Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The coaches brought every bit of this QB controversy on themselves with one decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,643

The coaches brought every bit of this QB controversy on themselves with one decision

Oct 14, 2017, 9:57 AM

The decision to burn Hunter Johnson's Red Shirt. If he isn't ready and Cooper is capable you just don't do that. If he is good enough not to need a RS then why have him stuck in third string purgatory. He represents 5% of our passing attempts as a team and 17% of our passing TDs. If he had enough attempts to qualify his passer rating would be behind only Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph and UCF's QB in the whole of FCS. That's with our standard conservative late gameplay calling Clemson fans know and love. How crazy is that.

I know the buzz word our coaches are using right now is that Hunter isn't consistent. Well by my eyes our other two QBs aren't paragons of consistency either. As much as I've been impressed by KB let's not act like he probably shouldn't have two more fumbles lost and been struggling with overthrowns on everything from comebacks to fades.

Watson was and will be an all-time great because he puts balls in play where a WR has a chance to catch it more times than not. Sometimes this will lead to picks but you trade that for the offensive brilliance he displays. If the coaches are worried Hunter will force a pass and get picked off they need to get over that because the greats still do that. If he just can't run the offense why did he ever play this season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The coaches brought every bit of this QB controversy on themselves with one decision

Oct 14, 2017, 10:04 AM

Why did he play? Look who is coming in January!

Re: The coaches brought every bit of this QB controversy on themselves with one decision

Oct 14, 2017, 10:14 AM

So you burn the RS of a 5 star Qb who you can't trust to run your offense because of a 5 star QB that isn't even on your team yet. That doesn't sound like a great plan to me. I trust the coaches in just about every aspect but the depth chart at QB.

I mean your telling me Jake Bentley can come in last minute in august and start mid-season with no prior snaps, but a 5 star EE QB that has looked good at every opportunity can't play at this point for us. God help us if Muschamp does a better job of getting QBs ready to play than we do.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:34 AM

Sometimes players look better in practice than they perform in games. Cooper has short-armed three critical throws needed to extend drives. Johnson throws the ball consistently where the receivers can catch the ball. Some people work well under pressure, others don't. Practice is not pressure. It has do overs. Games don't. Just what I see.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic