Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The diferent between Clemson and scar - long but worth it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,356

The diferent between Clemson and scar - long but worth it

Nov 24, 2015, 11:42 AM

The Difference between Clemson and SCar - UPDATED from 2012

We are the Clemson Family. You are the Gamecock Nation

Our Stadium is named after the Clemson Students who gave their lives in the service of our country. Your stadium is named after a female booster.

It is 5 football fields from Tillman Hall to the 50 Yard Line of Frank Howard Field. It is one and a half miles from the Horseshoe to the 50 yard line at Williams-Brice.

To get to our Stadium, you walk through a park dedicated to all the Clemson Students who gave their lives in the Armed Forces. To get to your stadium, you pass an empty fairground, railroad tracks, warehouses, liquor stores and parking lots.

Our Coach embraces the history and tradition of Clemson Football. Your former Coach disavowed everything that came before him (East Carolina game quotes 9/8/12); after moving to #3 in the AP poll “That is a school record”- he was then informed that the 1984 SCar team rose to #2 before losing to Navy (Greenville News 10/8/2012)

We lost a bowl game by 37 points and it is considered one of the lowest points in the history of our program. You lost the SEC Championship game by 39 points and that appearance is one of the highlights of your program.

Our Coach honored the scholarship of a high school student who suffered a stroke after he verbally committed to Clemson. (Jake Nicolopulos). Your staff pulled a scholarship offer on the day before signing day to a player who had been verbally committed for months who was an orphan and spent the majority of his childhood as a ward of the state. (Lorenzo Mauldin).

Our Coach goes on national television after a huge wins and says “I can’t think of a better place …than Death Valley, South Carolina!”, and " I’m just so proud of our team, you know, this is what it’s all about. You know, it ain’t always perfect but what I told them tonight is: listen we give you scholarships, we give you stipends and meals and a place to live. We give you nice uniforms. I can’t give you guts, and I can’t give you heart.’ And tonight, it was B.Y.O.G. — bring your own guts. And they brought some guts and some heart, and they never quit until the last play!" Your former coach, after arguably the biggest win in school history, a defeat of Alabama, presented himself with the gameball.

Our Coach uses his bonus money from winning the ACC Championship to provide additional pay for his assistant coaches. Your former coach was seen playing (and peeing on) Augusta National after signing his contract.

Our program helped a scholarship athlete gain custody and care for his 11 year old little brother, then created an endowment to ensure his higher education. Your program frequently refuses to renew scholarships to players who aren’t deemed good enough to play. (Grayson Mullins, Bryce Sherman, Tramell Williams, Andrew Clifford, Seaver Brown, Kevin Young, ect…)

Our coach leads the nation in APR (academic progress rate), your coach doesn’t even realize that 18 year-olds can vote (Greenville News 11/6/2012)

After the games, my four kids play football and soccer with scores of other kids while we continue to tailgate for hours. After your games, there are four armed robberies and a shooting (Clemson 2011), two mob assaults and another shooting (Mizzu 2012), felony DUI with a flipped car and 41 other arrests (Georgia 2012).
We won Southern Living’s “The South’s Best Tailgate” competition in 2012. South Carolina had a fan arrested for mooning the crowd at the LSU game in Baton Rouge 11/13/2012.

Southern Living voted Clemson "The South's Best Tailgate" again in 2013. Before the 2014 SCar-Mizzio game, 2 Gamecock fans were videotaped having sex on the ground wedged between an SUV and a fence in one of their tailgate lots (youtube).

Clemson's fanbase was voted #1 Most Deserving of a National Championship by yardbarker.com in 2015. SCar's fanbase was voted among the Top Ten Most Delusional in College Sports by collegespun.com.

According to the Princeton Review, Clemson was voted #1 in Everybody Plays Intramural Sports (2013), Jock Schools ('13), Town and Gown Relations ('12, '13, '15) Student Career Services ('15) and Alumni Network ('15). Clemson was also named #2 in Students Loves These Colleges ('15) and #7 in Happiest Students ('15). South Carolina also showed up on the Princeton Review list, ranking #17 in Students Study the Least ('15).
Our Upperclassmen, like Eric MacLain, write letters to the Clemson fan base, thanking them for the experience they had as Tigers, saying "I want to say thank you, Clemson Family! Thank you for showing up in the pouring down rain. Thank you for showing up no matter the time of the game. Thank you for creating the best playing environment in all of college football each and every week." South Carolina, on the other hand, has had numerous players leave college early for the NFL without being drafted (Kelcy Quarles, Victor Hampton, Tori Gurley)

When Marcus Lattimore was hurt, these were Coach Swinney’s comments: "It took my breath away. I was watching and it just breaks my heart. I mean, I just hurt for him and his family and his teammates. This is a guy that, to me, represents all the good things that college football should be about. He's a guy I know personally. He's a class young man and so is his family. I know how hard he has worked. "If there is anybody I would bet on it is Marcus Lattimore. I know it will be a long process, but I tell you what, I would put my money on Marcus Lattimore in a heartbeat. When he comes to terms with this, he will do everything he can to come back. My prayers go out to him and his family. I have been heavy-hearted for him. He is a winner in every regard. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him from a football standpoint. He has been a great representative for his family and his university. I will lift him up in my prayers." Then Coach Spurrier had this to say at the celebration meant to honor Marcus Lattimore: “A lot of quotes came across the country and I read one today from the head coach at our upstate school," Spurrier said at the rally, as if it was beneath him to mention Swinney or Clemson by name. "You know, that school that used to beat us a lot that doesn't beat us much anymore, that one. Usually when that coach up there talks about South Carolina it's a bunch of garbage and a bunch of BS usually.”

Athlon Sports ranked the best and worst college football logos in 2014 with Clemson coming in at #2 saying "There are tons of Tigers, Wildcats and Bulldogs in college sports but none use their mascot quite like Clemson. The Tiger Paw print is synonymous with Clemson athletics and is utterly simple but still edgy and creative." South Carolina was ranked as one of the five worst in all of college football saying "Surprisingly, it's not the gamecock that turns me off here, it's the 90 degree angles on the inside of the "C" — shave those off and the awkwardness of this logo is minimized. Sure, the rooster could use an upgrade, but let's be honest, it may be time to start from scratch."

Running Down the Hill has been ranked as the Best Entrance in College Football on numerous occasions, including by USA Today in 2014 and Fox Sports in 2015. It has been famously called "the most exciting 25 seconds in college football" by Brent Musberger. It was ranked as the 4th best in Bleacher Report's 100 Best Traditions in College Football. South Carolina made that list as well - coming in at 86 for the Cockaboose Railroad.

In May of 2015, Collegespun ranked the primary logos of every power five colege football program. Clemson was ranked third from the top saying "Clemson’s Tiger paw print logo is the cleanest of any school that features a feline as its mascot." South Carolina was ranked third from the bottom (63 out of 66) saying "There isn’t much intimidating about a flustered rooster trapped in an almost-enclosed block letter."

Memorial Stadium was ranked as the best in the ACC by Athlon Sports. Columbia was ranked as the second to worst college town in the SEC by Athlon Sports in 2015, ahead only of the appropriately named Starkville. It wasn't even the highest placing Columbia on the list.

Chatsports named Clemson "College Football's Classiest Fanbase" saying "Equal parts Southern hospitality and good-natured intimidation, Clemson fans are routinely celebrated both for their rabid fandom and the bonkers environment they create in Death Valley for every Tigers home game." That same week (9/16/15), @BarstoolU posted a video on twitter of a South Carolina fan apparently taking a hit of cocaine in the stadium during the Florida game.

Clemson Memorial Stadium was named as the top venue in college football by Bleacher Report.com(2012), Williams-Brice Stadium was noted by the Wall Street Journal as having the shortest distance from the stadium to a Waffle House in the SEC (10/3/2012).

Clemson has 113 more wins, 17 more conference championships, 17 more bowl apparences with 11 more wins, 19 more consesnus All-Americans and 15 more first round draft picks than SCar.

The Clemson Seniors have fewer losses in their careers than the SCar freshmen.

Clemson not lost to an unranked team in 4 years - over 38 games. SCar lost to the Citadel last week.

66-42-4

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The diferent between Clemson and scar - long but worth it

Nov 24, 2015, 11:53 AM

Ha! Lorenzo Mauldin went in the 3rd round this year. Spurier really has an eye for talent along with his impeccable integrity.

that was a geat well written post but I can give you the cut

Nov 24, 2015, 12:25 PM

and dry, time saving analogy, they suck and we don't ! Can't spells sucks without USuCk

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic