Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Piece of advice for those attending the ACCCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 5,641

Piece of advice for those attending the ACCCG

Nov 27, 2017, 10:47 AM

Arrive at the stadium early . . . like ridiculously early.

Last time it was in Charlotte, we arrived at the stadium at 7:15, which I figured would be plenty early, and it took us 45 minutes to get through the gates. We saw kickoff but just barely. Alot of people missed kickoff.

They are terrible at processing people through the gates in Charlotte.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Piece of advice for those attending the ACCCG

Nov 27, 2017, 10:52 AM

Agree - I think it was the first game of the clear bag policy. Get there super early...it was a complete mess.

Nov 27, 2017, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the info....my wife was saying the same thing and I was telling her "Nah, we'll have plenty of time".....well, I can imagine the grief I'd be getting!! Thanks!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 27, 2017, 10:56 AM

I almost lost my mind waiting in that crowd for 45 minutes knowing the game was about to start!

My bladder almost exploded

Nov 27, 2017, 2:47 PM

Adult beverages do tend to work their way through a might quick like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 11:15 AM

My advice, dont bring a bag unless you absolutely have to. I think they have since added metal detector gates that are alot quicker clearing when entering the stadium, but otherwise the bag lines are still really slow. Missed the flyover standing in the bag line at a Panther's game last year.

Nov 27, 2017, 11:26 AM

Amen to everything posted. I have attended major sporting events like this for fifty years and the last trip to Panther stadium was by far the most miserable experience I have witnessed. I missed the entire first quarter and I was in line by 7 o’clock. It was so crowded a lady beside me had a heart attack and it took forever for the EMS to get to her. I never heard whether she survived or not. Leave everything at home but your underwear!

Nov 27, 2017, 11:23 AM

Good Advice.

We were lucky that we arrived at the gates very early. It still took us a while to get in. We actually walked back to our car and left a couple of things that they were going to make us trash..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS times about 3,410.

Nov 27, 2017, 11:27 AM

The only good side to consider if there is heavy congestion there won't be many Hurrican'ts to deal with (the tarholes in 2015 were unbearable). Hopefully they'll open all the entrances. If memory serves they only had 1 open last time.

And ladies and cutigerbob®, they'll have the NFL bag rules.
http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp?scrlybrkr=392ff739

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The bag search is what slowed everyone down last time.***

Nov 27, 2017, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No. it was wanding everybody that came through the turnstile***

Nov 27, 2017, 12:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 12:17 PM

It was an absolute nightmare. My group arrived 45 minutes to an hour before kickoff and missed almost all of the first quarter. The security crew contracted for this game was terrible. The only ones I saw were just standing around chatting, and not trying to actively let people know the bag policy. I was stuck in the mass of people in the right side of this picture. It was pure, claustrophobic chaos. Stub Hub did refund one of our tickets even though it wasn't their fault. Bank of America Stadium people were rather dismissive and just blamed it on the contracted security company. Pfffft

That picture is beyond belief.***

Nov 27, 2017, 2:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 27, 2017, 12:20 PM

We attend a couple of Panthers games per year and have no issue getting in. I saw one poster say they had one gate open in 2015 and will have 3 gates open this year. Are there other difference between Panthers games and ACC games?

Nov 27, 2017, 12:31 PM

Good reminder. I was there 2 years ago and we missed almost the entire first quarter and lined up about 45 minutes before the game. This year a whole lot earlier....

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got to the gate at 6:45 last time, it will be at least

Nov 27, 2017, 12:32 PM

6:30 this time

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is certainly good advice, although I think the ACCCG

Nov 27, 2017, 12:55 PM

a couple years ago was shortly following the Paris terrorist attack at the concert that killed over 100 people. I think they ramped up the security on short notice and obviously did not handle it well. I would anticipate a better process this year.

null

Charlotte is the worst. I wish we had ATL***

Nov 27, 2017, 12:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 1:16 PM

No truer words and ladies leave your purses in the car...

You cant take water in either unless its in a bottle and you’re wearing coot gear

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2017, 1:51 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!

Go Tigers!!!

The couple that sat beside me didn't get to their seats till halftime

Nov 27, 2017, 2:00 PM

You get to bypass the full cavity search if you don't bring a bag into the stadium. A lot of women think they need a bag, I have gotten into arguments with my wife about these things, but getting through security is so much easier without one. It's a lot more of a hassle than Death Valley, and I don't think people understand that.
The plus side is if you're looking for a designer purse for Christmas you can get used ones in the trashcan right outside of the stadium.

Last time I think they prepared for ACCCGs they had in the past

Nov 27, 2017, 2:09 PM

Where most of the upper deck is empty. Hopefully they realized that when Clemson plays in it, it's going to fill up.

They will have 3 GATES open this year?

Nov 27, 2017, 2:40 PM

Another poster said he called the ACC offices and they said 3 entry gates will be open this time instead of just the 1 in past years. Hope he's right!

Re: They will have 3 GATES open this year?

Nov 27, 2017, 3:48 PM

FYI - more gates open than the one in 2015!

Concerns on TNet so I reached out to the ACC Championship folks & this is what they said:

“Hi

They actually moved Fan Fest further down from the stadium to create better flow for the entrance and there are actually 3 gates that people can enter through around the stadium, North, East, and South Gate.

Replies: 23
| visibility 5,641
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic