Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBB is a good guy, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,811

CBB is a good guy, but...

Feb 14, 2019, 7:46 AM

This coach is split amongst the fan base unlike any coach I’ve ever seen.

I think personally you can’t deny the facts. The facts are he’s severely underperformed in his 9 seasons. Yes, we had a tremendous year last season.... it was fun and I would never expect that every season. As Clemson basketball fans we know better... But what I do expect, and I don’t think it’s unreasonable is to make the tournament every other year or at worst every 3 years.

What has he done to prove that he is the long term fix? If you’re answering with anything other than he’s a good guy, then you’re apart of the problem with the mediocre culture that is Clemson basketball.

He’s been here 9 seasons. Essentially 1 tournament team... the first year he was here we went to the tournament but everyby knows that was OP players.

You can’t objectively look at what he’s accomplished and say yes, he’s met expectations.

The problem is not losing at the buzzer. I completely understand that’s a little bad luck... but it’s the mentality. As crazy as it sounds.... everyone knew that shot was going in, even the players and that’s the problem. We need a change. Wake up!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does CBB send everybody flowers on Vday or something?

Feb 14, 2019, 7:56 AM

I've never understood the "good guy" thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBB is a good guy, but...

Feb 14, 2019, 8:01 AM

Well said. Clemson basketball needs more than a "good guy". Last night's game was hard to watch. The players did not seem to play with emotion, made poor decisions over and over, and were generally out hustled. Remember, Clemson is essentially the same team that made it to the Sweet 16 last year. The only difference is the absence of Gabe DeVoe. (Donte Grantham did not play most of the season)Shouldn't we expect that the team would improve year to year. What I observed last night was a team that has digressed from last year. That is on the coaching.

Feb 14, 2019, 8:13 AM

He's A good X's and O's Guy but Can't Recruit!
It ain't the X's and O's; it's the Jimmy's and Joe's !

The day Clemson is recruiting on

Feb 14, 2019, 8:17 AM

The level a lot of fans seem to want, is the day 'Tates Locke' will be revisited. There's so much talk about college football dying...and it probably is by a 1000 cuts, but college basketball is disgustingly seedy and there's apparently no willingness to clean it up. Is that what Clemson wants to be associated with to be 'successful'? Really?

I'd LOVE to see a change in the game...but I can't hold my breath that many lifetimes.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree and i've always said we need to hire a recruiter

Feb 14, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: CBB is a good guy, but... ]

first...only problem with those guys is they won't stick around here long term in basketball.

I notice you haven't really posted about basketball since

Feb 14, 2019, 8:16 AM

the NCSU loss. Were you saving this post until we lost again? I bet it sucked having to wait through 4 painful wins to post it. I admire your courage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I notice you haven't really posted about basketball since

Feb 14, 2019, 11:38 AM

You along with every other person with this mindset is a part of the problem.

We were beating the worst teams in the league. Period. We caught VT at a perfect time with their best player out. If he plays, we lose.

We will NEVER NEVER move forward with this acceptance of mediocrity. Always ignoring the obvious makes you stupid.

That's not the only thing

Feb 14, 2019, 11:46 AM

that makes GWPTiger® stoopid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Wait, what mindset do you think I have that leads to

Feb 14, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I notice you haven't really posted about basketball since ]

accepting mediocrity?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

You state he has severly underperformed but has actually been better than the historical performance for CU basketball. You should also note he has TWO recruiting classes with the new facility. Judging him on the first seven years where he had to hide the locker room from recruits is hardly fair

Are you serious? We can't judge Brownell's

Feb 14, 2019, 12:04 PM

performance his first 7 years because of a locker room? So can we start judging his performance next year, in his 10th year of being our head coach?

There always seems to be some convenient excuse.

Re: Are you serious? We can't judge Brownell's

Feb 14, 2019, 12:39 PM

GWPTiger® said:

performance his first 7 years because of a locker room? So can we start judging his performance next year, in his 10th year of being our head coach?

There always seems to be some convenient excuse.

If facilities don't matter then we have wasted $125MMM ++ on football facilities. Don't kid yourself. Clemson has not natural recruiting area, is a football first school, has hot and cold fan support and little in the way of history. This means that facilities have an outsized impact on recruiting. Basically our basketball is the same as coot football and some of our fans the same delusions thinking we are prime rib but we are really day old sirloin.

I'm not saying facilities don't matter

Feb 14, 2019, 12:58 PM

I'm saying that it's ridiculous to give a coach a pass for 9 years because of a lack of facilities for 7 years and then only having a couple recruiting classes with upgraded facilities. At some point we have to stop moving the goal posts and stop making excuses.

Brad took over a program that made the tournament 3 years in a row. Since then he has made it twice in 8 years while sending some guys to the NBA. I loved the Sweet 16 run last year and want more of that.

I don't think Brad should be fired because there is still a lot that can be accomplished this year, I'm just tired of the never ending list of excuses that fans on this board keep making.

Re: I'm not saying facilities don't matter

Feb 14, 2019, 7:49 PM

Did any of those teams go to the sweet 16 or win a single game?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic