Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New survival rates out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 322

New survival rates out

Sep 24, 2020, 9:12 PM

Missed this.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/status/1308652790823051264?s=19

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiggity might just stroke out***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, for worse news

Sep 24, 2020, 9:29 PM

Organ damage caused by COVID-19
Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
Blood clots and blood vessel problems
COVID-19 can make blood cells more likely to clump up and form clots. While large clots can cause heart attacks and strokes, much of the heart damage caused by COVID-19 is believed to stem from very small clots that block tiny blood vessels (capillaries) in the heart muscle.

Other organs affected by blood clots include the lungs, legs, liver and kidneys. COVID-19 can also weaken blood vessels, which contributes to potentially long-lasting problems with the liver and kidneys.

Problems with mood and fatigue
People who have severe symptoms of COVID-19 often have to be treated in a hospital's intensive care unit, with mechanical assistance such as ventilators to breathe. Simply surviving this experience can make a person more likely to later develop post-traumatic stress syndrome, depression and anxiety.

Because it's difficult to predict long-term outcomes from the new COVID-19 virus, scientists are looking at the long-term effects seen in related viruses, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

Many people who have recovered from SARS have gone on to develop chronic fatigue syndrome, a complex disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that worsens with physical or mental activity, but doesn't improve with rest. The same may be true for people who have had COVID-19.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, for worse news

Sep 24, 2020, 9:31 PM

My mom died of gleoblastoma. They think that could be from the deet used when she was growing up in Texas.

Do we stop life all together?

I have handled fertilizer my entire childhood On the farm and have been exposed to many other chemicals. I might die earlier than a Covid patient.

I am just not sure what your point is with this post.

With all respect as I think you are a good dude. Just making my point. Not attacking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Well, for worse news ]

Also you are speaking about “long term side effects” with a virus that has been here for max 250 days or so in which the science seems to change every single day.

I mean I get the news cycle is quick but let’s just chill and not take all of this as fact.

Or fiction.***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 3:13 AM [ in reply to Well, for worse news ]

Good points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There’s a pretty big survival rate for automobile crashes and home fires

Sep 24, 2020, 9:29 PM

Don’t want those either

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you don't drive or sleep in your house?

Sep 24, 2020, 9:40 PM

just trying to follow the logic

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think about survival rate of just a 5 mile drive

Sep 25, 2020, 5:49 AM [ in reply to There’s a pretty big survival rate for automobile crashes and home fires ]

In a car with no seatbelt.

Yet wearing one is still a big deal.

OP is trying to minimize 200k deaths in 2020.

So when you gonna stop driving then?***

Sep 25, 2020, 6:12 AM [ in reply to There’s a pretty big survival rate for automobile crashes and home fires ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh, it won't fit the agenda you are pushing but I think

Sep 25, 2020, 9:26 AM

the idea just may be to like not text, wear a seatbelt, and try to mitigate problems.

Or in the house fire you know install a smoke detector, turn off the oven, blow out candles.

Or with covid wear a mask, stay apart, and avoid mass gatherings.

Really, it isn't all that difficult to sort out.

Oh yes it is. If you think it's all easy and stuff

Sep 25, 2020, 9:33 AM

then you clearly have never experienced the inconvenience of having to wear a mask or wash your hands.

Funny thing is, the covid-hoax group also tend to have

Sep 25, 2020, 9:39 AM

caches full of weapons to fight off russians or whoever is planning to raid their homes at night and rape/kill everyone.

The one that kills 200k is a hoax.

The one that kills like 50 is worth being heavily armed.

Odd stuff.

Why do you have to go straight to calling dissenters

Sep 25, 2020, 9:46 AM

covid-hoaxers?

Business have been lost, suicide hotlines are red hot, children are not in school, domestic violence is rampant, shootings in every major city and violent crime are all up.....

We were sold something that isnt near as bad as we thought. Those that are dying are 70+. Sure we can find outliers, but the fact is, they are mainly in nursing homes and long term care facilities.

Its real, but not near as bad as we were sold.

Didn't call them that. Said the "tend" to be.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:11 AM

And that is correct based on my observations.

Next question?

just a note...

Sep 25, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Funny thing is, the covid-hoax group also tend to have ]

I responded similarly to owensb's post as xtiger.

owensb makes comments about car and house in regard to OP's post about COVID numbers and adds "Don’t want those either."

Nowhere did OP or elsewhere in the thread was it said that COVID was a hoax. Neither was it said that somebody wanted to get COVID. If any comment was out of place and not following logic, it was owensb's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The big difference is if I wanted to eliminate driving

Sep 25, 2020, 10:07 AM

as a possible end of life cause, I could stop driving.

I can't stop breathing, which at least this month, is how you can acquire COVID, unless I just want to die.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taken as a standalone observation, you are correct.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to just a note... ]

But we both know why xtiger is posting those numbers. Or why anyone would.

I mean, what was the survival rate of new yorkers during 9/11? I'll bet it was pretty high, but like no one would even think to go there.

Re: New survival rates out

Sep 25, 2020, 3:11 AM

Wow that is scary. We need to shut everything down again for a few months.

Replies: 19
| visibility 322
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic