Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I had a Coot fan tell me that he rather lose in the first
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I had a Coot fan tell me that he rather lose in the first

Mar 26, 2014, 6:16 PM

round of the NCAA than to win the NIT. He was about 35. I asked him how it felt. He turn and walked away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they don't have to worry about either.***

Mar 26, 2014, 6:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The sheer genius of some people often leaves me wondering

Mar 26, 2014, 6:20 PM

why we're not walking on all fours....

Next time you hear that kind of remark, simply bark!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one peanut

Mar 26, 2014, 6:20 PM

nm

Re: I had a Coot fan tell me that he rather lose in the first

Mar 26, 2014, 6:51 PM

Haha...they usually do one or the other!

I think we have a great chance to cut down the nets in NYC!

Mar 26, 2014, 6:59 PM

Cutting down a net makes no sense. Take them down if they must, and give them to a youth center or public park that needs them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you hear? Their women's team is very good.***

Mar 26, 2014, 6:53 PM

I agree with the coot***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most years I woud agree ... this year however ...

Mar 26, 2014, 7:19 PM

if given the choice, I think the NIT affords us a more valuable experience. Especially if we're talking about that lousy 11-seed "play in game" BS.

And it's totally based on the either / or proposition of losing in the 1st round of the NCAA or getting to play 5 games against quality competition in the NIT.

We need the game experience because we're not good enough to have made much noise in the NCAA this year, but we bring everybody back next year with some fine looking new talent added to the mix.

This year, I vote for winning the NIT over getting bounced in day one of the NCAA.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From a prestige standpoint, maybe, but when you consider....

Mar 26, 2014, 7:33 PM [ in reply to I agree with the coot*** ]

the excitement/entertainment factor, you can't seriously believe that any of these....

2004 0-1 Lost to Memphis in first round, 59-43
1998 0-1 Lost to Richmond in first round, 62-61
1997 0-1 Lost to Coppin State in first round, 78-65
1989 0-1 Lost to North Carolina State in first round, 81-66

were more satisfying for South Carolina than the last three games were for Clemson in Littlejohn.

Then again, maybe you do.

And as Apex says, this is a team returning everybody. I want them to get as much tournament experience as possible, and that's exactly what they are getting.

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt that the guy remembers the their lose in

Mar 26, 2014, 7:56 PM

Me too.***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:35 PM [ in reply to I agree with the coot*** ]

The last 4 NIT Champions are still alive in this year's

Mar 26, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to I agree with the coot*** ]

NCAA Tourney. I do belive this NIT experince will do the Tigers some good. I hope they win the dang thing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Me too - without question. Yes, the NIT has been great for

Mar 26, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to I agree with the coot*** ]

us this year and I'm loving it, but that's not the question. When teams are being selected for the NCAA tournament, I'm betting there is not a single team that hopes they don't make it so they can go to the NIT instead - that's just preposterous.

The OP's response to the coot was great, however.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The teams remaining in the NIT could beat half the teams

Mar 27, 2014, 12:04 AM

picked for the NCAA tourney.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so, but that's irrelevant to the question of

Mar 27, 2014, 12:49 PM

whether we'd rather lose in the first round of the NCAA or win the NIT.

Without question, all day every day, we'd rather lose in the first round of the NCAA than win the NIT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

well who doesn't? but since we're in it let's win the thing***

Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 PM [ in reply to I agree with the coot*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2014, 7:45 PM

Dont flame me, but I feel the same way. Bobby Knight said it was a tournament for 65th place. I knid of view it as second tier bowl games.

So, if we win it, you will not celebrate?***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: So, if we win it, you will not celebrate?***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:51 PM

I will be happy we won. I am always happy when we win. I celebrate when we beat Citadel and South Carolina State. I personally believe it is a greater accomplishment to play in the NCAA tournament than it is to win the NIT. Just my opinion.

Of course it's a greater accomplishment. But, at this time

Mar 26, 2014, 8:09 PM

we were not quite good enough to get in there. So, I say let's make the most of this NIT run, celebrate it and use it to help get into the NCAA. After all, winning the NIT is a whole lot better than sitting at home, like last year.

I'd rather kick Heidi Klum out of bed for Jessica Alba...

Mar 26, 2014, 7:55 PM

...but I've got about the same chance of that happening as he does the Capons in a post season game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good comeback, Peanut. As far as the NIT goes, I can tell

Mar 26, 2014, 7:58 PM

each win means a lot to the players. That makes it mean something to me as a Tiger fan.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Ask him when cootville is taking down their NIT banners***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Coppin State says hello***

Mar 26, 2014, 8:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 26, 2014, 8:08 PM

Normally i would say that too but imho,they deserved a NCAA bid and its not the team's fault the selection committee slighted them. However, they regrouped from that disappointment and resolved to make it to New York-an exciting place to play and visit-and they accomplished that goal even though it wasnt easy-and that kind of effort SHOULD be celebrated AND also shows great character and will!
Bottom line i'm THRILLED AND HAPPY for them!

No, we did not deserve a NCAA bid. We did not take care of

Mar 26, 2014, 8:12 PM

business in several winnable games.

Sounds like this board back when scar won the NIT***

Mar 26, 2014, 8:25 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's rather simple

Mar 26, 2014, 9:24 PM

Getting to the NCAA is ALWAYS greater than getting to the NIT. The rest of the argument is moot after that point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sackerlina Basketball

Mar 26, 2014, 9:31 PM

Makes me sad. If there were a way to bow out gracefully , to let the program shut its doors and maybe field a second baseball team instead they should do it.
It is just horrible what has happened there ...just horrible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree. If I were their AD I would use that money to pay

Mar 27, 2014, 1:37 PM

football and baseball recruits....

I mean pay for football or baseball, sorry.

The coot was right***

Mar 26, 2014, 9:55 PM

I'm sure you loved the Richmond and Coppin State losses...

Mar 26, 2014, 11:13 PM

You'd liked that better than going to MSG, I'm sure.

You haven't won an NCAA tournament game since 1973...before you were born. You've only been in the tournament 5 times since that win over 40 years ago. 0-5.

You pretending you know anything about the NCAA tournament is comical. Not as comical as your deranged multi-handled charade, but comical nonetheless.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic