Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats

May 23, 2016, 10:09 AM

was wondering how the football field would look to scale inside the Racetrack's infield, and came across this picture. Wouldn't you just rather stay home than sit in that left endzone(named the Darrell Waltrip Pavilion according to the seating chart).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sitting in DW's section wood be turribil

May 23, 2016, 10:15 AM

hearing VT fans yell "boogity boogity boogity!!!!!" all night long...

"Specially if "He's So Tall!!!!" is in there blocking your view.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats

May 23, 2016, 10:16 AM

"That's Racin"

May 23, 2016, 10:20 AM

It will be interesting to see how many attend the game.

If CLEMSON was playing UT in Bristol, how many of us would go? I am think a lot of Clemson season ticket holders would skip the event. I could easily imagine a LOT of empty seats in Bristol.

So how will the UT/VT game sell?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being a first time event centrally located

May 23, 2016, 10:26 AM

for the most part for both schools, I think it will do very well.

Re: Being a first time event centrally located

May 23, 2016, 11:25 AM

its the chance to go to the first time this is done! its an event more than just a football game! I sure agree that there will be some awful seats but????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2016, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats ]

You think Clemson people would skip one of the biggest games of the season right after a national championship game?

I think there would be a ton there. I also think there will be a sellout for VT, new coach and such, and Tennessee's best chance to win the SEC East in a long time.

May 23, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats ]

I think it will be almost full if not full.

UT is about 1 1/2 hours away without traffic and there are a ton of UT folks in Northeast Tennessee (the Tri Cities). I think that Roanoke and Blacksburg are within two hours of there, too, so that won't be a huge trip for the Hokies fans. And, of course, the UT folks are stirred up with the preseason props that they are getting and the Hokies fans have a new coach and new life in their program that has been on a steady decline for 4 - 5 years.

MT

It's a shame...

May 23, 2016, 2:29 PM

that this game couldn't have been arranged when the idea was first conceived. When both teams were considerably better than now and there would have been some national significance. It is still a chance for an ACC team to best an SEC one. It could be a big day for quietening those conference blowhards.

May 23, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats ]

I think it's already sold out

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 23, 2016, 12:04 PM

It is sold out already....it will be well attended.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2016, 12:25 PM

They should have tractor pulls and cousins gettin' hitched at halftime , because Tennesseans and Virginian Appalachians.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Might as well have 'emselves a race goin'

May 23, 2016, 2:26 PM

at the same time as the game if we are talkin' tractor pulls and cousin hitchin'!

Re: Might as well have 'emselves a race goin'

May 23, 2016, 7:11 PM

Somebody TD'd me for either tractor pullin' or cousin love ...either way , I made no false claims :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Might as well have 'emselves a race goin'

May 23, 2016, 7:25 PM

Lol....some can't take a joke. ??

May 23, 2016, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats ]

The game is sold out. Each school sold their allotment of 40,000 while the raceway has sold 70,000. 150,000 total!

May 23, 2016, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The UT/VT game at Bristol will have some terrible seats ]

I think there is going to be a ton of people at the game, just because it is the first time and everybody will want to be a part of the experience.

Especially UT fans, since they think they are actually going to do something this year and not lose every meaningful game by 3-4 points

May 23, 2016, 7:03 PM

X2. UT fans know they can probably win this one and also love Bristol. They might cry during the NA

Best Is The Standard

Guess I'll take my binoculars***

May 23, 2016, 11:22 AM

May 23, 2016, 7:23 PM

One of my Vol friends said that this game was conceived as a way to protest the City of Knoxville's 5% amusement tax they put on all football game tickets. The tax is also in men's and woman's basketball but no other sports or events.

I know the amusement tax is real....not sure if this is really why this game in Bristol was conceived.

My first reaction when they announced this game was...

May 23, 2016, 8:00 PM

..."what a great idea!". But after just a few seconds, I thought what a crappy seating situation that will be. Even if you're on the 50 yard line, there's a whole lot of real estate between you and the action.

I also wonder what they're planning for team locker room facilities. I'm sure they have a plan, but no idea how it will be implemented. It will be more fun to watch on TV than to be there in person IMO.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Plenty of bad seats...

May 23, 2016, 10:20 PM

But it'll still be packed out. I'd be there if I was a Vol or Hokie fan. Can't be any worse than a final four seat and I've been to two of those.

I think it'll sell out bc the event is years in the making and it comes at the right time - beginning of season, vols expected for big year, new Hokie coach, etc.

Maybe they'll treat it like a NASCAR race where you can bring a

May 24, 2016, 12:02 AM

Whole cooler of beer inside the stadium. If that is the case, I'd be all over that.

Awful to watch, awesome to be a part of IMO******

May 24, 2016, 8:35 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am in VA and people are crazy about this game

May 24, 2016, 9:04 AM

It will shatter the all time attendance record for a NCAA football game. I think it would be cool to attend just don't plan on watching any football.

Re: I am in VA and people are crazy about this game

May 24, 2016, 9:13 AM

There will be more people for the football game than some of their most recent races.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic