Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charlotte QB waiting on Clemson offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Sep 30, 2010, 11:59 AM

Charlotte Country Day quarterback Morgan Roberts has thrown for over 800 yards and 10 touchdowns in his team's 4-1 start to the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he that good? CCDS played Catholic close but.....

Sep 30, 2010, 12:19 PM

that is it this season. They have not played anyone else to speak of. I will let you know when they play Charlotte Christian the 15th.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

That's what I was thinking

Sep 30, 2010, 12:54 PM

He has offers from Dartmouth and Western Carolina but says he interested in Clemson, UNC, and some others. Seems if he was a big time D1 prospect he'd have offer's from schools other than the Ivy League and a 1AA school. Must be a smart kid though if he has an offer from Dartmouth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stackin da Charlotte Independent School Blue Chips!***

Sep 30, 2010, 1:44 PM

boom! chacalacalaca***

Sep 30, 2010, 1:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charlotte QB waiting on Clemson offer

Sep 30, 2010, 2:01 PM

the qb from wren has better stats than he does same amount of games so far, 1300 yd passing 15 tds clemson looking at him?, and he lives 25 min from clemson would think he would jump at the chance to be a tiger.

Sep 30, 2010, 2:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing. This guy gets more pub. than any recruit i have seen and he has no offers and not great stats.

Not saying he isn't the greatest qb in the history of the game.....just seems like we have already taken a chance on a couple guys in this class. We don't need to another gamble.

Pro style QB= No running

Sep 30, 2010, 2:32 PM

This is not a pro style offense we have. We need a guy with athletic ability. Rich Rod has made a career using quarterbacks like that. When will we catch on?

we can't seem to stop teams who have a double threat

Sep 30, 2010, 3:42 PM

quarterback. Seems Napier would take a hint...

Only 800 yards in 5 starts?

Sep 30, 2010, 2:05 PM

That's less than 200 yards a game. I see why he hasn't been offered. 2 Tds a game ain't bad but not great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2010, 2:28 PM

Grades 9--12 $20,505/yr

it's a good school, we used to play them***

Sep 30, 2010, 2:30 PM

reminds me of Korn's HS footage

Sep 30, 2010, 6:30 PM

BOMB AWAY :D

Kind of reminds me of Willy Korn's HS footage.

reminds me ALOT of Whitehurst

Sep 30, 2010, 7:51 PM

he has good feet and balance,,,looks good finding receivers,,,hard to tell if he had chollys arm or not,,,surely he will get stronger (this video footage must be from his sophomore year) since this is his junior year???

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a fan of the church league players...weak competition

Sep 30, 2010, 9:26 PM

Any stats should be considered tainted at best and not a very good measure of a D-1 player at such an important skill position.

Their competition is very weak at this point. Wait until...

Sep 30, 2010, 10:34 PM

Charlotte Christian and Latin to see what he really has.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

The big Charlotte Independents are FAR from church league

Sep 30, 2010, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Not a fan of the church league players...weak competition ]

In '07, Country Day defeated SCHSL AAAA Northwestern High - a Northwestern team that went 11-2 falling in the playoffs to Byrnes despite holding the Rebels to 2TDS. Country Day, by comparison, hung 50 on Northwestern.

Latin, Country Day, and Christian would compete well in SCHSL AAA and be title contenders in SCHSL AA or A. Those schools cherry-pick the best football players from among all the Ivy League/Duke/Wake/ Davidson bound kids in a major metropolitan area. Charlotte-Mecklenburg public schools refuse to play them (the IQ gap is apparently too much for them). NC public schools from other counties that do play them lose to the "church league" schools more often than not.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic