Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest Tajh Boyd Draft Projection
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Latest Tajh Boyd Draft Projection

Dec 11, 2012, 11:36 AM

Today I return from taking my english exam at this fine university, and upon my return I pull up tigernet while enjoying a little brunch before i begin studying for the next test of my newly acquired knowledge. I see that the latest draft projection for Tajh Boyd, is the 7th Round? Am I the only one who finds this ABSURD? I would love for Tajh to return next season and lead our tigers in his senior season, but even if he foregoes his final year for the draft, I could easily see hime being drafted in the first round or falling to the middle of the second at the very worst. I am not Mel Kiper Jr, but if teams will reach in the first round for guys like Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, TIMMY TEBOW, etc. I have a hard time seeing a team not roll the dice on Tajh. He has good size, and proven toughness. He has made countless NFL throws,and has mobility that is not only above average, but is still improving. Most importantly the guy has it where it counts, and that's above the shoulders. Tajh Boyd is a smart individual with what appears to be tremendous character. If i am a NFL owner or GM, i would consider Tajh one of the least risky young quarterbacks to invest in. He may not be Andrew Luck or RG3, but the guy could certainly have tremendous potential to produce on Sundays. To say he is a 7th round talent is without question, outrageous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im sorry but I think its accurate. He is believed by most

Dec 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

out of Clemson as a system QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Im sorry but I think its accurate. He is believed by most

Dec 11, 2012, 1:54 PM

"System" QB in an offense that half the NFL now runs. The Patriots, Redskins, Panthers, Packers, etc. run a spread-style offense that rarely sees snaps under center. Some team will draft him and he will find a home somewhere.

good luck with your exams, I can see that you are NOT going

Dec 11, 2012, 12:18 PM

into sports management

Re: Latest Tajh Boyd Draft Projection

Dec 11, 2012, 12:31 PM

Tajh is biggest problem is that he locks in on a receiver and doesn't check off for the second option. He is working on it, and he has improved since last season.

I think he can start in the NFL in a few years, but needs to learn how to look off safetys and throw to his second and third option when the first is not there.

good post---you got it***

Dec 11, 2012, 1:18 PM

The difference is

Dec 11, 2012, 1:28 PM

the guys doing draft analysis are looking at Boyd's measurables, talent, performance and upside objectively.

You are looking at the same 4 things as a huge tiger fan who sees Tahj put up gawdy numbers against bad defenses in an offense that puts up big numbers.

Its tough to look at things objectively when you are as close to them as you are.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic