and Vandy) simply do not have! that entire mess is absolutely the fault of the admin and BOT and this fact should be made know to all!!after Jack is gone

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2014, 7:37 PM

I can't speak authoritatively to administrative issues, but the on-the-field product in 2014 was abysmal...worst defensive team I can remember exacerbated by two players out of position (1B and LF). Bullpen was atrocious. The prognosis for next year without Gossett, Campbell, and likely Crownover is horrific! From the opening loss to Eastern Michigan to the debacle in Nashville, this team has underachieved. Definitely time to clean house in my opinion.

May 31, 2014, 7:43 PM

I would think that a team would have to at least achieve before it could under or over achieve. And I don't think that we have achieved as a D1 program, especially this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: The dude who runs the blog "ShakintheSouthland" says it all.... ]

I don't see how you can recruit all the great talent in South
Carolina every year and not be a world beater. Truly that is the hotbed of high school baseball. I hope you can see the sarcasm here. Recruiting is the answer but finding it in small towns in S.C. AIN"T the answer. There are people who really know the game of baseball and Jack needs to find them. A team that can't field a ground ball, handle a simple bunt play or catch a pop fly will never win at this level. Our pitching was almost good enough but our hitting will not outscore many teams.

F STS***

May 31, 2014, 7:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately, a perfect article

May 31, 2014, 8:03 PM

nm

Wow..I didn't know all this about Jack but always wondered

May 31, 2014, 8:18 PM

why he seemed to not recruit many players from the state of SC..and went way out of his way to get good players from other states.

And, the part about the assistants leaving, hiring others not as talented, not being able to get necessary monies from the AD & ? woman, Tanner using this as well as getting in with the state's high school coaches makes sense now.

Good bye Jack..thX much for the good memories of past glory..and GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,703
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic