Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So polygamy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 711

So polygamy

Dec 5, 2018, 1:31 PM

Pros and cons ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are no pros to living with more than one woman

Dec 5, 2018, 1:33 PM

Even worse if you're actually married to them. The passive aggressive behavior is probably exponentially worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw a thing about this on Showtime

Dec 5, 2018, 1:36 PM

It discussed a lot of the complications, but this one guy seemed crazy happy on the show married to two hot women, but you couldn't escape the feeling that he was the third wheel and probably would become a casualty of that at some point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't you pretend and call it polyamory or open marriage?***

Dec 5, 2018, 1:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it all depends on the committement

Dec 5, 2018, 1:57 PM

in order from most committed to least:

polygamy

polyamory

open

swingers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Don't forget Slingers***

Dec 5, 2018, 1:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stretch those hammies...***

Dec 5, 2018, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bottom three are basically the same

Dec 5, 2018, 2:12 PM [ in reply to it all depends on the committement ]

Polygamy is about actually forming families, sure, but of course people in those other arrangements also sometimes form families (accidentally, or later down the road when they stop pretending that people are just capable of having sex with lots of people without catching feelings).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it as more of how committed the relationships are

Dec 5, 2018, 2:14 PM

for polyamory those tend to be longer term relationships without the commitment of marriage (or like you said, kids)

For open marriage, that's more dating others type deal but doesn't have to be long term.

Swingers are for one night at a time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, these are the arbitrary lines people draw...

Dec 5, 2018, 2:17 PM

to make themselves feel different from those other, weird promiscuous people who aren't like them.

Who cares?

Dec 5, 2018, 2:20 PM

Married, Life partners, SO, etc.

Humans like to classify things so they know what to call them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it impacts people's behaviors

Dec 5, 2018, 2:21 PM

Especially when you start making these arbitrary classifications into identities that claim political/social recognition.

Or maybe people want a label to explain what they believe is

Dec 5, 2018, 2:29 PM

a different concept than something else. And I'm not going to call them arbitrary. They mean plenty to the people who use them. Whether you want to make it a political/social label is up to you.

The reason they're doing it is political and social

Dec 5, 2018, 2:35 PM

The whole purpose is to normalize it and to separate it from what's usually seen as unsavory or immoral.

Who sees it as "unsavory or immoral"?

Dec 5, 2018, 3:05 PM

A rational person would just see it as really, really stupid. More than one woman? No thanks. Hell, a lot of the time ONE woman is too much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recently met a "polyamorous" individual. Conclusion:

Dec 5, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Can't you pretend and call it polyamory or open marriage?*** ]

The polyamorous are the ferret owners of sexual orientation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of the ones I have met, it's amazing just 1 person

Dec 5, 2018, 2:08 PM

wants to fuigg them.

samesies***

Dec 5, 2018, 2:10 PM

These are people who want others to endorse their cheating

Dec 5, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I recently met a "polyamorous" individual. Conclusion: ]

Because they just HAVE to do it. Otherwise you're a bigot for suppressing their identity.

Has this come up with the wife?

Dec 5, 2018, 1:57 PM

does she want a few more husbands?

WHALE, KINDA

Dec 5, 2018, 4:59 PM

She wants one more.....Jerome

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably too P&R but w.tf are all the single

Dec 5, 2018, 2:02 PM

guys that polygamy leaves out gonna do. In the middle east they strap on vests and blow shid up.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I think it goes the other way too.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:53 PM

TigerBlood99 and I have been living in a polygamous relationship with SarahAdidas for years now. Once we move her to the She-shed, it'll just be us swinging bachelors. Can't wait.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

For the record. And I would know.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:04 PM

I've never seen true poligamy. As in two women married to the same man and living under the same roof. Have seen two women married to the same man and he rotates them every so often. But not together.

Most times husband and wife both have acknowledged side pieces. And every once in a while they have a 3sum. But still not true poligamy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how it was done in the 50's

Dec 5, 2018, 3:06 PM

when everyone was properly ashamed of their immoral behavior and not flaunting it in front of CamMcgee.

This one in particular seems to bother him***

Dec 5, 2018, 3:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd be shocked how widespread this "immoral behavior"

Dec 5, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to That's how it was done in the 50's ]

really is. Good thing I have professional integrity that rivals any doctor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My lowered

Dec 5, 2018, 8:47 PM

Can you imagine the din?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 711
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic