Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Weak SEC East
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,056

The Weak SEC East

Oct 1, 2012, 10:45 AM

Has 3 teams in the top 10, the SEC has HALF the top 10. #### media bias!!!!!
Why does the stupid media keep letting one conference when the national championship every yea?!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Weak SEC East

Oct 1, 2012, 10:53 AM

I'm sorry, but anyone who is saying that they are weak has not watched much football this year. Last two years they were down. This year, not so much.

Nobody from the East will beat Alabama, but nobody in the country likely will, either.

Media bias? Please. The coaches poll has them all up there, too.

Oct 1, 2012, 10:59 AM

yeah its media biased and big money interests. if you cant see that then you are up to your neck in maroon with kirk, lou, mark, chris and jason taking turns with you

this guy is just baiting people

Oct 1, 2012, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: The Weak SEC East ]

looks two posts up on the board. He flatly contradicts what he says here. Probably another gamecrap reject trying to stir things up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2012, 10:53 AM

Well they haven't really done anything to prove why they SHOULDN'T be consider a powerhouse have they? I mean yes Arkansas is abysmal, Kentucky is pretty bad, Auburn is really struggling, Vandy has never been that great, and Florida is coming back from a couple down years after their title run, but they are still a great conference. Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, Alabama, etc. haven't done anything to prove that they DON'T belong in the top 10 yet so that's where the media puts them.

I would love more than anything for an Oregon vs. Florida State National Title matchup or something but until someone knocks the big dog down (SEC) they will continue to be depicted as great and as the best conference. It is up to all the other conferences to build great programs and maybe we could see 5 of the top 10 being Pac 12, Big 12, or even ACC schools one day.

Oct 1, 2012, 11:02 AM

but first they must be given the preseason rankings that sec gets then lets see where it all goes. it is structured for sec dominance. last year okla state got shafted for a pathetic rematch in sec style. Okla state achieved more than bama did against ranked teams but got no love from the esecpn media.

Oct 1, 2012, 11:03 AM

You're right there. I would have rather seen Oklahoma State vs. LSU but it didn't happen that way so there isn't much the rest of the country could have done.

Florida rocketing up the polls proves the bias

Oct 1, 2012, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The Weak SEC East ]

They haven't beaten anybody. They struggle against Bowling Green and TAMU. Tennessee goes from not even receiving votes to ranked amazingly just in time for that showdown with Florida.

if not for that, Miami would be top 20***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2012, 11:04 AM

As much as I hate to say it,the Coots,dawgs and UF are pretty good teams.Top ten teams IDK but the East is a lot better this year.

Oct 1, 2012, 11:09 AM

I just hate that SEC teams are getting more credit for winning against ho hum teams than every other team in America. You have to give Florida and Miss St. credit for remaining undefeated because most teams have dropped at least one game at this point. The problem is Florida and Miss St. jump several spots each week even though they don't play quality competition. Florida has no business being ranked ahead of Texas, Ohio St., or TCU. Also Oregon St. has won more quality games than Florida.

We all know the preseason polls are skewed in the SEC direction and because of this we are stuck with Bama, LSU, UGA and Scar until they lose. The least the media could do is provide the other teams like Texas, Ohio St. and TCU the same credit until their first loss. The poll system has always been screwed up but SEC bias is making it even worse.

null

Oct 1, 2012, 12:16 PM

Don't see the arguement in some aspects in saying the SEC East is weak when they have been competitive. I believe UF is a bit overrated to be #10 (should be anywhere between 14 and 18). They haven't played any top teams but did win two tough road games back to back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,056
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic