Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are some of the things DJ Uiagalelei can work on this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

What are some of the things DJ Uiagalelei can work on this

Dec 25, 2020, 10:01 PM

spring? I am thinking footwork quickness in the pocket and running the ball? I think we will see a little bit lighter, stronger DJ come next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

zone/read and RPO***

Dec 25, 2020, 10:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are some of the things DJ Uiagalelei can work on this

Dec 25, 2020, 10:04 PM

He is doing great, in my eyes, but just for fun. Confidence in pulling it for himself in reads. Trimming some baby fat to get a bit more of a burst in the run game.

Dec 25, 2020, 10:11 PM

Yeah, he certainly has all the tools. Losing a little weight would help greatly I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Footwork

Dec 25, 2020, 10:15 PM

Big time need

Makin sure Trevor goes pro

Dec 25, 2020, 10:33 PM

After that then gelling with wru, rbu, and the line. Dudes a rockstar

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2020, 10:49 PM

Throwing the rock away rather than taking sacks, especially in overtime. Getting timing down with running backs on hand offs. I do believe more reps will solve these issues.

Getting healthy***

Dec 25, 2020, 10:51 PM

He just needs playing time

Dec 25, 2020, 10:53 PM

DJ proved he is a quick study. He mainly needs to get reps so he can master all facets of the offense and experience everything defenses can throw at him. Some things only experience can teach.

Re: He just needs playing time

Dec 26, 2020, 12:33 AM

Agreed. I think he's coming along well and just needs more experience. If he's the lead next season I see a stellar QB that will give other teams problems. I don't see a new TL out of him but a great QB on his own.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He just needs playing time

Dec 26, 2020, 3:49 AM

DJ will be a fine QB. He has already showed that and he has been learning from the best QB in history. TL is not only a great passer, he is also able to avoid the rush and throw just in the nick of time. When he is rushed hard he is still able to get off that little short pass over the defense to the uncovered player near the line of scrimmage. It’s a beautiful basketball like fake and pass move. Of course he is also a capable runner if the opportunity is there.

Dec 26, 2020, 4:10 AM

Staying slim so he can be a better runner.

Dec 26, 2020, 7:18 AM

Why ask us? You need to go to the coaching staff.

The coaches read tigernet every day

Dec 26, 2020, 10:03 AM

They take a lot from here. In fact I’ve says for years that we deserve rings for the part we’ve played in these championships.

Dec 26, 2020, 7:23 AM

Getting his dad,Big Dave, to come out of his shell. After that chore, I agree that dropping maybe 10 will help his run game, but feel once he is the man he will shine. This young man is going to be very special.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 8:11 AM

He needs to work on attaining a 100% pass completion figure and an offense that eliminates the need for a punter or field goal kicker. Other than that, maybe learning a few new dance steps and encouraging his brother to come to Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 9:29 AM

Definitely agree with encouraging his brother!! Looks like Big Dave may be in our corner on that. :)

Just needs reps. Needs to read the routes/defense better

Dec 26, 2020, 8:36 AM

and improve the thought process on the RPO. Looked really good for being a yute this year!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one thing that ANY strong armed QB needs to work on,

Dec 26, 2020, 9:17 AM

TOUCH. You don't use Double Naught Buckshot to bring down a sparrow. That is why Trevor was so different from the outset. He already seemed to have the touch part down before he ever got to Clemson.

DJ will learn, and opposing teams will suffer the results of that learning. Meanwhile, I guarantee our receivers will be concentrating on the catch, because they don't want broken fingers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one thing that ANY strong armed QB needs to work on,

Dec 26, 2020, 9:53 AM

Based on watching a couple of his senior high school games along with plenty of highlights, DJ already has touch. He knows how to dial down velocity and float the ball in when called for.

Dec 26, 2020, 9:26 AM

Let’s face it, Lawrence is a once in a lifetime QB. DJ will not replace him per se but I believe the DJ we see next year after practicing exclusively with the starters is going to amaze you. He took the reigns on short notice against ND and scored 40+ points. Threw some darts too. Have no fear fellow tigers, have no fear!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 9:35 AM

DJ may actually look better than TL next year in the passing game due to the progression of the young receivers and Ross coming back.

More weapons to choose from on offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 9:59 AM

If he stays healthy he'll be fine. I think he hurt his shoulder blasting that DB in week 3/4. He needs to dial that back as he'll be very important to our success. He can do that in Championship games if needed.

Dec 26, 2020, 10:49 AM

DJ stepped into a pressure cooker of a game and performed well. We are going to be fine at QB.

I was going to suggest that he should (as big as he is) be a tougher runner, but I am going to put that all down to his shoulder injury.

There is a transition that might be germans here. Sometimes big, gifted athletes are a man among boys in high school. They can excel on talent alone. It takes a change in mindset to be able to play well when ALL of your competitors are men.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic