Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The coaches did a great job against NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,141

The coaches did a great job against NC State

Oct 22, 2018, 5:59 PM

Defense - business as usual. They are great.

Offense - that's how you start quickly. Very little lateral, slow developing nonsense. Lots of quick hitting upfield passes. And look at the results! Playcalling was much improved.

There was only one call that stood out as a "doh!" moment. Right after a turnover we were in scoring position with about 20 seconds left in the half. Instead of keeping the same sort of aggressive, upfield attitude of previous drives, we started off with a behind-the-line pass out to a WR and it was a stuffed play. It took away our momentum from the turnover and we ended up with a field goal. Again, not a big deal in the perspective of the whole game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coaches did a great job against NC State

Oct 22, 2018, 6:17 PM

Agreed that two runs right up the gut with Travis (with or without "Double Beef" set of Dex and Christian) would've been an emphatic statement to end the half. Still unsure why, when we DO bring in that set (as we finally did just before the field goal to end the half) we think we need to be tricky. Cannot recall that it has EVER failed when we simply lined up and ran straight behind thos two. They tried to run o/s against Pitt and lost the game and now the last two times have sent QB in motion, I suppose to direct snap to ETN - seems our line has jumped both times.

Pretty sure they will attempt to pass again out of that set to Christian or to Dex at some point, but hate that they don't simply line up, get the needed yard and then go from there.

In that vein, on the earlier possession when TL slid early (on coaches that they have not taught him the rule, but another step MAY've resulted in a hit), why would you NOT give the ball to the best back in the country on 4th and 1 and instead attempt a fake when you know you are going for it?

And yet, at end of the day, none of it affected outcome a bit, which is the BEST indication of how well the Coaches AND Players (and crowd) performed on Saturday.

The Best IS yet to come - Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 6:40 PM

No we only had 2 timeouts so you shouldn't waste them by calling short passes or runs. Put it in the endzone through the air. Run on 3rd, time out, Kick.

Yeah that series wasn't that great overall***

Oct 22, 2018, 7:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Used to dread the game after Bye weeks

Oct 22, 2018, 8:45 PM

I used to dread the game after BYE weeks, but then again, I remember the Hatfield & West eras. Amazing what a top notch Coaching Staff & Support Staff can bring to the table. Instead of looking rusty like in the old days, you can clearly identify the areas that were targeted for improvement.

Great Staff + Great Players = Great Results.

NC State after a bye week didn't look quite as good as they did the last 2 years, though. Must be the DD effect.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:50 PM

Re: The "doh" play... I got a rough spot on a tooth that i cannot help worrying it... The same with the coaches. They have not gotten their mindset on the 2 present QB's... Hope they do Saturday and DESTROY Fla. State...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,141
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic