Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Worst Part About the Bryant Situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The Worst Part About the Bryant Situation

Mar 12, 2016, 2:08 PM

Is that he is abusing a drug that actually lessens his playing ability. It's a terrible irony.

I'm not advocating for his behavior, but the NFL needs to seriously adjust their punishments when we have guys facing one year suspensions for getting stoned and being lazy while aggressive acts have seen lesser.

Weird world we live in. Hope the kid makes better decisions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Worst Part About the Bryant Situation

Mar 12, 2016, 2:17 PM

Was it marijuana related? I assumed he was suspended for using PEDs/steroids/etc.

It's weed, it's been weed since he was in HS.

Mar 12, 2016, 2:24 PM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2016, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: The Worst Part About the Bryant Situation ]

Lol have you ever SEEN Martavis? If he's doing steroids, they aren't exactly working. It's tree for him dude, same as it's always been...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it has much impact on his playing ability.

Mar 12, 2016, 2:21 PM

He probably vapes to save his lungs and I doubt he's taking days off to just blaze. He's clearly putting in the work to become a great receiver.

Still, he signed up to play in the NFL and rules come with that. It's a shame he doesn't have the discipline to stay away from something that is harming his career irreparably.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He probably just pissed away $30 million. I hope it was

Mar 12, 2016, 2:30 PM

good #####.

Re: He probably just pissed away $30 million. I hope it was

Mar 12, 2016, 2:56 PM

lol!

your comment is on point***

Mar 12, 2016, 2:39 PM [ in reply to I doubt it has much impact on his playing ability. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah he should just stick to chugging beers which has...

Mar 12, 2016, 2:39 PM

more negative side effects and is perfectly legal, and none of the health benefits of marijuana.

Mar 12, 2016, 2:49 PM

This is most likely Bryant's 4th positive drug test since being in the league and likely 2nd failed this offseason alone. I don't think this punishment is too strong. Most jobs you don't keep after your first failed drug test.

Mar 12, 2016, 2:56 PM

Exactly. In my career, we would give you the boot, a bad discharge and screw up your life for a while. I hate he is going down this road, but for the pot apologists, it is A) Illegal most places, and B) against "Company Policy". As I tell some of the knuckleheads that have sered under me, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." And let's not compare it to alcohol. Yes beer and liquor can be bad, but in moderation is legal. I would have the same reaction if he or any other player was getting DUI'S which I do believe is worse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beer and liquor isn't used in moderation in this country...

Mar 12, 2016, 4:18 PM

So yes, the comparison is valid. Tons of people did from alcohol. Not a single person has died from marijuana use. But, like I said earlier Bryant shouldn't have been doing it because he knows the rules.

Not a single person has died from marijuana use.-really

Mar 12, 2016, 4:45 PM

https://www.rt.com/usa/316148-marijuana-related-deaths-injuries-study/

A new study of marijuana drug use in Colorado found increases in marijuana-related traffic deaths, hospital visits, school suspensions, lab explosions, and pet poisonings. The study was conducted by a federal government program.

The 166-page report released this month analyzed the effects of legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use in Colorado spanning the time period from 2006 to the present. Along with the state of Washington, Colorado is considered as something of laboratory in which the effects of legalizing marijuana use can be studied.

The study showed that the number of drivers testing positive for marijuana increased 100 percent from 2007 to 2012, with marijuana-related fatalities doubling from 37 to 78. Traffic fatalities total around 500 a year in the state.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a single person has died from marijuana use.-really

Mar 12, 2016, 5:12 PM

The problem with these criticisms is that we can test only for the presence of marijuana metabolites, not for inebriation. Metabolites can linger in the body for days after the drug’s effects wear off — sometimes even for weeks. Because we all metabolize drugs differently (and at different times and under different conditions), all that a positive test tells us is that the driver has smoked pot at some point in the past few days or weeks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/08/05/since-marijuana-legalization-highway-fatalities-in-colorado-are-at-near-historic-lows/

I guess part of my post was alluding to how we are defining "drug" exactly

Mar 12, 2016, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: The Worst Part About the Bryant Situation ]

It seems fairly arbitrary. I'm not a smoker myself (anymore, anyway), but I kind of feel for the guy. Every time I watch ESPN it seems I am seeing guys like Gronkowski and Manziel getting absolutely hammered and acting foolish, denigrating themselves and the organizations they represent.

It seems Bryant likes to stay low key. Does this workouts, dris, etc, smokes his #### and repeats.

I'm of the opinion that steroids and the more psychoactive drugs need to be treated differently. Steroids are taken explicitly to give you an edge in the sport. It is undeniable you are cheating in order to beat the competition.

I dont think the same can be said for cocaine, marijuana, etc. These kids need help. The fact they are abusing these drugs that zap their energy and focus and are still performing at that level is incredible. Martavis isn't smoking weed to be a better football player. I can promise you that.

I think the message we are sending is somewhat unclear. Martavis needs to be away from football, but it shouldn't be as a punishment. He needs help and he needs treatment so he can actually reach his potential.

Re: I guess part of my post was alluding to how we are defining "drug" exactly

Mar 12, 2016, 3:04 PM

Pot should be legalized hands down! This is stupid and Manziel as you mentioned makes the point, how could a low key smoke some pot to go to sleep at night be compared with this damnfoolery is beyond my comprehension.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I guess part of my post was alluding to how we are defining "drug" exactly ]

I am a steelers and bryant fan but the punishment is fair. He has to follow the rules if he wants to make it in the NFL. He has had multiple chances and has still not learned a lesson so 1 year without pay might just get his attention. I am sure in this year he will be offered help but he has to realize he has a problem in order for the help to work. Pittsburgh knew when they took him there were character issues but it was worth the risk if he could stay clean.

Mar 12, 2016, 4:31 PM

If he's that dumb, forget about him. Plenty others out there are smarter. I refuse to worry about someone that does stupid things over and over.

Mar 12, 2016, 4:39 PM

Maybe he is smarter than you think.

http://fusion.net/video/2778/harvard-psychiatrist-says-weed-heals-concussions/

Mar 12, 2016, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess part of my post was alluding to how we are defining "drug" exactly ]

Dude, no one cares what you refuse to worry about. Stop talking about yourself.

Mar 12, 2016, 11:36 PM

I was thinking that the worst thing about this situation is all the folks either filing it under the "he's just young and made a mistake" clause and asking those who call his actions stupid if they ever did anything stupid when they were young. Or those using this latest charge as evidence for why the NFL and our country need to loosen their restrictions on marijuana.

Maybe weed will be an item taken off the testing agenda of the League. Maybe it will be legalized in the US. Who knows. What I do know is that it is an illegal drug now, and one that is tested for in the NFL now. I also know Martavis is a repeat offender here.

He wanted to leave Clemson early to take care of his family, but he won't handle his business to allow himself to be properly compensated for his ability. That is stupid. Yes, he is yoing. Yes, I did stupid things when I was young. And yes, when I got caught, I had to face the consequences. No need to defend him. He needs to be a man, take responsibility, and learn from it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic