Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if Dex and Cle come back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What if Dex and Cle come back?

Jan 9, 2019, 2:46 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

problem is they have no unfinished business

Jan 9, 2019, 2:50 AM

Dex would have an appeal to deal with and that will take months, so he is gone. Cle already came back once, he won't do it again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: problem is they have no unfinished business

Jan 9, 2019, 3:49 AM

I agree that Cle will end up going most likely but did you see what he said when they asked him about it after the game, he said...

"How can you leave this?" or something along those lines. I imagine it's harder decision than most people think because you pretty much have life made at college as a 'kid' anyways not really having to pay for rent, food, any of the necessities...only difference being you don't have bundles of cash to buy fancy toys and swag you'll tire of anyways shortly after the dopamine wears off.

But really, I would imagine the lifestyle and celebrity of being a National Champ football player at college is pretty #### cushy anyways when contrasted to just becoming one of many good players in the NFL.

And uhh....college girls.

Touch choice man, tough choice.

Also, I've been wondering when it's no longer too early to ask a very uncomfortable question but do you guys think Dex or one of the other suspended players ended up owning up and admitting they took something they knew they shouldn't have because something seemed to change in regard to the 'public' support for Dex from Dabo and the coaches at least, seeming to just want to let the issue stay totally silent after a point.

For instance, watching the video of the fans greet the team when they got home, I was really surprised Dabo didn't call Big Dex up to speak when he was passing the mic around and say something along the lines of this guy doing so much for the team and being robbed of the opportunity to play etc...

But instead it seemed like suddenly Dex was in the doghouse or at least not treated too friendly or something. Anybody else notice that?

Not trying to talk bad about Dex, love him... But just curious how exactly it all ended up playing out.

Re: problem is they have no unfinished business

Jan 9, 2019, 8:17 AM

My opinion is that nothing changed with Dex and the others. Dabo wanted the focus on the game only at that point.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I thought about Dex and the other 2

Jan 9, 2019, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: problem is they have no unfinished business ]

as well..... not having any exposure. I'm thinking it might have been a stipulation by the NCAA for allowing them to travel with the team. Just a thought...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Don't players have to declare by Monday?

Jan 9, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: problem is they have no unfinished business ]

Doubtful any appeal is settled by then. No need to risk that. Cle is probably a top 5 pick.

Go make some money young men.

Re: What if Dex and Cle come back?

Jan 9, 2019, 3:45 AM

No need for them to come back. Perfect ending. Let them go and next man up

Jan 9, 2019, 6:14 AM

No need to put Big Dex back in the limelight. Let the lawyers take care of the appeal. Getting Cle and Dex back would be HUGE, but then again, wasn't it huge when Bryant, Cle AND Christian came back? I personally don't expect either to come back, but one never knows. This team has MULTIPLE BOA's on this team. Regular people like us never know what that feels like.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 6:33 AM

When Christian Wilkens came out with the number 90 on his face I told my son and grandsons this defense is fixing to go off big time on Bama. I was right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 7:48 AM

I told my wife and son the exact same thing... CW & Co were angry about missing a Power Ranger, and someone was going to pay. Wilkins had already said they were going to win it all for Big Dex.... it was fuel for the fire.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:03 AM

I'm confused about the appeal. Okay, the season is over, CLEMSON accomplished all of their goals, and Dex is leaving for the NFL. What does the appeal accomplish other than to clear Dex's name of any wrongdoing? Win or lose the appeal does absolutely nothing regarding his NFL status, or does it? How does winning the appeal make things better? If Dex is gone, and I were Dex, I would not bother with the appeal. Look at all the baggage that Jameous Winston left behind when he went pro. All his previous wrongdoing did not seem to affect him at all. Same for Dalvin Cook and Mixon (OU) as they moved on and got their $$$.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:19 AM

Remember that Dex isn’t the only one

Jan 9, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: What if Dex and Cle come back? ]

Because he is innocent

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

The appeal is huge for our TE and for Dex....

Jan 9, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: What if Dex and Cle come back? ]

We need our TE back on the field next year.
As for Dex, it would likely help him in the draft.
And my guess is that Osterine is not exactly welcome in the NFL either, but I don’t know that for sure....
For the program as a whole, a successful appeal would be a good thing, unless you want to hear about it again next season.

Jan 9, 2019, 8:23 AM

Both are almost certain top 10 picks in the draft, I seriously doubt either return. Especially with Dex having to deal with the mess to get back on the field in the first place.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic