Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The customer is always right. The customer is always right.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 327

The customer is always right. The customer is always right.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:46 AM

I have to keep telling this to myself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except when they're wrong.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:47 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Sometimes they tell me how to do things, and I'm fine with

Feb 12, 2019, 8:53 AM

that. But when they tell me to do it the wrong way, and I point out it won't work, and they insist, I do it their way. Then, predictably, they come back months later, angry, asking that I do it my way. Fine. You're paying. Twice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless in my case, your customer is the USG

Feb 12, 2019, 8:48 AM

even though they do that stupid stuff and waste a lot of money, they sure try and pay back as little as possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Customer is not always right.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:50 AM

If you have a cupcake place and a customer comes in, buys one, but then sticks their finger in the rest, are they right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think anybody will be tryi that

Feb 12, 2019, 9:00 AM

At Ben’s cupcake place.

www.southernpigskin.com/acc/ben-halls-sweet-life

I could have pushed the issue, lost the business, and hence

Feb 12, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to The Customer is not always right. ]

lost the income from doing the job....twice instead of once.

All I can do is respectfully disagree based on 18 years of experience doing nothing but something they may encounter once every few years that I encounter 120 times+ a year, every year.

Anyway, I can fix the problem in an hour if I'm lucky.

If you have a cupcake place and a customer comes in wanting a dozen cupcakes using only a half-cup of sugar and half a stick of butter because it will be cheaper and you tell them a dozen cupcakes generally requires 2 cups of sugar and 2 sticks of butter, and they insist, you make it their way. When the kids at the birthday party start crying because the cupcakes taste like crap and the customer comes back the next year and asks you make them your way....that's the proper analogy for this situation.

He’s not right.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to The Customer is not always right. ]

But you don’t mess with a pimp.

depends

Feb 12, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to The Customer is not always right. ]

are you a straight baker refusing to make gay cupcakes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My refusal to abide by this causes me more professional

Feb 12, 2019, 9:10 AM

issues than anything else put together. I simply refuse to agree with someone when i know they are wrong. Even if the mistake down the road won't be my fault.

All I do is respectfully make my opinion known

Feb 12, 2019, 10:31 AM

then do it their way, since they're paying me. When it becomes a problem later, I fix the problem. That's how they learn. That's how I learn. Just be sure to document things (email).

Honestly, I'm fine fixing things. And if I'm proven wrong, fine. I learn something.

sometimes, you gotta tell them what they want***

Feb 12, 2019, 9:18 AM

Every job I've ever had would have been perfect

Feb 12, 2019, 10:58 AM

if it wasn't for the effing customers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 327
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic