Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The best SEC West teams go 0-5 in bowls last year and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,168

The best SEC West teams go 0-5 in bowls last year and

Dec 30, 2015, 4:38 PM

"bowl season isn't really that important". Now that they start 3-0, what will the media say about it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a rhetorical question, right?***

Dec 30, 2015, 4:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: The best SEC West teams go 0-5 in bowls last year and

Dec 30, 2015, 4:48 PM

They'll just say that they were in a better bowl this year and wanted to be there

Dec 30, 2015, 4:52 PM

They will make Tx Tech and Memphis into world beaters that were overcome by the all powerful SEC.

And I will puke.

They'll all be preseason top 10 anyway***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Look at who they have played. LSU beat an unranked team last night. Auburn plays Memphis. Can't remember the other matchup. Why do SEC teams play so many weaker teams in bowl games and it is always in prime time. Hello ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 5:03 PM

I hate the SEC as much as anyone, but this is a pretty tired narrative. Why do people think the national media loves the SEC? The SECN is thru ESPN, but ESPN has a massive contract with the ACC too (though understandably not as large - the SEC has greater viewership and generates more money - you can't expect every TV deal to be equal, this isn't communist Russia) . CBS has a deal with the SEC, but they show other games as well.

The more we talk about supposed SEC media bias the worse we look. It makes our conference look second class. Just discussing the possibility of SEC bias probably has the effect of making it real.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,168
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic