Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The delusion is beginning.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

The delusion is beginning.

May 10, 2017, 11:18 PM
Capture.PNG(52.0 K)

Mods pumping up Bentley and Lattimore claims he is the best QB in the country.
I love that they've been doing this every year for 117 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Might have a shot with SEC defenses and all..............***

May 10, 2017, 11:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The delusion is beginning.

May 10, 2017, 11:22 PM

Awwwww they're so cute

May 10, 2017, 11:34 PM

I occasionally run over to their boards just to chuckle a little bit....one thing that's amazing is that they're convinced that they're going to have a massive advantage at QB against Clemson next year. Bentley will come into the season more experienced, and he did pretty well in some of the games he played, but I feel comfortable and saying the potential of both Zerrick Cooper & Hunter Johnson are far higher and, if the offense is properly tailored to his strengths, Kelly Bryant has the potential to be a more effective QB. I think when you take surrounding casts into consideration, the advantage for Clemson becomes even greater.

I guess we'll see.

Did you ever see the movie,"Kelly's Heroes"?...In it, there

May 10, 2017, 11:51 PM

is a scene where the tank mechanic tells Kelly,( CLint Eastwood) that his tanks can go 40 M.P.H in reverse.....he says,"Yessir, we like to get out of trouble faster than we got into it".....Bentley is going to need that 5th gear in reverse. Their O line will suck. Royally.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?"

May 11, 2017, 12:37 AM

On second thought, TELL IT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bentley is a hack***

May 11, 2017, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The delusion is beginning. ]

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Bentley's limited success....

May 11, 2017, 11:05 AM

was entirely the result of playing a bunch of lousy defenses.

When he finally had to face a defense with a pulse, he folded like a cheap lawn chair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Weapons?

May 10, 2017, 11:51 PM

Anybody notice any of those weapons last year in Death Valley ?
Maybe he meant they were targets ...like the hanging paper kind that one might fire a weapon at ?
They're reality is so askew I can't even follow along well enough to make sense of it myself .
Weapons ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That McIlwain kid looked OK in the second half.

May 11, 2017, 12:22 AM

They've still got him, right?

;)

May 11, 2017, 12:30 AM

Actually it began around 2009 and never ended...lol

You're wasting time watching garbage burn***

May 11, 2017, 2:51 AM

May 11, 2017, 5:48 AM

The delusion never went away. Their "weapons" arent going to scare anyone. They continue to believe their "improved season" is a result of better players and great coaching, which in actuality their "improved" six win season came against teams with a 25-46 record that included Western Carolina, East Carolina, and UMass. Their other 3 wins came against Vandy, Missouri and Tennessee. The only "marquee" win was Tennessee and that was a fluke. LOVE the deLOUsions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2017, 1:47 PM

And to your point, there schedule had to be one of the weakest of any P5 team, and in the weakest division

I'm still amazed they like Muschamp so much.

May 11, 2017, 6:16 AM

I just don't get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2017, 6:26 AM

It was so light I couldn't read it. Can you give me jest of post

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 11, 2017, 9:03 AM

Looks fine on my phone

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Very tough to read on computer***

May 11, 2017, 9:20 AM

I agree with them...

May 11, 2017, 7:35 AM

If they can nearly double their points per game scored, that would be an incredible improvement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Chickens 5-7 at best and home for the holidays!

May 11, 2017, 7:46 AM

ct

Re: Chickens 5-7 at best and home for the holidays!

May 11, 2017, 10:16 AM

I second that. I'm actually picture ing 4-8.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they lose the opener to NC State....

May 11, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Chickens 5-7 at best and home for the holidays! ]

which I think is highly likely, they'll struggle to win five games, even with a weak-a$$ schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2017, 8:55 AM

I honestly think that they currently have only 2 players on their team that we would utilize/play...The OL from Summerville, and the WR from Conway.

Their human backpack secondary is amazing.***

May 11, 2017, 9:00 AM

Welp, the D couldn't be much worse but the O could. LOL***

May 11, 2017, 9:38 AM

May 11, 2017, 10:00 AM

Haha "last year was a fluke 6 win season". Bless their chicken hearts...

May 11, 2017, 10:17 AM

It really was. Their "fluke" 6-win season came against teams with a 25-46 record. They were lucky to get 6.

One (1) win against an opponent with a winning record

May 11, 2017, 11:01 AM

ONE !!!!!

May 11, 2017, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: The delusion is beginning. ]

It's bad when they think they "improved" (and they are acting like Bentley was so worldly), but none of their wins were against a single team with a top 60 defense...

Total Offense/Total defense 2016:
Vandy: TO: 110 TD: 64
Tenn: TO: 40 TD: 95
UMass: TO: 109 TD: 99
ECU: TO: 23 TD: 100
Miss: TO: 13 TD: 118
W Car: NR (SoCon; and were dead LAST in their conference in 2016).

So Gamecocks, let's see how Carolina faired against teams inside the top 60:

Clemson 56-7
Florida 20-7
Georgia 28-14

So they were outscored 104-28 by the 3 teams (all with a top 20 defense), and that's improved??

Most advanced metrics had SCar's 2016 team ranked

May 11, 2017, 1:45 PM

the same or even lower than their 2015 team. Improving from 3 wins to 6 was little more than a mirage, and really just the product of a really easy schedule. The SEC East was dreadful last year, and their non-con schedule (aside from Clemson) was pretty pathetic as well. And lets not forget that they eeked out most of their wins. Vandy by 3, a really bad ECU team by 5, a terrible UMass team by 6, Tenn by 3, a bad Missouri team by 10, and Western Carolina by 13.

I'll give them some credit for beating Tenn, but show me one other result that's the least bit impressive. Even the Missouri game that they won by 10... Mizzou missed 2 FGs in the 4th quarter and had another drive end on an INT in SC's EZ.

There was no improvement last year. They better pray that there's some this year because they won't win 6 games in 2017 if they field the same quality of team they have the last 2 seasons. If they do, the only "sure win" on their schedule is Wofford. NC State is flat out better, and they shouldn't take La Tech lightly unless they've improved because that could be a dog fight for them.

I really enjoy....

May 11, 2017, 10:15 AM

watching them set themselves up for even more disappointment.

Some people just never learn but in this case, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

May 11, 2017, 11:40 AM

Yep, look at his numbers against the only top-25 defenses he faced last year (Florida and Clemson), and you'll laugh hysterically.

May 11, 2017, 11:49 AM

Posted it above...Georgia too...

Clemson 56-7
Florida 20-7
Georgia 28-14

Outscored 104-28

I think they forgot the part where they have Will Muschamp

May 11, 2017, 1:35 PM

as head coach. When has he ever had a competent offense that put up a lot of points? Just look at the S&P+ ratings of his offenses:

2011 - 33rd
2012 - 28th
2013 - 100th
2014 - 74th
2015 - 73rd
2016 - 107th

You can really see the Urban Meyer influence wearing off as the players he coached and recruited leave the program and the Muschamp players replace them. Meyer had 4 consecutive top 10 offenses from 2006-2009 including the #1 offense in the country twice. By his 3rd season Muschamp had turned Florida into one of the absolute worst offenses in the country.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic