Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went to the lake in the Clemson area yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,146

Went to the lake in the Clemson area yesterday

Mar 29, 2020, 8:56 AM

Interesting scene. We never came closer than 100 ft to anyone else the entire day but observed a lot as we rode around.

Lots of boats like it was a holiday weekend. Some of the usual hangout spots were packed with people...saw DNR dispersing groups they came across.

The apartment community docks and piers were covered with students sunbathing and partying. Many residential docks too...saw one with probably 30 students partying, complete with beer pong.

I just hope none of these people is infected. If so, there’s going to be a lot of sick coeds around Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went to the lake in the Clemson area yesterday

Mar 29, 2020, 9:06 AM

10 foot tall and bullet proof seems to be the younger folks mantra. It's all good, it is hitting young folks way harder in the USA, if they want to participate in the 2020 Darwin Awards more power to them. I would say those that do stupid things when they should be sperating from public contact should be moved down the line for care when the time comes.

The biggest mistake that was made in this whole thing

Mar 29, 2020, 1:05 PM

Was parroting “this is only dangerous to old people” in the early days. Hell people are still saying it now.

Same thing here in N Santee...

Mar 29, 2020, 9:12 AM

wife and I took the jet skis out , some small boats were crowded with three different couples shoulder to shoulder ...some big pontoons with folks spread out , but the beach spots and popular summertime gathering spots were pretty crowded with folks mingling as normal ...beer pong would not be adviseable, I would not think ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 9:19 AM

I know tons have post how we're free in the US and therefore can't do what other countries have done but stuff like this is what could cancel our football season... Sad to hear but no different than what I've seen around Lexington.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 10:31 AM

That is what is wrong with this epidemic. Nobody listens to what the experts are saying. Some continue to intermingle in large groups. That is one reason this thing will stay with us awhile in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 12:46 PM

We took a long drive through Clemson and Seneca, Pickens yesterday. Saw 15-20 people on campus mostly joggers, not more than 2 together. Lots on the lakes 2 per jet ski, didn't see any docks so can't comment on those. But, had to stop at a gas station near keowee and no kidding there were 30 people elbow to elbow in line to pay for their drinks, all ages!
We have self quarantined for 16 days except for 2 car rides and some drive through take out.

Re: Went to the lake in the Clemson area yesterday***

Mar 29, 2020, 12:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Went to the lake in the Clemson area yesterday ]

We took a long drive through Clemson and Seneca, Pickens yesterday. Saw 15-20 people on campus mostly joggers, not more than 2 together. Lots on the lakes 2 per jet ski, didn't see any docks so can't comment on those. But, had to stop at a gas station near keowee and no kidding there were 30 people elbow to elbow in line to pay for their drinks, all ages!
We have self quarantined for 16 days except for 2 car rides and some drive through take out.

I went to a gas station/convenience store not far from Clemson last Thursday that has a grill and it's the only place I've been where I didn't feel comfortable. There must have been 20 to 25 people in a 10 x 10 area trying to order food, check out and waiting for food. I don't think a store allowing this is meeting the intent of the Governor's orders even if they are not a "restaurant".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,146
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic