Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The best college football coach in the last 40 years?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

The best college football coach in the last 40 years?

Oct 10, 2015, 9:22 PM

It has to be Bill Snyder, and in my opinion, it's not even close. Not even God or Danny Ford (redundant) could have done what he has in Manhattan, Kansas, of all places.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The best college football coach in the last 40 years?

Oct 10, 2015, 9:26 PM

Agreed. Class act. A model of consistency in an area depleted of talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have to say Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.***

Oct 10, 2015, 9:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd have to say Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.***

Oct 10, 2015, 9:44 PM

I'd argue that those guys had far better facilities, support, money, tradition and every other thing that is measurable than Snyder had.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd have to say Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.***

Oct 10, 2015, 10:49 PM

in 1980!?! I doubt it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Growing up in Tallahassee I can say Bowden did not.

Oct 11, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I'd have to say Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.*** ]

He built it all. I saw it with my own eyes !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever been to Manhattan City Kansas!?!?!

Oct 11, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I'd have to say Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.*** ]

Snyder is arguably the best...or he made a pact with Satan. Paterno, Bowden, and Osborne ALL had way better situations than Snyder.

I have no idea how anyone could recruit a player to go to that God forsaken place in the middle of nowhere. Penn State and FSU are in much nicer areas of the country with large talent pools and available resources.

Nebraska could be considered similar but they are truly the only "show" in that state with the backing of the entire population. The only other important sport there is collegiate wrestling and sheep dating.

Nah, Snyder gets my vote too.

Have you ever been to Manhattan City Kansas!?!?!

Oct 11, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I'd have to say Tom Osborne, Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.*** ]

Snyder is arguably the best...or he made a pact with Satan. Paterno, Bowden, and Osborne ALL had way better situations than Snyder.

I have no idea how anyone could recruit a player to go to that God forsaken place in the middle of nowhere. Penn State and FSU are in much nicer areas of the country with large talent pools and available resources.

Nebraska could be considered similar but they are truly the only "show" in that state with the backing of the entire population. The only other important sport there is collegiate wrestling and sheep dating.

Nah, Snyder gets my vote too.

The only Power 5 school in a comparable place

Oct 11, 2015, 10:03 AM

is Wazzu in Pullman, WA. Snyder has done a ridiculous job there and watch Leach, if he stays, make some major noise at Wazzu. Jucos and QB play and defense is the foundation.

I get what you're saying

Oct 10, 2015, 10:48 PM

but, that is blasphemy.

Re: The best college football coach in the last 40 years?

Oct 11, 2015, 9:55 AM

I wish I had better facts and a better memory on which to rely, but it seems I read once that KSU was the most losing FB program in the US 'til Snyder took over. Again, I cannot verify that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are 100% correct

Oct 11, 2015, 10:44 AM

For a little perspective, in the 50 years before Snyder took over KSU won 137 games. In his first stint there (16years), Snyder won 136 games, including a stretch where they won 11 games in 6 of 7 seasons. GREAT COACH!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic